Community Forum

[E] Breed All Breeds Record [23/328 Complete || 305 To Go!]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Heartland2001
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Buyer's Interest

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote: no problem she is a purebred but what i meant was if you got stuck with a lot of colts and no fillys you could try breeding to my mare
Ah, noted. I appreciate it!
no problem if there are any horses that might help you complete other breeds on my farm let me know and i could breed the mare or put the stallion up for stud and it would not cost you anything
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: [E] Breed All Breeds Record

Post by Hilayla »

How exciting! I'm so happy for you. I was working on Kathiawari's on my side and I'm not sure how much luck I was having. I think I never got a second from my pair and they are all crosses but I can't really remember. If they can help with your project I'd be glad to send them over. They're just sitting there being of no use right now.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hilayla wrote:How exciting! I'm so happy for you. I was working on Kathiawari's on my side and I'm not sure how much luck I was having. I think I never got a second from my pair and they are all crosses but I can't really remember. If they can help with your project I'd be glad to send them over. They're just sitting there being of no use right now.
If they're 4-5* evals for Baluchi, Marwari, and/or Indianbreds then I'd love to take them.
Hilayla2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla2 »

Pregnant Mare:
4* Baluchi
3* Marwari, Indian Bred
Green Intelligence
COI: 20.86
HGP: 43.246

Her Colt:
4* Kathiawari, Indianbred, Baladi, Baluchi
3* Marwari
COI: 22.78%
HGP: 52.264
Gold Intelligence

Her other colt doesn't have the evals but these two are up for offers. You can have them. They've been sitting around a long time.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hilayla2 wrote:Pregnant Mare:
4* Baluchi
3* Marwari, Indian Bred
Green Intelligence

Her Colt:
3* Marwari
Gold Intelligence

Her other colt doesn't have the evals but these two are up for offers. You can have them. They've been sitting around a long time.
Much appreciated!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Hilayla2 wrote:Pregnant Mare:
4* Baluchi
3* Marwari, Indian Bred
Green Intelligence

Her Colt:
3* Marwari
Gold Intelligence

Much appreciated!
Ah sorry, just noticed they're not pure Kathiawaris; I won't be able to use them for breeding since the recipes require pure ones. Thank you so much for your offers, though!
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Not a problem.
Gabby Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote: Much appreciated!
Ah sorry, just noticed they're not pure Kathiawaris; I won't be able to use them for breeding since the recipes require pure ones. Thank you so much for your offers, though!
I have a Kathiawari mare in my 'Extra' pasture that is pregnant. If you want, I can tell you when she foals!

-Gabbs
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby Woodlark wrote:I have a Kathiawari mare in my 'Extra' pasture that is pregnant. If you want, I can tell you when she foals!

-Gabbs
Sounds good!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Update 18: Recipe Studs, Advice Appreciated

Post by EclipticEnd »

I had a thought that others might be inspired to do this challenge as well, and that I could help make things easier for them. As such, I'm thinking about compiling a list of studs from the public ads that are 4* or higher for various breeds, or that are proven to be able to create a breed if paired with correctly.

I admittedly have my own little note file on my laptop with links to a variety of studs that I'm using and/or planning to use in the future. I often go through pages upon pages of studs in search of the right evals, and when I find them I write them down. It's a lot of work and I imagine it'd benefit a lot of players to have a comprehensive log of good horses; perhaps it'd help increase interest in breeding more breeds if said breeds are more easily accessible.

The issue is that I'm not entirely sure where I could share them. My first instinct would maybe be the Stud Forum? But would a registry in the Breeding Community forum be better for more of a community effort? Or another Farm Log, as the description for this area is "Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals" and I definitely view it as support for other players with this ambitious breeding goal.

Additionally, there's the factor in that I don't own a lot of the studs that I use. Would I need to ping the owners and see if they're alright with them being in a sort of registry? I probably have over 40 studs written down, and I doubt that some of the owners are still very active so I may never get responses.

To anyone who's following me along that might have advice in this matter, let me know. I'd very much appreciate it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 1:26 pm

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:26 pm