Community Forum

Same/similar colors

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
prplebird20
Visit My Farm

Same/similar colors

Post by prplebird20 »

I have a ton of horses (generally in the same bloodline) that have very similar colors. I would love if someone could identify them!
Matcha

Unnamed Horse #3906380

Snow

Fade

×HC× Joy

Mist

Daydream

Unnamed Horse #3890569

(also what is the weird dark bit in his mane?
Unnamed Horse #3895199

(I'm starting to think I should have linked all the horses instead of doing this but I gotta finish what I've started)
Bilzzard

Leaf
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Same/similar colors

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Looks like a lot of varnishing cream dilutes. Snow looks perlino, I can get to the others later
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

prplebird20 wrote:I have a ton of horses (generally in the same bloodline) that have very similar colors. I would love if someone could identify them!
Someone might double check these but here's my best guess:

Matcha = Sooty Gold Cream Leopard. Note that while there's Pearl in the mother's ancestry, this horse isn't a Pearl carrier. The father isn't a Cream nor Pearl carrier and this one's got an obvious dilute, so it must be Cream from the mother. Sooty along the back also darkens the mane and tail.

Unnamed Horse #3906380 = Another Gold Cream Leopard. Might end up Mealy or Sooty.

Snow = Metallic Sooty Perlino Blanket / Extended Blanket / Leopard (whatever you prefer really). I'm pretty sure there's Metallic going on there from the Sire's side of the family.

Fade = Sooty Mealy Gold Champagne Leopard. Nice Pangare expression there.

×HC× Joy = Mealy Palomino Leopard. Could be dark from Varnish, Sooty, or both.

Mist = Gold Champagne Leopard Tobiano.

Daydream = Varnish Gold Cream Fewspot. Gold Champagne (dad) x Gold Cream (mom).

Unnamed Horse #3890569 = Looks like a Classic Cream Blanket / Extended Blanket / Leopard. Could also be Roan, I'm not personally certain.
(also what is the weird dark bit in his mane? = That's a good question. I believe it's a graphical issue. The rest of the mane has paled due to Varnish and it's somehow just missed that spot.)

Unnamed Horse #3895199 = Another Varnish Classic Cream Fewspot it looks like.

Bilzzard = I want to say this is another Gold Cream Leopard.

Leaf = Varnish Classic Cream Snowcap. Younger pictures look similar to what I'd expect from a CC. Dad's a Gold Champagne Leopard Tobiano (Sooty or maybe Varnish is causing the dark mane at the current age; look at it at foal age) and I believe the mother's a Silver Classic Cream Blanket.
prplebird20
Visit My Farm

Post by prplebird20 »

Ok, tysm
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
prplebird20 wrote:I have a ton of horses (generally in the same bloodline) that have very similar colors. I would love if someone could identify them!
Someone might double check these but here's my best guess:

Matcha = Sooty Gold Cream Leopard. Note that while there's Pearl in the mother's ancestry, this horse isn't a Pearl carrier. The father isn't a Cream nor Pearl carrier and this one's got an obvious dilute, so it must be Cream from the mother. Sooty along the back also darkens the mane and tail.

Unnamed Horse #3906380 = Another Gold Cream Leopard. Might end up Mealy or Sooty.

Snow = Metallic Sooty Perlino Blanket / Extended Blanket / Leopard (whatever you prefer really). I'm pretty sure there's Metallic going on there from the Sire's side of the family.

Fade = Sooty Mealy Gold Champagne Leopard. Nice Pangare expression there.

×HC× Joy = Mealy Palomino Leopard. Could be dark from Varnish, Sooty, or both.Sooty is my bet. It's not there in the earlier image and varnish is only supposed to color the non-spot areas.

Mist = Gold Champagne Leopard Tobiano.

Daydream = Varnish Gold Cream Fewspot. Gold Champagne (dad) x Gold Cream (mom).

Unnamed Horse #3890569 = Looks like a Classic Cream Blanket / Extended Blanket / Leopard. Could also be Roan, I'm not personally certain.
(also what is the weird dark bit in his mane? = That's a good question. I believe it's a graphical issue. The rest of the mane has paled due to Varnish and it's somehow just missed that spot.)Roan, yes. And that spot appears it might be dun. You may have a cryptic form of dun running through this herd. Without newborn and yearling photos, it does get a little difficult to pin down some of these colors. :D

Unnamed Horse #3895199 = Another Varnish Classic Cream Fewspot it looks like.

Bilzzard = I want to say this is another Gold Cream Leopard.

Leaf = Varnish Classic Cream Snowcap. Younger pictures look similar to what I'd expect from a CC. Dad's a Gold Champagne Leopard Tobiano (Sooty or maybe Varnish is causing the dark mane at the current age; look at it at foal age) and I believe the mother's a Silver Classic Cream Blanket.

:)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am