Community Forum

All Breeds Project - 297/328 Complete!

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Italian Heavy Draft, Criollo, Irish Draught

Post by Corvus »

Italian Heavy Draft: (Belgian x Breton) x (Percheron x Boulonnais)
Foals Bred: 9
I have three Percheron x Boulonnaises. The two mares are 3*, both are not thicc and one is too tall and the other too short. The stallion is 4* and too tall.

Diamond Treasure

I only have one Breton and she's a 5*

Temporary Charm

I bred her to a Belgian, so hopefully I get a decent foal or two from her. But I also need to remember to make a few more Bretons because I have a few more breeds to make from them.

This one is done!

Poison River

Quest Complete 28 Jan 24!
Criollo: (Sorraia x Garrano) x (Arabian x Andalusian)
Foals Bred: 5
I have some half and part Garranos who are 5*. My Sorraias aren't good, but I'm making some half Sorraias that will hopefully be better.

On the other side of the equation, I think my Arabian rejects might work, especially with a taller, horsier Andalusian. Or I could just use a lighter Arabian because I have a lot of thiccer Andalusians. But I do also have this 4* mare.

Scarlet of Bird

She's too tall but otherwise good. So I think I'll breed her to whichever of my reject stallions is the most horse-like and see what I get. And I'll breed one of my others to a normal Arabian too just in case that's better.

I didn't get any horses that are 5*, but I have some that are close enough to make this work. This Sorraia x Garrano is 4* and too short

Stormy Kingdom

And this Arabian x Andalusian is only a little too thicc

Sassy Talon

If I were to average height and size, they're perfect so this one could possibly be a quick one.

And they came through with a Criollo!

Topaz Power

Quest Complete 28 Jan 24!

Irish Draught: (Belgian x TB) x (Andalusian x Connemara)
Foals Bred: 2
I already have an Andalusian x Connemara mare. She's 4* and just a little thicc

Angel of the Wind

So I'm just gonna try to get a Belgian x TB stallion who's on the smaller side of thiccness. My TBs aren't good here and I don't have any Belgians, but there's plenty available, so I got a TB mare. She's too short, not thicc, and too horse, but Belgians can easily make up for that and I found a good one for her. I also noticed there are some Belgian x TB studs and one isn't too bad for this. He's too horse, but thought I'd give him a try anyway. Might manage to get this one done before I can even get a Belgian x TB.

It worked! No need to make my own Belgian x TB!

Dream Aspen

This is the last breed for the Connemara so I can say goodbye to him!

Quest Complete 27 Jan 24!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Chickasaw, Freiberg, Jutland

Post by Corvus »

Chickasaw: (Spanish Jennet x Sorraia) x (Spanish Barb x TB)
Foals Bred: 11
I have a 5* TB filly

Tangent Pumpkin

She's pretty young though, but I'll start aging her up. I do also have two 4* TBs. One is too thicc and one is not thicc enough, so I might use them too. My Spanish Barbs aren't very good, but there are a handful of studs available that are better. Hopefully I don't use up all their energy before I get one or two good foals. But I can always wait for Pumpkin to age up too.

Fortunately, the Sorraias I made for the Criollo are pretty good for Chickasaw and I even have a 5* mare!

Pineapple Flurry

I have a 4* Spanish Jennet to go with her too and he's fortunately not too far off on thiccness

Heart Breaking Chrome

I got a 5* TB x Spanish Barb colt

Thunder Lion

I don't have any other 5* horses but I have a few who aren't too far away, so hopefully this won't take too long. I currently have 4 mares and I might still have a few fillies to be aged up.

Got him!

Kittens Sand

Quest Complete 30 Jan 24!

Freiberg: (Anglo-Norman x TB) x (Arabian x Ardennais)
Foals Bred: 3
I have a 4* Anglo-Norman x TB mare already

Cosmic Root

This is my closest Ardennais

Peach Haze

Horse/pony is the thing she's the furthest off on. But she might get me something close. My rejects are too short for this, so I'll breed her to a regular Arabian, although it would be nice if there were a somewhat thiccer one. If I don't seem to be getting decent foals, I'll try with a taller reject and maybe keep an eye out for a tall foal too.

Can't believe I got this one in 3 foals!

Reckless for Sand

Quest Complete 29 Jan 24!

Jutland: Suffolk Punch x (Norfolk Trotter x Cleveland Bay)
My Suffolk Punch mare is frozen and she's 5*

Awaken Inferno

I'll leave her frozen until I'm ready for her. There is also a Suffolk Punch stud available who is 4*, but his stud fee is a little higher than I like. But I would get a half Suffolk Punch if the foal doesn't come out and I could probably use more of them.

My Norfolk Trotters are all over the place. Most are too short and not thicc, although I have some within the right height range. Some are significantly not thicc, so I don't want to use those. I do have some that are too pony like this mare

Chocolate Nation

My Cleveland Bays can make up for the shortness, but they are light or very light. So I'll just have to hope for the best. Or maybe make a half Cleveland Bay, but then I wouldn't get half Suffolks from failed foals.

What

Second foal?

How?

Melancholy Memories

Only got one half Suffolk Punch so so much for starting a little herd of Suffolks from them. Honestly, this is probably better to get this out of the way

Quest Complete 29 Jan 24!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Florida Cracker, Vladimir Heavy Draft, Haflinger

Post by Corvus »

Florida Cracker: (Spanish Jennet x Sorraia) x (Andalusian x Spanish Barb)
Foals Bred: 4
This is the last breed for the Sorraia, and conveniently, I already have Spanish Jennet x Sorraias from making Chickasaws. Many of them are too horse, but I do have a 5* mare!

Amber Punch

I've gotta make the Andalusian x Spanish Barbs. I have two Andalusian mares who are too tall, and this one is pretty close

Moonstruck Temptation

I have an Andalusian stallion and colt that are 4* as well. The colt is pretty young, so I'll just use this guy.

Dull Sands

I do have a 5* Spanish Barb mare

Sketchy Falcon

I have a 4* colt who is almost 3, so I'll age him up for my Andalusian mares, so I'll have 3 mares going so hopefully I get at least a few good foals.

Here's a 5* Andalusian x Spanish Barb colt. So with him and Amber, they should work out well.

Horse Windsong

While waiting for him to age up, I had another colt hit 3 so thought I'd use him for a couple of tries before my 5* was old enough. And apparently he was good enough.

Born Arrow

This means I can get rid of my Sorraias and I'm also getting closer to being done with Spanish Jennets!

Vladimir Heavy Draft: (Percheron x Shire) x (Cleveland Bay x Suffolk Punch)
Foals Bred: 1
I have this half Suffolk Punch mare from making Jutlands and she's 4* and too short

Hollywood Rogue

Height isn't a concern though because my Cleveland Bays are all too tall. They are also unfortunately not thicc and not pony. Still, I have one who is at least close on thiccness and the Percheron and Shire can hopefully makeup for the Cleveland Bay.

My Shires and Percherons aren't too great. Mostly too tall, and a lot of them are off on ponyness and thiccness. But I do have a too short Shire mare

Seaside Chickadee

So I'll breed her to my too tall, too thicc Percheron stallion. Since the other side of the equation is likely to be not thicc and too horse, I don't mind if this side ends up being heavier.

Can't believe I got this one on the first try

Doomed Torpedo

This means I am done with my Cleveland Bays! I think I'm gonna miss them a bit. Especially since it took me forever to make them bay, but it'll be nicer to have them gone.

Haflinger: (Arabian x Forest Horse) x Noriker
Foals Bred: 16
I only have a few Norikers to work with but one is a 4* stallion who is too tall.

Glazed Nebula

I have this 4* Forest Horse stallion

Shimmering Patience

I'll breed some of my Arabian rejects to him. They're not thicc and not pony enough, but they should hopefully get me somewhere close to what I need. My Noriker is on the lower side of the range for ponyness and thiccness, so I hope to get some mares that are at least almost there.

This Arabian x Forest Horse is only off in thiccness by 6%!

Silver Sketch

I have a few others but she is the closest one so far. I feel like that's probably good enough so I'll hold off on making more for the moment.

Took a few attempts but got a Haflinger!

Bold Risk

Quest Complete 31 Jan 24!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

San Fratellano, Rhineland Heavy Draft, Abtenauer

Post by Corvus »

San Fratellano: (TB x Hispano Arabian) x (Arabian x Salerno)
Foals Bred: 4
This is the last breed for Hispano Arabians and might be the last breed for my Arabian rejects! I'm not entirely sure though because I identified the breeds I need rejects for based only on size. So I might need to go through and see if there's any others that seem like they need a thiccer Arabian.

Looking at my TBs, this is my best one

Grizzled Sunbeams

She's too tall, but otherwise good and even on the higher side for thiccness and in the middle for horse/pony, which is good, because I'm sure my Hispano Arabians will not be good in those areas.

And all of my Hispano Arabians are 0*. Of course they are. But it's fine. I bred all my mares to make some halfs that will hopefully be somewhat better. I need to wait for Sunbeams to age up anyway. And if she ages up before I have a decent stallion for her, I'll breed her to the least terrible stallion I already have.

I have a 4* Salerno who is too tall

Speedy Drumbeat

He's in the middle for horse/pony and thiccness, and my Arabian rejects should be mostly good matches here too. I'll breed some of my shorter mares to him, and I should get some good ones. So this side of the equation should at least be pretty good. I might even try for some that are too thicc and too pony because the TB x Hispano Arabians are definitely gonna struggle there.

Somehow this was the easiest one of this group of breeds

Braided Speed

I can get rid of my Hispano Arabians now! I'm gonna have to review the Arabian rejects though. Unfortunately, this means I may have to buy a bunch of breed books so I can see how many breeds made from Arabians need to be heavier.

Quest Complete 2 Feb 24!

Rhineland Heavy Draft: (Belgian x Percheron) x (Boulonnais x Clydesdale)
I don't have any Belgians, so I have to rely on my Percheron mares. Fortunately, I have a 4* one is lacking in thiccness.

Maple Proof

There's a handful of decent Belgian studs available for her, so I'll use them to hopefully get a few foals.

I have two Boulonnais stallions. Neither are perfect, but this one is 4*

Troubled Wrangler

My one Clydesedale mare isn't great as she's way too horsey. But fortunately there were several Clydesdale mares available. This one is too tall but otherwise good

Last Christmas

She is older, so I also picked up another one who is younger. She's shorter but still to tall and only 1% too pony, so she could make some good foals.

I got a 5* Clydesdale x Boulannais mare

Full Aspen

I have a too tall stallion or a not thicc and too pony stallion to pair with her. I might try both of them with her since either of them might end up working out. I do have a few other mares to work with, but she's the best of the group.

Got her!

Glittering Explorer

She's the first horse on my way to getting to the last breed for Przewalski's Horses. Which should really just be called Takhi because that is 1000x easier to spell (and pronounce)

Quest Complete 2 Feb 24!

Abtenauer: Spanish Barb x Noriker
I was breeding some Norikers that would hopefully help with the Haflinger (and maybe get some mares) and this one is 5* for Abtenauers!

Autumn Drifter

I actually had him for sale, but fortunately, no one bought him. I might put him back up after I'm done though, cause I really don't need more stallions. All I have is stallions lmao

I also have a 5* Spanish Barb mare! Could this be a quick one?

Starry Thief

I also have two 4* who aren't thicc. One is only 0.05% under! So I think I'll start with the 5* and the closer 4* and if they're not successful in two attempts, then I'll start the other 4* as well.

Finally got this one. That took longer than expected but having 5* horses isn't everything

Evergreen Theme

Quest Complete 1 Feb 24!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Murgese, Bardigiano, North Swedish Horse

Post by Corvus »

Murgese:(Arabian x Avelignese) x (NAB x Italian Heavy Draft)
Foals Bred: 199
This is 1 of 4 breeds that I'm thinking could still use one of my weird little Arabian rejects, although having the Italian Heavy Draft in the mix might actually balance things out. But I will need some more height. Fortunately, I've been breeding some taller ones because I did know I would no longer need the short guys.

My Avelignese is unfortunately 0*. He's too short, too thicc, and too pony.

Polymer Pizza

There is also a stud available, but he's got the same issues, although somewhat better when it comes to being too pony. Maybe I'll try with him too. But this also makes me think that maybe I should just use a regular Arabian instead of a reject, although I feel with such wide ranges of possibilities, it could be hard to get one that's on target in all areas.

I have a 2* Italian Heavy Draft, but overall, they're both very far off. This one is closest only because she's the right height.

Giggling Rosebud

I'll try with her and see what I get. I suppose it's possible I'll get lucky and get some decent horses, but I'm guessing I'll be trying for a while here. Either to make good recipe horses or because I'm gonna be dealing with varying ranges when I try to make this one.

I've been getting some that are close, so at this point, it may just be a numbers game. I may lose some of my mares before I get a Murgese, but I still have everything I need to make more recipe horses.

So far 100 failures. My initial group of 5 mares is in their mid-20s now, so I could lose them at any point now. I have a few more fillies coming up though, so I will at least be able to replace them.

ALMOST 200 FOALS AND THERE WERE FAR MORE THAN 200 FOALS INVOLVED BUT I FINALLY GOT THIS ONE

Infuriating

At least this is the last breed for Avelignese and Italian Heavy Draft. It's also the last breed I needed to make the last breed from Tarpans, and it'll help with getting rid of a few other breeds too.

Quest Complete 7 Feb 24!

Bardigiano: (Fell x Noriker) x Avelignese
Foals Bred: 24
My Avelignese is 2*. Right height, but too thicc and too pony. The available stud is good on the pony side of things, but still too thicc, so maybe I'll try to use him more than my own. Assuming he is still available and has energy by the time I'm ready.

I have been breeding my Fells to be 5* and then I froze them so I am set on those. I have a whole pasture of them ready to go. I have no idea why I decided to keep so many but I did.

I only have one 5* Noriker

Rumbling Destiny

I have another mare who is only a little too thicc. So I think I'll use the two mares with one of my Fell stallions and then maybe a few of my Fell mares too. I don't know how many I have but maybe I'll just use all of them and be overrun with Fell x Norikers. More likely to get a 5* if I breed a ton of them I guess

I have bred a few half Avelignese. I really didn't want to, but I want to get this one finished. I did get a 5* but she's a filly and I rehomed all my Noriker x Fell colts. But I did get a 4* colt, so he'll at least have a much better chance than Polymer Pizza.

Got a 5* Avelignese colt

Aspiring of Pepper

I'll be able to get a few more batch of foals with my 4* before he's ready, but if I don't get a winner, at least I'll have a 5* ready to go.

Of course, just before the 5* was gonna be ready I finally got one!

Exaggerated Wings

This is the last breed for the Fells, and soon I'll be done with Avelignese too

Quest Complete 4 Feb 24!

North Swedish Horse: Forest Horse x Dole Gudbrandsdal
I have two Dole Gudbrandsdals and neither of them are great. They have the right thiccness but are too short and too horse. This one is a bit closer

Dazzled Window

There is also a stud available that I could use as he's a little closer on height, but even more horse. Guess it's gonna depend on my Forest Horses. Just need to look at the mares since I only have stallions for the Dole Gudbrandsdal.

This is the only Forest Horse mare that feels like she's gonna work

Renaissance Reject

She's just slightly too tall. Everyone else is too horse, and since that's the issue the Dole Gudbrandsdals have, I'd rather just try with her. Although I do have some Forest Horses that are close, so maybe if it seems like it's just not happening, I can try with some others. Or I could try to make some half Forest Horses that are better.

I had just breed some more Forest Horses that are a good match and the first one just hit 4 years old. But before I could breed her, I got a North Swedish Horse!

Extreme Iris

Quest Complete 4 Feb 24!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Sella Italiano, New Kirgiz, Sable Island Pony

Post by Corvus »

Sella Italiano: (Anglo-Arabian x Maremana) x (Salerno x Sardinian)
This is the last breed for the Maremana and Sardinian, and there will only be one left for the Salerno after this. And I'm fairly certain this is an end breed, so I can get rid of 3 breeds all at once. So let's see what I have to work with.

I have one Maremana and she's 5*

Joy Spirit

I haven't kept a lot of Anglo-Arabian stallions, so I don't have much there. My best one is a 2* but there are some decent studs available so I'll use those.

I only have one Salerno and one Sardinian. The good part is that one is a stallion and the other is a mare. The bad side is that they're both 2*

This is my Salerno stallion

Speedy Drumbeat

And my Sardinian mare

Topaz Windchime

The good side here is that they should balance each other out pretty well and the Anglo-Arabian x Maremana should be good. Also, I really need to freeze that Salerno. Accidentally got a lot of my horses older than expected with that last breed I was working on.

I ended up with a 5* Sardinian x Salerno!

Charcoal Wizard

Currently, this is the Anglo-Arabian x Maremana I have to pair her with. He's 8% too horse, so not the best since she's only 1% within the horse range, but I think they should have a chance.

Prancing Drumbeat

Relieved this only took 5 tries!

Caramel Charm

And this is an end breed, so I can get rid of her, as well as my Sardinian and Maremana!

Quest Complete 9 Feb 24!

New Kirgiz: Vladimir Heavy Draft x (TB x Russian Don)
This is the only breed I need the Vladimir Heavy Draft for. I only have one who I had to freeze cause the last breed took forever. Yes, I'm gonna whine about that. Anyway. My Vladimir is terrible

Doomed Torpedo

He's too tall, too thicc, and too pony. At least TBs and Russian Dons will balance that out. The best Russian Dons I have are 2*. They're good on thiccness, but they're all too horse and mostly too short, although I have some that are too tall. Since I want a shorter one, I'll use one of my shorter mares. This is the best one

Harmony Master

She's 15% too horse which is nice because Torpedo is 15% too pony. I do have an okay TB so that's good.

Tranquil Tangerine

He's nicely in the middle for poniness, and 8% not thicc enough. Which again, balances out with Torpedo nicely who is 6% too thicc. So I could end up getting a horse to pair with him who very nicely balances. Or more likely, this takes forever because I have such a wide starting range. But my failures will at least be more Vladimir Heavy Drafts, so any near misses can be used to make more attempts.

My first TB x Russian Don was a 5* which is cool but unfortunately, he's a colt

Elvish Wish

I'm gonna keep him even though I don't have a Vladimir Heavy Draft to pair with him if I get filly failures.

FIRST TRY!

Starstruck Shimmer

This means I can sell my Vladimir Heavy Draft, although I need to hold on to the New Kirgiz for the Budyonny. I also need Russian Don x TBs for that so if I have some good horses for that, maybe I'll move that breed up on the to do list.

Quest Complete 9 Feb 24!

Sable Island Pony: Norman Cob x (Arabian x Spanish Barb)
Foals Bred: 8
My Norman Cobs are too tall and too thicc. My closest is this mare, who is only a little too tall and about 7% too thicc.

Gallop Phoenix

So I need to aim for a short, un-thicc Arabian x Spanish Barb. Unfortunately, my Spanish Barbs are mostly too thicc. This is the only one who isn't.

Elegant River

Unfortunately, she is on the higher side of the thiccness, but she is short, which is good. And I have some Arabian reject stallions that are decent. I'm using one who is 3% too thicc right now, but I have some that are within range on thiccness too that I can try. There are also a few decent studs I could use with some of my reject mares.

This Arabian x Spanish Barb isn't too bad. He's only 4% too horse

Star Shout

He seems like he'll be on the lower end for height, but he is on the thiccer side. I might wait to use him with and half Norman Cobs I get out of this.

Here's a 5* Arabian x Spanish Barb mare!

Triple by the Moondust

She's on the lower side for height and mid-high for thiccness so hopefully she works out well

And finished with this one!

Clicking Sparrow

This is another end breed so that's nice. If only I could get rid of the parent breeds too.

Quest Complete 9 Feb 24!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

South German Horse, Furioso, Westphalian

Post by Corvus »

South German Horse: (Holstein x Noriker) x (Norman Cob x Oldenburg)
My Holsteins are awful. Mostly too tall and they're all too horse and not thicc, some of them significantly so. Since these are some pretty big numbers, I might need to make some half Holsteins unless my Norikers are really good. Taking a look at my frozen Noriker stallions, I have this 4*

Blushing Escape

He's too tall, but that is the one area that some of my Holsteins are okay in. He's also towards the higher end of thiccness, although low-mid for poniness. My other frozen ones are okay, but not when matching them to my Holsteins.

And here's a non-frozen 5* stallion

Invincible Twister

He's on the lower side unfortunately for thiccness and poniness, but if nothing else, he could be good to breed some more foals from. He's the best that I have, although a few others are 4 or 5*. I'll aim for thiccer, ponier Norikers while I work on making some half Holsteins.

I don't have any good Norman Cobs. They're lacking thiccness and poniness as well, so this one is looking like it might be difficult. But I do have some Norman Cobs who are at least close, although they are 0*.

My Oldenburgs are also terrible. Especially in thiccness. This one is my best.

Chipped Ripple

So I'm gonna use her to make half Oldenburgs that are thiccer and try to figure out which of my Holsteins is the least terrible and make half Holsteins as well. Gonna leave the Norman Cobs and Norikers alone for the most part. The Norikers are fine and my Norman Cobs will be just as long as I have good matches for them.

Got a 5* Holstein x Noriker despite my Holstein being way too not thicc

Lunar Skipper

Invincible Twister is gone now, but I did get two more 5* Norikers from him, so hopefully I can get a 5* filly too.

Got it on my second try!

First Aurora

Quest Complete 11 Feb 24!

Furioso: TB x (Norfolk Trotter x Nonius)
Foals Bred: 6
I have two Nonius stallions and both are 5*

Timid Zone

He's a bit on the short side and on the not thicc side and goes a little more towards being horsey.

Tulip Choice

This one is the same on height, but he's on the high end for thiccness and perfectly in the middle on poniness. So which one I use will depend on my Norfolk Trotters.

This one is 3* and might work well with Tulip

Disappearing Lumber

She's too short and too horse. The horse part might be a problem since TBs are also mostly horsey. But I also have a bunch of ponier Norfolk Trotters so maybe one of them will be better.

Flagrant Cream

This one is too short and 3% too pony. So I think I'll use her. I also have one who is too thicc and 20-something % too pony so if I need more poniness and thiccness, I can use her too.

I have some TBs that are good, but they're too short. And since the Nonius x Norfolk is also likely to be short, that may not work out too well. But if I do get a taller one, I'll definitely use my TBs. Otherwise, I might need to look for studs. Which might mean I'll need thiccer, ponier Nonius x Norfolks.

This is my first Nonius x Norfolk

Victory Front

She's 2* so that seems like she's not that great. But. She's too thicc and when crossed with a TB, that shouldn't be a problem. She's also on the poniest side of what's acceptable, which also makes a good match with TBs. She's too short as well, but hopefully there's a taller stud available somewhere.

Got a Furioso!

Umber Daze

Quest Complete 10 Feb 24!

Westphalian: TB x (Arabian x Hanoverian)
Looking at Hanoverians first since there's plenty of TBs and Arabians out there so I can more likely find some good matches. My Hanoverians are too short, but I do have a 4* stallion

Tangy Trooper

I have a mare who is too short and 5% too horse. With the ranges I need, I think my Arabian rejects will be a good match here. They're still on the shorter side, but they'll have the needed poniness and thiccness.

My TBs are mostly too short and if they're not, they're pretty far off on other numbers. But depending on what I end up with on the Arabian x Hanoverians, I might be able to use them. If not, I'll have to dig through the available studs and see what I can find.

I got a 5* half TB from trying to make Furiosos and right as he hit 3, I got a Westphalian!

Expresso Wings

Quest Complete 10 Feb 24!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Esperia Pony, Kladruby, American Shetland

Post by Corvus »

Esperia Pony: (Caspian x Tarpan) x (Murgese x Salerno)
This is my last breed for Caspians, Tarpans, Salernos and possible last for the Murgese! Because I've known this one was coming, I've already been breeding my Tarpans to be closer to 5* and I do have a few that are

Doomed Swan

Dreamy Beauty

A lot of the others are 4* and mostly are too short although a few are off in thiccness. I did find a handful of decent Caspian studs out there but no good mares were up for sale, so I'll just have to see what I can get from my mares.

I have one Murgese and one Salerno who are both stallions. So I've already started breeding some half Murgeses. I have one filly so far and she's too tall, not thicc, and too horse. I did get a half Murgese colt who is a 4* so I kept him. I'll probably end up breeding my half Murgese filly to him and hopefully get something a little better to work with. Although maybe if I get short, too pony Caspian x Tarpans she'll work out.

Another quick one!

Melodic Fox

And I am done with all the breeds needed for this one!

Quest Complete 13 Feb 24!

Kladruby: (Oldenburg x Murgese) x (Andalusian x Holstein)
This is the last breed for the Oldenburg and Holstein and either last or second to last for Murgese. I have a ton of Oldenburgs and Holsteins from making South German Horses, but they are all far too pony and mostly too short, although the ones that weren't thicc enough are good for the Kladruby. I'll keep a handful of the Oldenburgs and Holsteins and sell the ones that are more towards the extremes. Hopefully I can manage to get some halfway decent ones with a few tries.

My one Murgese is too short and not thicc.

Infuriating

I'd like to get an Oldenburg around 50% thicc. My Murgese is on the horsier side of the range too, so that should work with my ponier Oldenburgs, but I should still try to get it down a bit.

Went through my Andalusians and I have some all over the place. I have a handful of 4* ones that are too tall and some that are 0* and on the lighter side which could work with my heavier Holsteins. But I also found this nice little 5* Andalusian stallion

Gallop Swirl

I could potentially make some Holstein x Andalusian fillies with him and breed back to him if the first generation isn't good. I'll do that, but I may also try to get some better Holsteins too.

HOW DID I GET THIS ON THE FIRST TRY?

Magical Buttons

Of course, now I have tons of part Holsteins and Oldenburgs and Murgeses that I'd made to make this. But I am glad I can get rid of most of them except a few Murgeses that might be good for the Esperia Pony.

Quest Complete 12 Feb 24!

American Shetland: (Shetland Pony x Welsh Pony) x Hackney Pony
Foals Bred: 68
I only have one Hackney Pony. She is at least 4* although she is fairly tall.

Aqua Blast

My Welsh Ponies are all too tall but I do have some in the right range for thiccness and poniness which is good because Shetlands are very high in those categories. There are some too short Shetlands too, so I'll use those to hopefully counter the height in my Welsh Ponies and Hackney Pony.

This one is taking a while. I've had several near misses. I'd been keeping the near miss fillies since they're half Hackney Ponies but now Aqua Blast is getting old so I may need to keep some colts and breed more Hackney Ponies to get this breed.

My Hackney Pony is gone (RIP) and I am now breeding the half and mixed Hackney Ponies to hopefully get some closer ones to work with. I think I still have some Fells left and I have Hackneys so I guess I could try to make more. But I don't really want to.

This took too long and I have way too many mixed Hackney Ponies but

At Least She's Pink

At least I can just get rid of her and all the Hackney Ponies.

Quest Complete 15 Feb 24!
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Beberbeck, Hessian Warmblood, Swedish Ardennais

Post by Corvus »

Beberbeck: (TB x Rhineland Heavy Draft) x (Arabian x Rhineland Heavy Draft)
Foals Bred: 32
My Rhineland Heavy Draft mare is old, so I'm gonna try to make more of them with her for now. I have a 50% colt who is three, so I'll use him for this. He's too thicc and too pony, which works out since TBs and Arabians are not thicc and too horse.

Here's the Rhineland Heavy Draft I'll use for now, but I may get better ones at some point

Charismatic Snowball

I do have a 5* TB stallion

Blasting Chain

Maybe I'll breed some of the mares that are too far away to be much use to him or if I ever have a Rhineland mare, I can breed her to him.

This Arabian mare looks pretty decent

Reject Pink Silver

She's not thicc enough or tall enough but is good on poniness. It's possible they'll end up being too thicc and too pony, and if after a few tries, everything is really far off, I'll pick up a more standard Arabian and try that way.

My first batch of foals had 2 TB x Rhineland and 2 Arabian x Rhineland, and I got a colt and filly of each which is convenient. None of them are perfect, but they should work together okay. My TBs crosses are off on height and the Arabian crosses are too thicc.

Here's the first of the foals aged up

Doubtless Blue

I'll be able to start breeding these guys soon!

So far no luck, but I now have a 5* TB x Rhineland mare

Copper Kingdom

And a 5* Arabian x Rhineland stallion!

Soft Portrait

You'd think those two would be the ones to be successful, but watch them make all 0* foals

After several 0* foals, the two 5* horses finally gave me a Beberbeck!

Organic Rock

Quest Complete 17 Feb 24!

Hessian Warmblood: (TB x Trakehner) x (Arabian x Westphalian)
Foals Bred: 8
This one has relatively similar needs as the Beberbeck, but thiccer and wider range into the pony side. So most of the TBs that are good for Beberbecks are good here. But I also have this one thicc mare who is 5*

Tropic Fallacy

Out of all my Trakehners, this one is the best

Marshmallow Locks

He's too short and not thicc enough, but I know Tropic has plenty of thicc to make up for him. None of my Trakehner mares are good, so I won't try with them for now, but if Tropic seems to struggle, I'll try them with my 5* TB stallion.

My Westphalian colt is 4* and 11% not thicc

Expresso Wings

I have a few Arabian mares that are in the low 40s for thiccness so I'll use one or two of them and hope they make a foal thiccer than they are, although I've noticed that seems to be the hardest number with my Arabians to move.

Here's a 5* TB x Trakehner mare!

Steel Grenade

I also have one who is too short and a not thicc Arabian x Westphalian mare. Just waiting on getting my colts aged up now.

At least one of this group was quick

Never My Talon

This was also the last of the breeds that I think I'll need my Arabian rejects for! Kinda nervous getting rid of them because there could be more breeds that need a thiccer horse, but I think it's time to say goodbye to this line.

Swedish Ardennais: Ardennais x North Swedish Horse
Foals Bred: 20
I have one North Swedish Horse and she is 0*

Extreme Iris

She's a little too tall, not thicc, and a little bit too horse. So she's not off by all that much at least. There is a 5* stud available, but I think I'll breed Iris to him and make a few extra North Swedish Horses in case this takes forever. Don't wanna be in the same boat I was with Hackney Ponies.

My Ardennaises are mostly 3* and they're too tall and not thicc. This one is the best.

Poisonous Sweetheart

I think with him and Iris being tall, height is gonna be the hardest thing here, but I will have faith they can make a shorter foal. Or maybe Iris will make a few good foals with the stud and I won't need to worry about height as much.

Since this is taking longer than I was hoping for, I'm gonna see about breeding some half Ardennaises. I couldn't find a good thicc mare that was also a little on the shorter side, so I'm gonna have to make my own and then breed her to one of my Ardennais. Thiccness and height are the harder parts but I have had a few near misses. So I know I could make one with what I have, but I don't want to spend forever on this.

I know 20 isn't really that many foals, but it felt like a lot. But at least it's done now

Mango Witch

Last edited by Corvus on Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corvus
Visit My Farm

Hungarian Warmblood, Rhinelander, Schleswiger Heavy Draft

Post by Corvus »

Hungarian Warmblood: (Furioso x Kisber Felver) x (Dutch Warmblood x Hanoverian)
Foals Bred: 67
My Furioso is 4* and he's only a half % not thicc enough so pretty good start.

Umber Daze

My Kisber Felver is 3*. She's too short and not thicc

Icy Sword

I'm more worried about height here since Umber is probably on the shorter side of the spectrum. But there's still two more breeds that are part of this, so maybe they'll be better?

My Dutch Warmblood is 5* although I think he's on the shorter side as well.

Velvet Velocity

So for height, I might need to rely on my Hanoverians. And they're all 0*. Too short, not thicc, and too horse. So I'm gonna need to make half Hanoverians. I have some that are at least close in thiccness and poniness, so I'll see who seems to be the closest and see if I can find a nice, tall stallion with a medium build.

My first Kisber Felver x Furioso has aged up! He's a 4* and only a little too thicc

Berserk by the Secrets

Still working on getting Hanoverians more in range so haven't been able to start on that cross yet, but at least I'm getting some good mixes on the other side of things.

Here's my first Dutch Warmblood x Hanoverian!

Luminescent Gulch

She's a little too tall, but I have three stallions to choose from to pair her with so hopefully one of them is on the shorter side.

I've had many, many close ones. Height seems to be the hardest part here. My mares are starting to get into their teens. Once they hit 15 or so, I think I'll have each of them make a new recipe mare just to make sure I have some coming up in case some of my mares start dying.

Got the first of my new mares and she's a 5*. Maybe that means she has a better chance. Or maybe it doesn't.

Divine Expression

One of my original mares came through!

Raspberry Hoofprints

Quest Complete 21 Feb 24!

Rhinelander: (Belgian x Hanoverian) x (TB x Rhineland Heavy Draft)
Foals Bred: 18
I have some Belgians now but they're all too tall, too thicc, and too pony. But since Hanoverians are the opposite, that'll actually work out. So I'll start crossing a bunch and see what I end up with.

I have some TB x Rhineland Heavy Drafts from making Beberbecks. They're both 4* - one too tall, one too short. So I guess that works if I get too tall or too short Belgian x Hanoverians. The mares I had weren't good so I'm selling/aging them and I'll make some more. Fortunately, my Beberbeck failures were mixed Rhineland Heavy Drafts and some were even 5* for Rhinelander like this guy

Charcoal Well

I have a filly too, but she's a bit younger. I'll age her up and see what I have TB-wise.

This TB mare is 4* and too short but not by much

Tropic Fallacy

And this stallion is 5*

Blasting Chain

So hopefully I get good mixes on this side since the Belgian x Hanoverian side could be a little messy.

I actually ended up getting some 5* Belgian x Hanoverians!

Crushing Thief

Pacific Dewdrop

My first Belgian x Hanoverian mare has aged up. She's too short, but I conveniently have a too tall stallion to pair her with

Northern Crash

There we go! Done with this one!

Seeking Velocity

Quest Complete 20 Feb 24!

Schleswiger Heavy Draft: (Shire x Jutland) x (Norfolk Trotter x TB)
Foals Bred: 7
I gotta get this one out of the way because it's getting harder to keep my thicc Norfolk Trotter line going with the COI getting high. But this should be the last breed I need em thicc for. They're already losing some of the poniness and thiccness but I have two 3* Norfolks

Guardian Emperor

Vivid Acorn

I bred them together too, so they could have a decent foal too, but with any luck I'll be in a good position by the time that foal could be aged up.

As for TBs, the heaviest ones I have still aren't good enough here, but I'll use them cause they're the best I'm gonna get. OR. I just had a thought. What if I take my part TB x Rhineland Heavy Drafts that I was planning on selling, breed them to Emperor and get some hopefully thicc and pony foals that would be part Norfolk x TB? I already have them and that way I won't have to use Tropic Fallacy here and for the Rhinelander. Or maybe I'll need her there anyway, but at least I'll have a chance of getting some good horses here without her.

I have one Jutland and he's 4* and just a little bit not thicc enough

Melancholy Memories

Since the Norfolk x TB is likely to not be thicc, I'm really hoping that my Shire mares are thicc. And they're not. This is the best. A little more than 10% off

Ivy Barbarian

But I know she can make a thiccer foal, but it might take a few more attempts. But she's what I have to work with.

This one happened pretty quick!

Bountiful Revenger

That should be the last horse I need the heavy Norfolk Trotters for and I think it's the last for the Jutland as well.

Quest Complete 20 Feb 24!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm