Community Forum

PLEASE HELP! I CAN'T BREED SHIRES!

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
CrochetShiloh
Visit My Farm

PLEASE HELP! I CAN'T BREED SHIRES!

Post by CrochetShiloh »

Thanks for clicking this message, I hope you can help me,

Since I started playing this game I have wanted to breed shires. I looked in the breeds wiki and to breed a shire is
Forest Horse x [ Belgian x Friesian ]. So that is what I did, I got a 100% Belgian mare from adoption, and got a colt from her.
Once he was old enough I breed him with a 100% forest horse mare from adoption, I thought the foal would be a shire.
But it was just a half-forest horse. So I thought maybe the dam is supposed to be the Belgian-Friesian mix, so I bred that mare again and once I got a filly, and once she was at breeding age I bred her with a forest horse stallion.
She just foaled, but it was another half-forest horse foal.
I am so confused, I am not sure why I am not getting a shire, I am doing what the wiki says. Am I breeding wrong? is their a certain genetic I am missing?
I only started playing this game a few months ago, so any help with his will be much apricated.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: PLEASE HELP! I CAN'T BREED SHIRES!

Post by BlackOak2 »

ShilohRose wrote:Thanks for clicking this message, I hope you can help me,

Since I started playing this game I have wanted to breed shires. I looked in the breeds wiki and to breed a shire is
Forest Horse x [ Belgian x Friesian ]. So that is what I did, I got a 100% Belgian mare from adoption, and got a colt from her.
Once he was old enough I breed him with a 100% forest horse mare from adoption, I thought the foal would be a shire.
But it was just a half-forest horse. So I thought maybe the dam is supposed to be the Belgian-Friesian mix, so I bred that mare again and once I got a filly, and once she was at breeding age I bred her with a forest horse stallion.
I am so confused, I am not sure why I am not getting a shire, I am doing what the wiki says. Am I breeding wrong? is their a certain genetic I am missing?
I only started playing this game a few months ago, so any help with his will be much apricated.
It doesn't matter which parent is which. Nor does it matter what percentages each is, as long as the only breeds shown are the breeds in the recipe.
What you're missing is the requirements for the shires. This is why you're popping foals that aren't shires. Even if you pop a foal that hits all the requirements for the shire, it's still a 50/50 coin toss whether it'll be a shire or not.

So try to find parents that evaluate better for shire stock first. Purchasing the shire book will help your goal but isn't necessary.

For in-depth information, see the following link:
http://horseworldonline.net/forum/viewt ... 12&t=16282
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
CrochetShiloh
Visit My Farm

Post by CrochetShiloh »

OK thanks so much!
rosie0922 Holding2
Visit My Farm

Post by rosie0922 Holding2 »

ShilohRose wrote:Thanks for clicking this message, I hope you can help me,

It can take awhile! I've been working on a Florida Cracker project for 3 weeks now with the right recipe and 3-5* horses and I have yet to breed one. The good news is you only need a few to get your herd started!
CrochetShiloh
Visit My Farm

Post by CrochetShiloh »

I am finding that out lol
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:12 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:12 pm