Community Forum

SolarSolstice Master Log

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: SolarSolstice Master Log

Post by EclipticEnd »

Small update for Winter 382.

Criollos have been born! I just got a colt and I have four (?) fillies I believe. Current steps to take: let them age up, breed them to TBs, breed the resulting crosses to Shetlands to make Falabellas, breed the Falabellas to more Shetlands to make Miniature Horses.

====================================================

Training is still open. I'm going to revamp the topic soon to be simpler and easier to read. Expecting training to take a week at most now.

Turkmenes are doing well. I got confos for the nine-ish foals that I was holding which is extremely helpful. I'm soon to be able to get them myself (so close yet so far as the saying goes). It'll be a bit more grinding yet before I can do that. Currently at 34k HGP, target is 60k HGP.

Latvians are doing fine. I was trying to breed to improve comments, but got impatient and now I'm just raising HGP up as high as I can. They'll be ready to sell soon I believe.

Shetlands are doing alright. I have a 5* Mini 4* Fal frozen, looking for a 5* Fal and I'll be done with those.

Przewalskis are also doing alright. They're in the 53k HGP range and slowly improving.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Autumn 386

I finally saved enough for Premium! It's good to be able to do my own conformations; I know I have quite a few horses that I like to check in my projects. I'm happy to offer confos for whoever needs them!

I'm writing this just quickly before I focus on doing more training. It helps keep my thoughts in line and helps me prioritize what I should be doing.

I'm working on some training. It's going much better with Premium as now I have more turns than I know what to do with. Things are still being slowed since this is both a breeding and training account. Having to deal with foals every turn takes a bit of time.

Speaking of, I've run out of room on my farm again so I'm going through and culling horses that aren't needed.

Phasing out my Shetlands! I'm keeping 4-5* evals for Mini and Fals as well as a couple nice Shetlands in case I need them in the future. The rest are going to be up for sale. I have a sale ad out for them already so if you're interested then check that out.

Criollos are aging up to mature (if they aren't already) and I've got some TB x Criollo crosses already made. Just working on some evaluation fixing and then I might have some Fals!

Latvians are still going well. I think the highest HGP is 62k, but it could be higher. I'll stop at 65k I think.

Forest Horses are nearly all aged out. I think there's just two left.

Turkmenes are going strong. I'm going to be culling some of them as I definitely have too many at the moment.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Spring 399.

Nearly at year 400! Pretty neat. I intend to do a contest of sorts every 500 years, so only 100 years to go until that happens. Out of context that sounds a bit insane, but I'm sure the years will fly by.

I have two Falabellas so far! Luckily they're male and female. Although they share the same mother, I may end up breeding them together to get a small herd going. With luck I'll get one without the same parents though. I've put most, if not all of my remaining Shetlands to work on breeding those.

The mare is already mature and frozen and the Stud should be soon as well. Once that happens I'll shift some of the focus towards breeding Minis before my Shetlands all age out. It might get a bit close as they're already getting a bit up there in age.

Current plan is to keep the mares breeding and freeze the studs. It'll hopefully help prevent retirement before a couple of Minis are born. If not then things might be a bit difficult. I'd love a breeding pair of Minis, but if I only end up with one then so be it. It's not going to be worth doing this all over again when I have other things I'd like to do.

Latvians are being stubborn. I'm in colt city. Every foal is a colt. Every single one. I have a 67k stud that I'm breeding to and though I've gotten numerous 64k colts, I haven't gotten anything better than a 62k filly.

I'm hoping for a break in the colt curse so that I can finish that project up. I just need a relatively high HGP mare to breed to the stud and I'll be happy.

Przewalski Horses are on hold as I have reached my brood limit. I'm fully upgraded for pregnant mares so I can do nothing but try to work with the limitation. Przes aren't really my focus and I've just idly been trying to improve them. If they end up aging out before I can get back to them then so be it, I can always do them again later.

Turkmenes are doing well. I'm soon to get a 40k HGP foal I think. My current highest is 39k. I've got a small variety of colors though I think I'm probably going to end up phasing some of them out if I want to really work on HGP rather than aesthetics.

I'm thinking that I want to keep Chestnut/Palomino/Cremello (non-Blacks) as well as some sort of Black-base (Black/Seal/Bay and their dilutions). I would love to keep Agouti going in my herd so that I can keep tabs on the Dapples that they're carrying. Therefore I believe I'm going to be doing Bays and Chestnuts. That means phasing out any Blacks and Seals that pop up (unless the HGP is good of course).

Though the Sooty Dapples are no longer a big focus in this herd, I'd absolutely love to keep it present even if it becomes subtle as I go forward. I think it's a unique gene that deserves some love, and I'm happy to provide it via my Turkmenes.

I've been keeping an eye on conformations and it's interesting to see how they've been changing with each generation. Speed started very high (one of the foundations had a speed confo of over 60) and has since been going down. Same with movement (though not a 60 confo). Agility, Balance, and Tempo have been increasing and recently I've seen the first real jump in Stamina at a confo of 25 (it's been sub-20 for a while).

I'm not sure what that all means for the conformations in the future, but it has been very interesting to observe.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Summer 413

I've been on hiatus due to lack of a computer. I've been playing every so often when I can get online, but I don't do mobile because I get so many foals and such each turn that I worry about missing something. Laptop is in shipping and should arrive soon though!

Probably going to keep in hiatus for a bit longer once I get it; I have a lot of farm sorting and clearing to do and a lot of general farm-keeping to handle. Lots of busy work. I'm going through and doing conformations for all of my horses as well as noting down evaluations. From there I'm deciding what I want to keep and what's worth getting rid of. It's a lot of boring work but I'll be grateful I did it later (hopefully).

I've got some horses up for sale as well. I'd like to give those time to sell before I do any aging. I'll probably end up rehoming or aging them out as they aren't the best quality.

Plans for the future:

I'll still be working on Latvians. Goal is two mares at 67k+ HGP and two studs as well. Might decide to fix evals back to 5* for their breed, but might also just try to get the evals to match conformations for a discipline so that I can use them for a grinder line. Not sure.

Shetlands: I'd like to get a 4* eval for Yakut to have in storage. I have a 3* one at the moment. Not entirely sure what that recipe looks like but it'd be good to have regardless. Also need to store a mare or two as I have mostly studs. Need to be able to breed more in the future without starting completely over.

Minis and Falas: I want to get a herd of Minis at 67k HGP. Homozygous for Pearl, some with competitive records to see how they're doing, etc. Probably same for Falas. I'll likely end up selling all of them and keeping three of each breed (2x mares, 1x stud). After that I'll move on to something else. Gonna work on Minis before Falas.

Turkmenes: Gonna keep going with them as I am. Going to pause group #1 and save maybe three of them? One stud, two mares. Then advance group #2 to the same spot. At that point I'll be merging them probably. Think that'll happen at around 50k HGP. That's more for COI control than anything, though COI isn't a big deal to me for that project.

RBRC things: Going to start with Yili as soon as one of the above projects finishes. I'll need the space for it after all. I think it's Orlov Trotters that we need? I'll probably work on that as well as Kazakhs. Don't need those really, but I'll likely make them anyway for the quest and then freeze them for future use.

Training: Not sure. I honestly prefer training and selling horses rather than training for players. May focus more on that. I've got a barn of horses to train on my freeze account that I need to work on so that's probably what I'll do as I go.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Small undated update:

I've been taking a bit of an unexpected hiatus. Got a bit burned out and some other things have caught my interest. I'll work on getting back into HWO soon, but that's why I've been silent lately!

Definitely going to be a bit of a pain remembering what I was doing. I'll probably make another lil update here to figure that out once I get back into things.

Still hanging around a bit, just not very active at all. If you need me for any reason, I'm usually on Discord daily even if I don't talk much in the server. You're welcome to DM me. : )
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 8:29 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:29 pm