Community Forum

Horse Sales Cleanup

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Horse Sales Cleanup

Post by larissar »

Horse Sales Cleanup
Mini Update - Apr 23, 2023

Some small updates have been published today along with some data clean up
  • All horses for sale longer than 6 months have been removed from the sales (over 3000 ads)
  • All horses for sale for more than 6 months will be automatically removed to keep sales pages up to date
  • All offers on horses for sale which have expired (either been posted too long, or horse has aged out) will be automatically removed now
As always, if you notice any bugs please let us know in the bugs forum.
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse Sales Cleanup

Post by Woodstock »

Wow! Although this is only a small update in the grand scheme of things I actually think it makes a big difference overall! (It also is nice to finally no longer see that one glitch horse at the end of the ads :lol: :lol:) Can't wait to see how it works going forward!
Thanks for everything you do for this game and community!
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

Oh my :lol: the sale ads just dropped to 144. I never realized how old some of the sales on the forums were!

Thank you Admin for everything you do!
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

larissar wrote:Horse Sales Cleanup

• All horses for sale longer than 6 months have been removed from the sales (over 3000 ads)
  • All horses for sale for more than 6 months will be automatically removed to keep sales pages up to date
  • All offers on horses for sale which have expired (either been posted too long, or horse has aged out) will be automatically removed now
That's so great! A few questions though.
#1. When are you going to add twins?
#2. When are you adding geldings?
#3. Can you add thr feature where you can rehome mares and stallions even if they have kids?
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Post by Woodstock »

Horsechronicles12 wrote: That's so great! A few questions though.
#3. Can you add thr feature where you can rehome mares and stallions even if they have kids?
Although I can't give an exact answer to #1 or #2 I have been on the game long enough to know a general answer for them and that is simply: they are working on it. I don't believe that this game is either admins main job so unfortunately certain add ins cannot be implemented nearly as fast as we may wish for them to be. In addition there are many things going on in the background that are being updated to make the game run smoother before big changes such as twins or geldings are put high on the priority list.

I can answer question #3 however and that is that a feature to rehome horses with living offpsring will never be introduced simple because of the way that it works. Rehoming a horse complete deletes any and all data about it from the game. If we were to be able to rehome horses with offspring we would start to see pedigree's with holes in them all over the place.
Here's some links to forums on this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5420
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1849&p=5035&hilit=rehome#p5035
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12744&p=72318&hilit=rehoming#p72318

Hope this helps some! And if you ever have further questions about these three topics a simple forum search can provide lots more info on all 3 as well as looking in the comment and suggestion section of the forum :D

Happy playing!
Woodstock
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

Post by shadowheart2006 »

larissar wrote:Horse Sales Cleanup

Thanks so much for the much needed clean up!

I was just wondering if it's possible to do something similar for stud ads? I know it's not as big of an issue but there are a lot of studs with no energy for breeding and no way to contact the owners as they've left the game or are otherwise inactive. Perhaps something similar could be done where if the stud ad is without energy for a certain amount of time (a month, 3 months, etc) it gets taken down and gives the owner a notification to renew the energy and put it back up?
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

Woodstock wrote:
Horsechronicles12 wrote: That's so great! A few questions though.
Although I can't give an exact answer to #1 or #2 I have been on the game long enough to know a general answer for them and that is simply: they are working on it. I don't believe that this game is either admins main job so unfortunately certain add ins cannot be implemented nearly as fast as we may wish for them to be. In addition there are many things going on in the background that are being updated to make the game run smoother before big changes such as twins or geldings are put high on the priority list.

Happy playing!
Woodstock
Hi!! To add on, I believe I saw BlackOak2 say something about Twins and geldings with a veterinary update. There is no specific date for when that will be out. ^-^
If we ever do get said update, I am sure they will notify the community! They have been long awaited things, it just takes time to code all of it. They are currently working on more of stuff that would be behind scenes (as woodlark mentioned) before moving to larger things. Hope that answers a question or two!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28791&p=238486&hili ... te#p238486
HorzeLover101
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by HorzeLover101 »

Awesome!!!!

I went to look for some horses to do some market clearing and saw the horse numbers for sale/offers went to the 1000's xD its been up well over 4000. This is a good clean up for the market. Glad the offer horses were taken down and as well as the horses over 6 months old.... there were a lot of ridiculous priced horses on market sitting such as 10mil or 100mil. <3

Thank you for all your hard work!!
ℬᏟᏕℛ - Black Creek Stables Rescue
Famous Racing Belgian Breeder
Owner Of FIR Club
Legendary Trainer & Comp'er For Players
***14 Days For Pick Up - After That They Will Be Auctioned Off***

Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

This is lovely! Thank you so much!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:)

I really need to find just that perfect cat-lapping-up-milk satisfaction gif. I haven't found one yet.

But yeah, it's just like that. 8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 am