Community Forum

[E] Stud List || TBs, Arabians, Belgians, Recipe Horses, and More!

Post your stallions available for stud, or stallions you are looking for.
Forum rules
Make sure to include a descriptive subject so other players know quickly which threads to have a look at.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Arabians

Post by EclipticEnd »

emorrison787 wrote:I was thinking since the foal was born brown that it was turn black. most my grullo babies were born grey and turned dark, but I also don't know anything about color genetics. so I could be very wrong about the colors of my horses. thank you for offering your mare. I would love to use her as a broodmare. I will definitely try breeding Sharon to him as well. Here are my current studs
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/192066
I wouldn't know who to breed your mare too?
Try this one. He's either Ata or AtAt, he can't be hiding any other agouti variant under the seal that he's showing. He's dun, but most arabians seem to be at the moment; it'll just have to be bred out eventually.

I'll put the mare up for offers. You're good to use her until she's around 10 years of age; she's 4 right now so that should do 5-6 foals for you. You can offer $1.
emorrison787
Visit My Farm

Post by emorrison787 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
emorrison787 wrote:I was thinking since the foal was born brown that it was turn black. most my grullo babies were born grey and turned dark, but I also don't know anything about color genetics. so I could be very wrong about the colors of my horses. thank you for offering your mare. I would love to use her as a broodmare. I will definitely try breeding Sharon to him as well. Here are my current studs
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/192066
I wouldn't know who to breed your mare too?
Try this one. He's either Ata or AtAt, he can't be hiding any other agouti variant under the seal that he's showing. He's dun, but most arabians seem to be at the moment; it'll just have to be bred out eventually.

I'll put the mare up for offers. You're good to use her until she's around 10 years of age; she's 4 right now so that should do 5-6 foals for you. You can offer $1.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will definitely return her by 10yrs old, and before 10 if she gives me a black foal. I placed an offered. I preggo mares in the barn. so youll know where she is. Also Valley Girl (my grullo mare) had another colt. Though I believe it is another grullo colt. Sharon had a very strange colored foal. lol
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

emorrison787 wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will definitely return her by 10yrs old, and before 10 if she gives me a black foal. I placed an offered. I preggo mares in the barn. so youll know where she is. Also Valley Girl (my grullo mare) had another colt. Though I believe it is another grullo colt. Sharon had a very strange colored foal. lol
No problem!

It looks like Sharon's hiding a silver gene; the foal's a silver dapple/silver black. I think dun as well, the dorsal stripe down the back is hard to see at the current age but any dun patterns should be more obvious when she's older; it's possible she's not dun at all since I'm not really sure if there's a dorsal or not. Edit: she is in fact a silver dapple dun/silver grullo.

The new colt is indeed another grullo. I'm guessing your mare's a homozygous grullo so the foals are guaranteed to be D/n. If they breed with a non-dun then it'll be a 50% chance of black vs. grullo.
emorrison787
Visit My Farm

Post by emorrison787 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
emorrison787 wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will definitely return her by 10yrs old, and before 10 if she gives me a black foal. I placed an offered. I preggo mares in the barn. so youll know where she is. Also Valley Girl (my grullo mare) had another colt. Though I believe it is another grullo colt. Sharon had a very strange colored foal. lol
No problem!

It looks like Sharon's hiding a silver gene; the foal's a silver dapple/silver black. I think dun as well, the dorsal stripe down the back is hard to see at the current age but any dun patterns should be more obvious when she's older; it's possible she's not dun at all since I'm not really sure if there's a dorsal or not. Edit: she is in fact a silver dapple dun/silver grullo.

The new colt is indeed another grullo. I'm guessing your mare's a homozygous grullo so the foals are guaranteed to be D/n. If they breed with a non-dun then it'll be a 50% chance of black vs. grullo.
Thank you so much for loaning me your mare! she has produced one 4* and 5* filly. I know for sure the 4* filly is black. I am waiting on the 5* to age some so I'll know. Maybe you can verify that. I'd like to keeping breeding her till she gives me a 5* black colt. But I promise if not I will return by 10yrs. Also I believe I am done use "Dawn to Dusk" for now. Simply because the only mare I was breeding him to was producing grullo foals. Thanks again for all of your help! I wouldn't know what a non-dun would look like to breed to valley girl. if you have any stud suggestions I will gladly try them. Also I can train Ribbons of Dusk while she is with me if you'd like for free?
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: [E] Stud List || TBs, Arabians, Belgians, Recipe Horses, and More!

Post by EclipticEnd »

LWC Station wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:
Just moving this conversation into here so that we're not hijacking h4l's post.

I tend to keep some of my horses off the stud market when I'm not sure what my future plans are for them. I can certainly put him up, but I'd only leave him up for a short time before taking him back off the market. He and the other Turkmenes are slightly on the older side and I want to avoid anyone spam breeding to him. Fee would be $1,000. Let me know if that sounds good.
1,000 sounds good thanks :)
I'll pop him up and take him down sometime tonight or tomorrow.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

emorrison787 wrote:Thank you so much for loaning me your mare! she has produced one 4* and 5* filly. I know for sure the 4* filly is black. I am waiting on the 5* to age some so I'll know. Maybe you can verify that. I'd like to keeping breeding her till she gives me a 5* black colt. But I promise if not I will return by 10yrs. Also I believe I am done use "Dawn to Dusk" for now. Simply because the only mare I was breeding him to was producing grullo foals. Thanks again for all of your help! I wouldn't know what a non-dun would look like to breed to valley girl. if you have any stud suggestions I will gladly try them. Also I can train Ribbons of Dusk while she is with me if you'd like for free?
I think I'm a bit late to take on the training, but thanks for the offer.

Her foals look to be two black, one grullo, and one seal brown / seal bay in that order. I don't think the seal's a dun which is good and because of her mother you know that that color's coming from a single gene (At/a) so she'll have a 50% chance of not passing it down. Same with the grullo, it's a 50% chance of losing that dun gene in the next generation.

As for studs, I don't have an immediate suggestion. I was going to say Sandstorms is up for stud, but he's a full sibling to Dawn so that'd raise COI. Most of your studs will bring you back to bays save for your seal which would also raise COI. If you don't care too much about it then I'd suggest Sandstorms. He does have a cream gene is the only thing.

There's unfortunately not many non-dun and non-agouti Arabians in the public studs; I'm not entirely sure how they all came to be dun, but I'm guessing there's a common ancestor somewhere that had many a foal and happened to be dun.

My suggestion would be to ignore COI for now. You can breed your blacks to another black just to get a small population of them without dun and without agouti. You can then breed to other grullos, just make a note that you'd be looking for change over multiple generations. Grullos would mean removing one dun gene, then the other gene (so at least two generations). Bay Duns would mean getting rid of agouti and dun, which can also be done in two generations if you're very lucky but is more likely to be more. You'll just want to make sure that you keep up a foundation supply of blacks to do this with.
emorrison787
Visit My Farm

Post by emorrison787 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
emorrison787 wrote:Thank you so much for loaning me your mare! she has produced one 4* and 5* filly. I know for sure the 4* filly is black. I am waiting on the 5* to age some so I'll know. Maybe you can verify that. I'd like to keeping breeding her till she gives me a 5* black colt. But I promise if not I will return by 10yrs. Also I believe I am done use "Dawn to Dusk" for now. Simply because the only mare I was breeding him to was producing grullo foals. Thanks again for all of your help! I wouldn't know what a non-dun would look like to breed to valley girl. if you have any stud suggestions I will gladly try them. Also I can train Ribbons of Dusk while she is with me if you'd like for free?
I think I'm a bit late to take on the training, but thanks for the offer.

Her foals look to be two black, one grullo, and one seal brown / seal bay in that order. I don't think the seal's a dun which is good and because of her mother you know that that color's coming from a single gene (At/a) so she'll have a 50% chance of not passing it down. Same with the grullo, it's a 50% chance of losing that dun gene in the next generation.

As for studs, I don't have an immediate suggestion. I was going to say Sandstorms is up for stud, but he's a full sibling to Dawn so that'd raise COI. Most of your studs will bring you back to bays save for your seal which would also raise COI. If you don't care too much about it then I'd suggest Sandstorms. He does have a cream gene is the only thing.

There's unfortunately not many non-dun and non-agouti Arabians in the public studs; I'm not entirely sure how they all came to be dun, but I'm guessing there's a common ancestor somewhere that had many a foal and happened to be dun.

My suggestion would be to ignore COI for now. You can breed your blacks to another black just to get a small population of them without dun and without agouti. You can then breed to other grullos, just make a note that you'd be looking for change over multiple generations. Grullos would mean removing one dun gene, then the other gene (so at least two generations). Bay Duns would mean getting rid of agouti and dun, which can also be done in two generations if you're very lucky but is more likely to be more. You'll just want to make sure that you keep up a foundation supply of blacks to do this with.
Thank you so much for your help! I wanted to pick your brain about another color. I am still trying for a black col, but I really liked that seal bay filly that your mare gave me. I'd like a colt that color as well. So what color stud should I breed to that filly to get another seal brown? She just turned 4, so I'd like to breed her soon. Any suggestions?
emorrison787
Visit My Farm

Post by emorrison787 »

emorrison787 wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote: I think I'm a bit late to take on the training, but thanks for the offer.

Thank you so much for your help! I wanted to pick your brain about another color. I am still trying for a black col, but I really liked that seal bay filly that your mare gave me. I'd like a colt that color as well. So what color stud should I breed to that filly to get another seal brown? She just turned 4, so I'd like to breed her soon. Any suggestions? I'd like a richer seal brown with more bay showing if that is possible?
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

emorrison787 wrote:Thank you so much for your help! I wanted to pick your brain about another color. I am still trying for a black col, but I really liked that seal bay filly that your mare gave me. I'd like a colt that color as well. So what color stud should I breed to that filly to get another seal brown? She just turned 4, so I'd like to breed her soon. Any suggestions?
Oop, must've missed this. Sorry about that!

Seal's one of the three Agouti variants, those being Wild Bay (A+), Bay (A), and Seal (At). A horse can carry up to two Agouti at a time, so a horse can be A+A+, A+A, A+At, Aa, AA, AAt, Aa, AtAt, Ata, or aa (none). If you have any horses that present as Seal then they're guaranteed to have at least one Seal gene and no other variants. Wild Bay can hide Bay and Seal, and normal Bay can hide Seal because Agouti will hold priority first for Wild, second for Normal, and third for Seal. Since you want a Seal, you want a horse with: A+At, AAt, AtAt, Ata.

For the Seals:
You have Johnny who's Ata, so he'll either pass Seal or no Agouti at all. Double is either AA, AAt, or Aa. His mother's a Seal and he simply hasn't had enough foals with non-Bay mares to know for certain. Test him with Grullas and if you ever get a Grulla or Seal then you'll know his genetics. Lil Johnny is possibly AAt since Johnny's his father, but he could just as easily be Aa. He needs tested with a Grulla or Black as well; if you get a Grulla/Black then Aa, if you get a Seal then AAt. Melchizedek has a Seal mother so it's possible he's hiding Seal; maybe AAt? He has no extension genes so Agouti's not showing on him and he's had no foals to test that theory. He'll either be Aa or AAt.

For non-Seals:
Sugar is AA I think, so no Seal from him. Threadgoode might also be AA. Godspeed is Aa (not bad if you're looking to make more Grullas, he's a very gorgeous low expression Red Dun).Raid-A-Bandit is Aa as well and not dun as far as I can tell, so he's not a bad Black candidate save for his Cream gene. King is probably either AA or Aa. Dueteronomy is probably AA or Aa; he's had no foals to know for certain and his lack of Black means we can't see the Agouti in his coat. Jack is either AA or Aa. I'd expect Aa as both of his parents are Aa. Lastly, Cyrus is either AA or Aa.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 12:23 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:23 am