Community Forum

My Opinion On Prices

Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Re: My Opinion On Prices

Post by Emlyn »

FantasyRanch3 wrote:Just remember that horses with a title may be no good! Don't forget to look at the win% and parents! But this is an awesome idea!!!!!
(Let me know if you want me to remove this!)
Ps-
I think the highest strength is 70! Ask Horzelover101! I think she did a overview of all them!
Up in the 70s is the highest I have seen :] but from my knowledge you can go higher than just 70 :]
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

FantasyRanch3 wrote:Just remember that horses with a title may be no good! Don't forget to look at the win% and parents! But this is an awesome idea!!!!!
Ps-
I think the highest strength is 70! Ask Horzelover101! I think she did a overview of all them!
Thank you for your input!

I definitely forgot the win%, thanks for the reminder!

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

AC Breeds

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

AC Breeds
The starter horses, eh? The one's that started every single horse on HWO. Whether it is a Thoroughbred or a high COI Grade Horse, you'll always find an AC breed at the very start. Many people sell them off so people with a little amount of PT don't have to spend that type of money, rather only a couple thousand dollars will do.

AC Breed w/ A Rather Rare Coat: 10k
AC Breed w/ No Reds: 7k
AC Breed w/ A Green/A Gold: 7k
Regular AC Breed: 5k
AC Breed w/ A Fluffy Mane: 5.5k
Glitched AC Breed: 6k

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
FantasyRanch3
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

Emlyn wrote:
Ps-
Up in the 70s is the highest I have seen :] but from my knowledge you can go higher than just 70 :]
Really?! Cool!
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

FantasyRanch3 wrote:
Emlyn wrote: Up in the 70s is the highest I have seen :] but from my knowledge you can go higher than just 70 :]
Really?! Cool!
Highest is 73, viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21436

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Ping

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

BlackOak2 wrote: Ping :D
Didn't know if you had read this or not, but figured you would like to read it :)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Ping

Post by BlackOak2 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: Ping :D
Didn't know if you had read this or not, but figured you would like to read it :)
:D
Not yet! I haven't been online in a day or two... you know, real life. :lol:

Anyway, this is... a topic that we (as a community) do struggle to offer up a guide for. So, firstly, KUDOS! for remembering to put there (multiple times) that it's your opinion. :lol: Really, though, it's important to keep that in mind. And you've covered that.
Second, are you considering just any random horse that crosses these minimums are of these values? Or, in my mind, at least, I'm thinking that you're thinking these horses are from at least slightly established lines (two or three generations bred by the same owner, or by an owner that has at least some understanding of the breeding processes)?
Although I would not overlook any particular horse that shows excessively strong heart in any random discipline with some rather random and unknown breeding, I also find that established lines are more regular in what they produce. So... I would expect to pay a slightly higher minimum for them, first off.

I will be tacking this into my quicklinks, under prices... um... I think.

You might also be able to tackle rare breeds as well. Though their prices are just as... all over the place... as some of the others, they still run along similar lines if they're proven competitors and their value skyrockets as well.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:

Anyway, this is... a topic that we (as a community) do struggle to offer up a guide for. So, firstly, KUDOS! for remembering to put there (multiple times) that it's your opinion. :lol: Really, though, it's important to keep that in mind. And you've covered that.
Second, are you considering just any random horse that crosses these minimums are of these values? Or, in my mind, at least, I'm thinking that you're thinking these horses are from at least slightly established lines (two or three generations bred by the same owner, or by an owner that has at least some understanding of the breeding processes)?
Although I would not overlook any particular horse that shows excessively strong heart in any random discipline with some rather random and unknown breeding, I also find that established lines are more regular in what they produce. So... I would expect to pay a slightly higher minimum for them, first off.

You might also be able to tackle rare breeds as well. Though their prices are just as... all over the place... as some of the others, they still run along similar lines if they're proven competitors and their value skyrockets as well.
Of course! Real life is always trying to get our attention away from HWO :lol:

I was trying to grasp the prices of all horses that fell under the certain 'requirements', and I know it doesn't make sense right now. This topic is still heavily under construction -_-

I was, eventually, going to try to do rare breeds at some point. I'm stuck in the middle of 'The prices are higher since they are rarer.' And 'The prices are cheaper since they need to be recognized and bred back into popularity.' Although I support both sides, I am not quite sure what to pick. I was maybe thinking I would price them equally to AC breeds as most are just bred for the sole purpose of the breed, and stats are not paid attention to. If that makes sense.

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Of course! Real life is always trying to get our attention away from HWO :lol:

I was trying to grasp the prices of all horses that fell under the certain 'requirements', and I know it doesn't make sense right now. This topic is still heavily under construction -_-

I was, eventually, going to try to do rare breeds at some point. I'm stuck in the middle of 'The prices are higher since they are rarer.' And 'The prices are cheaper since they need to be recognized and bred back into popularity.' Although I support both sides, I am not quite sure what to pick. I was maybe thinking I would price them equally to AC breeds as most are just bred for the sole purpose of the breed, and stats are not paid attention to. If that makes sense.
Here's some additional food-for-thought in rare breeds.
The reason many of us price the rarer breeds so low is, indeed, to make the breed more popular. But just because the price is low, doesn't mean the value is low. You're making a guide for you about the value of the horse and not necessarily the actual price of the horse.
We, as breeders and sellers, put a certain value on a horse, then by using that value, we apply a price that feels right for the market (market sustainability) and that we won't feel slighted (too cheap).
If the value we place on a horse is surpassed, then we feel like we got away with the candy, but if we feel the price we get on the horse is too low compared to the value, we feel slighted.
So, value's help us determine how much we feel the horse is worth and it guides us to an acceptable price to apply to it.
Rare breeds have a lot of value because they're generally harder to breed to, they have low (or no) population and they are underdeveloped. Although being underdeveloped does take away overall value. :lol:

I hope that helps a little more. 8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: Of course! Real life is always trying to get our attention away from HWO :lol:

Here's some additional food-for-thought in rare breeds.
The reason many of us price the rarer breeds so low is, indeed, to make the breed more popular. But just because the price is low, doesn't mean the value is low. You're making a guide for you about the value of the horse and not necessarily the actual price of the horse.
We, as breeders and sellers, put a certain value on a horse, then by using that value, we apply a price that feels right for the market (market sustainability) and that we won't feel slighted (too cheap).
If the value we place on a horse is surpassed, then we feel like we got away with the candy, but if we feel the price we get on the horse is too low compared to the value, we feel slighted.
So, value's help us determine how much we feel the horse is worth and it guides us to an acceptable price to apply to it.
Rare breeds have a lot of value because they're generally harder to breed to, they have low (or no) population and they are underdeveloped. Although being underdeveloped does take away overall value. :lol:

I hope that helps a little more. 8-)
Thank you! It does give me a bit more insight!

I am pretty 'green' when it comes to rare breeds. All I do is breed Sumbas for fun.

Wish me luck as I tackle the rare breed value! :lol:

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 7:05 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:05 pm