Community Forum

Genetics

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Palecat
Visit My Farm

Genetics

Post by Palecat »

How do genetics work on here? I'm thinking about breeding a type of horse with neck/head shape I like, along with body type.

Perfect head/neck
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3712336
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Genetics

Post by BlackOak2 »

Palecat wrote:How do genetics work on here? I'm thinking about breeding a type of horse with neck/head shape I like, along with body type.

Perfect head/neck
Genetics on the game essentially work like genetics in real life.

To make it super simple: Keep the horses you like for breeding, cull out all of those that you don't like.

If you're looking for also mohawk, this is a recessive gene, so you'll need a horse to have two of these to display mohawk. The horse you linked will produce at least all mohawk carrying offspring. If paired with a mohawk partner, ALL of their foals will be mohawks.

I suggest for 'head and neck' design, as well as body design, you wait to cull out your stock at least until the horse is nearing it's fifth birthday. Our horses keep growing until their fifth and their body form can change quite a bit, going from a seriously ugly newborn, to a beautifully proportioned adult. You could probably start culling as early as 3 years, but I'd suggest not too much earlier than 4.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Palecat
Visit My Farm

Re: Genetics

Post by Palecat »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Palecat wrote:How do genetics work on here? I'm thinking about breeding a type of horse with neck/head shape I like, along with body type.

Perfect head/neck
Genetics on the game essentially work like genetics in real life.

To make it super simple: Keep the horses you like for breeding, cull out all of those that you don't like.

If you're looking for also mohawk, this is a recessive gene, so you'll need a horse to have two of these to display mohawk. The horse you linked will produce at least all mohawk carrying offspring. If paired with a mohawk partner, ALL of their foals will be mohawks.

I suggest for 'head and neck' design, as well as body design, you wait to cull out your stock at least until the horse is nearing it's fifth birthday. Our horses keep growing until their fifth and their body form can change quite a bit, going from a seriously ugly newborn, to a beautifully proportioned adult. You could probably start culling as early as 3 years, but I'd suggest not too much earlier than 4.
Thank you so very much! That's so very helpful!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 am