Community Forum

Ping

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Ping

Post by EclipticEnd »

ThatShowKiddd wrote:I wish I was as good at colors as you are lol. Also, What color is this Stud and do you know what horses I can breed to make it.
Best guess is a Palomino. Perhaps a Mealy one, maybe with Sooty as well? Could even be a Dunliano as the base yellow seems pale even with the pale Varnish. The black effect you're seeing is a result of advanced Varnishing from old age which comes from the LP genetics. Varnish comes in various shapes and shades, this one's just rather intense in specific areas due to the age of the horse. The older the horse, the darker the Varnish can be. Note that sometimes Varnish really doesn't darken, though.

A guaranteed Palomino would be a Chestnut x Cremello pairing. Do two horses with extensive LP patterning to have a good chance at extensive spotting, then allow it to age to see what the Varnish does.
ThatShowKiddd
Visit My Farm

Post by ThatShowKiddd »

EclipticEnd wrote:
ThatShowKiddd wrote:I wish I was as good at colors as you are lol. Also, What color is this Stud and do you know what horses I can breed to make it.
Best guess is a Palomino. Perhaps a Mealy one, maybe with Sooty as well? Could even be a Dunliano as the base yellow seems pale even with the pale Varnish. The black effect you're seeing is a result of advanced Varnishing from old age which comes from the LP genetics. Varnish comes in various shapes and shades, this one's just rather intense in specific areas due to the age of the horse. The older the horse, the darker the Varnish can be. Note that sometimes Varnish really doesn't darken, though.

A guaranteed Palomino would be a Chestnut x Cremello pairing. Do two horses with extensive LP patterning to have a good chance at extensive spotting, then allow it to age to see what the Varnish does.
Thank you so much! I saw him in a mare's pedigree and though he was so pretty. Do you recommend any 2 horses for me to breed?
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

ThatShowKiddd wrote:Thank you so much! I saw him in a mare's pedigree and though he was so pretty. Do you recommend any 2 horses for me to breed?
I'll get back to you on that in just a moment.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

ThatShowKiddd wrote:Thank you so much! I saw him in a mare's pedigree and though he was so pretty. Do you recommend any 2 horses for me to breed?
Sorry about the pause, was having an issue in my Sponsorship.

Looking at your horses, here are my suggestions:

Mares:
  • _-TSK-_ Delightful Aura (Silver Mealy Buckskin Mohawk) || I think she might be Ee so there's a chance for her to have a non-Black foal. Silver doesn't matter as it won't show on a Palomino, same with Agouti. Has a cream which she could pass down for a Palomino. Super mealy which could share the same very pale yellow of the stud. Would need paired with a stud with LP to get the Varnish.
  • _-TSK-_ Twirling Mysteries (Mealy Sooty Palomino Tobiano) || Already a Palomino so she's guaranteed not to pass down any Black genetics. Has a Cream that she could pass down as well. There's Tobiano but often Tobiano doesn't pass as well to a foal whose other parent is either low-Tobiano or no Tobiano. Mealy to give the paler color and Sooty to possibly help the Varnish along. Would need a stud with LP.
  • https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3836070 I got the color wrong here, I think she's a Chestnut, not a Bay. The Varnish hit her legs hard and I can't see her ear tips hence the confusion. That'd be a Red Roan, not Bay Roan. || Very LP which is what you need. No Black which is what you need. Does have Roan, though, which might not be ideal. Also is hiding a Pearl gene; Palomino Pearls are just as gorgeous, though, and it's only a 50% chance of the foal having it. Already presenting some nice Varnish, though it's not along the back and head.
  • _-TSK-_ Costal Blanket Cremello Tobiano! || All you need is an LP Chestnut (ee) or Het Extension (Ee) for a Palomino.
  • _-TSK-_ Costal Flame Mealy Sooty Palomino Tobiano || Match with an LP Chestnut or Palomino.
  • _-TSK-_ Wildful Aura Mealy Red Roan Tobiano Mohawk || Needs a Cream and some LP is all. Some nice Mealy here I think, has Roan but that also serves to lighten a coat color.
Studs:
  • You don't have any super LP studs so I've gone to the public stud ads for this. None of these were listed as private when I found them.
  • Redsky Raindance Flaxen Chestnut Extended Snowcap / Fewspot || Here's a non-Black LP, not a bad horse. 55 Speed. Flaxen which won't overly impact a Palomino. Non-Cream, need a Cream. Not Mealy, either.
  • Marmalade Palomino Leopard || Very LP horse. Palomino means non-Black and has a Cream. 54 Speed. Still young so not showing the dark Varnish yet.
  • + [ CA ] + Marigolds Battle Palomino Pearl Leopard || Palomino Pearl; will either give the foal Pearl or Cream. Match this with your Cremello for guaranteed light coat. Mealy as well I believe. Also too young to show dark varnish. 58 speed.
  • Breathtaking Sprint Palomino Extended Blanket Mohawk || Another Palomino LP, this one with a bit less white on it. Has Tiger Eyes and a Mohawk though. 53 speed.
Matching two Palominos has I want to say a 50% chance of Palomino, 25% chance of Chestnut, and 25% chance of Cremello.
Cremello and Palomino is 50/50 for Palomino and Cremello.
Chestnut and Palomino is 50/50 for Palomino and Chestnut.
ThatShowKiddd
Visit My Farm

Post by ThatShowKiddd »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Sorry about the pause, was having an issue in my Sponsorship.

Looking at your horses, here are my suggestions:

Mares:
  • _-TSK-_ Delightful Aura (Silver Mealy Buckskin Mohawk) || I think she might be Ee so there's a chance for her to have a non-Black foal. Silver doesn't matter as it won't show on a Palomino, same with Agouti. Has a cream which she could pass down for a Palomino. Super mealy which could share the same very pale yellow of the stud. Would need paired with a stud with LP to get the Varnish.
  • _-TSK-_ Twirling Mysteries (Mealy Sooty Palomino Tobiano) || Already a Palomino so she's guaranteed not to pass down any Black genetics. Has a Cream that she could pass down as well. There's Tobiano but often Tobiano doesn't pass as well to a foal whose other parent is either low-Tobiano or no Tobiano. Mealy to give the paler color and Sooty to possibly help the Varnish along. Would need a stud with LP.
  • https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3836070 I got the color wrong here, I think she's a Chestnut, not a Bay. The Varnish hit her legs hard and I can't see her ear tips hence the confusion. That'd be a Red Roan, not Bay Roan. || Very LP which is what you need. No Black which is what you need. Does have Roan, though, which might not be ideal. Also is hiding a Pearl gene; Palomino Pearls are just as gorgeous, though, and it's only a 50% chance of the foal having it. Already presenting some nice Varnish, though it's not along the back and head.
  • _-TSK-_ Costal Blanket Cremello Tobiano! || All you need is an LP Chestnut (ee) or Het Extension (Ee) for a Palomino.
  • _-TSK-_ Costal Flame Mealy Sooty Palomino Tobiano || Match with an LP Chestnut or Palomino.
  • _-TSK-_ Wildful Aura Mealy Red Roan Tobiano Mohawk || Needs a Cream and some LP is all. Some nice Mealy here I think, has Roan but that also serves to lighten a coat color.
Studs:
  • You don't have any super LP studs so I've gone to the public stud ads for this. None of these were listed as private when I found them.
  • Redsky Raindance Flaxen Chestnut Extended Snowcap / Fewspot || Here's a non-Black LP, not a bad horse. 55 Speed. Flaxen which won't overly impact a Palomino. Non-Cream, need a Cream. Not Mealy, either.
  • Marmalade Palomino Leopard || Very LP horse. Palomino means non-Black and has a Cream. 54 Speed. Still young so not showing the dark Varnish yet.
  • + [ CA ] + Marigolds Battle Palomino Pearl Leopard || Palomino Pearl; will either give the foal Pearl or Cream. Match this with your Cremello for guaranteed light coat. Mealy as well I believe. Also too young to show dark varnish. 58 speed.
  • Breathtaking Sprint Palomino Extended Blanket Mohawk || Another Palomino LP, this one with a bit less white on it. Has Tiger Eyes and a Mohawk though. 53 speed.
Matching two Palominos has I want to say a 50% chance of Palomino, 25% chance of Chestnut, and 25% chance of Cremello.
Cremello and Palomino is 50/50 for Palomino and Cremello.
Chestnut and Palomino is 50/50 for Palomino and Chestnut.
I did _-TSK-_ Free Flame and Marmalade. Idk if it's gonna work but I wanted to get her bred before she dies.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

ThatShowKiddd wrote:I did _-TSK-_ Free Flame and Marmalade. Idk if it's gonna work but I wanted to get her bred before she dies.
It has a chance and if nothing else you'll have a foal that you can use to work towards your color goal. : )
ThatShowKiddd
Visit My Farm

Post by ThatShowKiddd »

EclipticEnd wrote:
ThatShowKiddd wrote:I did _-TSK-_ Free Flame and Marmalade. Idk if it's gonna work but I wanted to get her bred before she dies.
It has a chance and if nothing else you'll have a foal that you can use to work towards your color goal. : )
Thank you so much for helping me with that color! Your such a big help :) Tomorrow I'll post the next 2 barns
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

ThatShowKiddd wrote:Thank you so much for helping me with that color! Your such a big help :) Tomorrow I'll post the next 2 barns
No problem, it gives me something to do. : )

I've gotten the last barns done I believe.
ThatShowKiddd
Visit My Farm

Post by ThatShowKiddd »

EclipticEnd wrote:
ThatShowKiddd wrote:Thank you so much for helping me with that color! Your such a big help :) Tomorrow I'll post the next 2 barns
No problem, it gives me something to do. : )

I've gotten the last barns done I believe.
I got a promising looking foal. Tell me what you think
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

ThatShowKiddd wrote:I got a promising looking foal. Tell me what you think
I believe you have a Cremello Leopard. Probably ee/aa/CrCr/LP, might be a Tiger eye and Flaxen carrier. The sire's dropped a Flaxen foal which means he has at least one gene. You'll probably get an idea of any Sooty at breeding age. I'm not super sure when Varnish starts to darken, maybe around 10-16 years of age?

If you'd like I can grab a Market mare and breed her to the original stud as well. He might pass down a bit of the Varnish pattern.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 pm

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 pm