Community Forum

The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
stickers
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Post by stickers »

EclipticEnd wrote:...
Ha, yeah I've hit up some of the ones on the stud market that still have energy (including draining the last of the energy from one of them :lol: ) but there aren't too many, and at least one has pretty much the smallest body size that an Exmoor can have while still being 5*. And the others... yeah, are kind of pricey for me, haha.

Also, this breeding project is to work on the Exmoor breed itself, not a rare breed, so I don't want to make it seem like I'm looking for club resources for it. Just figured someone might still have Exmoors from one of their projects.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

stickers wrote:-
Fair enough. The best I can offer is usage of a Prze or Tarpan stud to make more. I'd attempt to breed some but I've hit my limit of pregnant mares; maybe if you're still looking when I clear out a project then I'll be able to do more.
stickers
Visit My Farm

Post by stickers »

Haha, yeah, I'm a little too full up myself to start breeding new ones from scratch just yet. Maybe I'll have room once some of these early generation dudes age out. In either case, I'll probably be looking for Exmoors for a good long while in an effort to keep the genetic diversity up in this project (I try to aim for really low COI whenever I can) so feel free to ping me if you happen across any in the future. And thanks for offering the help!
Barba
Visit My Farm

Re: RBRC Current Breed Goals

Post by Barba »

[/quote][quote="EclipticEnd"]Our Current Goals Are:

═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Breeders:

Latvian Harness Horse [Almost done, but let me know if you want to help with them]

Irish Sport Horse (596) = Thoroughbred x Irish Draught
Irish Draught (316) = [ Belgian x Thoroughbred ] x [ Andalusian x Connemara ]
Andalusian (2490) = [ Sorraia x Carthusian ] x [ Sorraia x West African Barb ]
↑↑↑ These are pretty common, we should be able to buy some instead of breeding them.
Connemara (622) = [ Spanish Jennet x Thoroughbred ] x [ Arabian x Welsh Cob ]
Etc.

Challenged Breeders:

Undecided.

Extra Breeders:

Irish Sport Horse Evaluation for Thoroughbreds and Irish Draughts
Irish Draught Evaluation for Belgian x Thoroughbred Crosses and Andalusian x Connemara Crosses
Andalusian Evaluation for Sorraia x Carthusian Crosses and Sorraia x West African Barb Crosses
Connemara Evaluation for Spanish Jennet x Thoroughbred Crosses and Arabian x Welsh Cob Crosses

Please check with the Breeders and Challenged Breeders for horses.

[/EclipticEnd] hi this is barba, I have two Irish sport horses and one mixed iirish sport horse that I am willing to stud out. For free. You don’t need to pay me nothing. I am doing this for the community. But if I am allowed to get something could I get a Irish sport horse filly for breeding purposes.
Barba
Visit My Farm

Post by Barba »

[/quote][quote="EclipticEnd"]Our Current Goals Are:

Breeders:

Latvian Harness Horse [Almost done, but let me know if you want to help with them]

Irish Sport Horse (596) = Thoroughbred x Irish Draught
Irish Draught (316) = [ Belgian x Thoroughbred ] x [ Andalusian x Connemara ]
Andalusian (2490) = [ Sorraia x Carthusian ] x [ Sorraia x West African Barb ]
↑↑↑ These are pretty common, we should be able to buy some instead of breeding them.
Connemara (622) = [ Spanish Jennet x Thoroughbred ] x [ Arabian x Welsh Cob ]
Etc.

Challenged Breeders:

Undecided.

Extra Breeders:

Irish Sport Horse Evaluation for Thoroughbreds and Irish Draughts
Irish Draught Evaluation for Belgian x Thoroughbred Crosses and Andalusian x Connemara Crosses
Andalusian Evaluation for Sorraia x Carthusian Crosses and Sorraia x West African Barb Crosses
Connemara Evaluation for Spanish Jennet x Thoroughbred Crosses and Arabian x Welsh Cob Crosses

Please check with the Breeders and Challenged Breeders for horses.

[/EclipticEnd] hi this is barba, I have two Irish sport horses and one mixed iirish sport horse that I am willing to stud out. For free. You don’t need to pay me nothing. I am doing this for the community. But if I am allowed to get something could I get a Irish sport horse filly for breeding purposes.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Barba wrote:hi this is barba, I have two Irish sport horses and one mixed iirish sport horse that I am willing to stud out. For free. You don’t need to pay me nothing. I am doing this for the community. But if I am allowed to get something could I get a Irish sport horse filly for breeding purposes.
We appreciate the offer, however I believe most of the members who would be working on Irish Sport Horses are taking a hiatus from this club. Since no one's currently working on them (to my knowledge), we have no horses to breed to them in order to make more.

Thanks for letting us know, though! When we get to work on this breed, we'll keep your studs in mind. : )
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Attention all RBRC members!

I'm clearing my farm of some of the older RBRC horses. This is your chance to grab any that you'd like to keep before their sold or aged out. Take a look in my Mares and Studs barns for any that you might be interested in. Let me know by the end of the week (July 15th) and I'll transfer them. They're free to club members regardless if you've just joined or were here at the club's creation. It's first come, first served. After the 15th they'll be aged out or go up for public sale.

The Latvian stallion is not included. I'm keeping him still as I'm still in the process of working on those.

I'll be working on club things once my current projects (Miniature Horses and Latvians) are complete. I'm waiting on a Latvian filly of good HGP to be born and I'm still working my way towards Minis. I'll let you guys know once I'm able to help out more!
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

Hey,

I haven't been active with the RBRC for a while (I was formerly known as Hannah771 but I changed my username). I'm looking to get back into it now. What's the main project?
Do you think that sometime in the future we can try breeding Yilis? I've been trying for months and have been unsuccessful.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Diamond Filly wrote:Hey,

I haven't been active with the RBRC for a while (I was formerly known as Hannah771 but I changed my username). I'm looking to get back into it now. What's the main project?
Do you think that sometime in the future we can try breeding Yilis? I've been trying for months and have been unsuccessful.
Hey! No worries, I think everyone's taken a break to do their own things which I 100% encourage.

The current main project is Irish Sport Horses, but I'm open to changing it if enough community members ask. We can certainly add Yilis to the list! I'll have to look more into what goes into them to get an idea of what we need, but rest assured that they'll be worked on eventually.
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Diamond Filly wrote:Hey,

Hey! No worries, I think everyone's taken a break to do their own things which I 100% encourage.

The current main project is Irish Sport Horses, but I'm open to changing it if enough community members ask. We can certainly add Yilis to the list! I'll have to look more into what goes into them to get an idea of what we need, but rest assured that they'll be worked on eventually.
Okay! Do you know if anyone has any extra ISH so I can help? If not that's fine. I'm not on much anyway.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 am