Community Forum

Design BlackOak2's New Banner & Avatar - Placed On Hold

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Design BlackOak2's New Banner & Avatar - Placed On Hold

Post by BlackOak2 »

Currently for lack of interest, I have placed this on hold until a later date. Should there be suddenly more interest in it, I can always reopen it. Expect at least a month between opening and public voting on entries.

I'm looking for a new Farm Banner.

I have this one currently:

I don't recall who made such a nice one for me. But I think it's time for a new one.
Of course, I'm willing to pay for it. Debating also on finally giving myself an in-forum avatar... So. Yeah. It could be a double order. :D

Since I don't have an image hosting account and don't do any image manip's or otherwise, I seek the aid from the HWO community for ideas, thoughts... really, pull everything anybody thinks of what is BlackOak2 and we'll have a vote and a contest.

Multiple people can pull a powwow and somebody can design an entry.
It can be singular people with an entry.
As many entries as you want.
But please, only one entry per reply (so that'll be a Farm Banner alone OR a Farm Banner and the Forum Avatar OR just the Forum Avatar).

Then, as a community, we'll all vote on which one I'll adopt. Perhaps I should do this yearly? I'll have to think about it, and of course, I'm open to suggestions.

So now, some of the other things.
I'll pay for every entry at a rate of 20,000 per Farm Banner and 10,000 per Forum Avatar. You will need to link a horse and I'll send the payment right over.

Farm Banners and Forum Avatars will be voted separately. But I do expect, if they're posted in the same reply, that they have similar design or concept.

PLEASE ensure that the forum avatar is a workable forum avatar. We've had some issues in the past and it would be seriously disappointing if the voted-upon forum avatar isn't usable. :cry:

I'm not sure how long I want to run this, so, for now, let's say it's open entry with no closing or voting date.

Top three votes for each will receive a prize (yet to be determined, I'm also open for suggestions here as well, just can't do PT, sorry). And that's top three in both Farm Banner and Forum Avatar. If your entry pulls top placement in both Farm Banner and Forum Avatar, you can expect an extra, extra gift, on top of the prizes.

See second post for list of entries.
Last edited by BlackOak2 on Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Design BlackOak2's New Banner & Avatar - Ongoing

Post by BlackOak2 »

Reserved for Entries List.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Ooh, definitely interested!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:Ooh, definitely interested!
Wonderful!
If you have any suggestions or are interested in certain types of prizes, please let me know, there is quite a wide range of things I can likely accomadate. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I'm thinking about offering a prime foal from my competition stock as rewards for the avatar and the farm banner voted winners (so one for each).

I can do newborn, fully trained or fully trained and tested. I can even make it winner's choice, although I think that fully trained and tested might be the best option. Well, that and currency pot.

I'm thinking that by the end of this year, I want to have this contest done. I'd like it done by October. :D
I like halloween. :lol: :twisted: It's my favorite holiday. Be nice to have this run once a year, with August to October being the contest run time.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I am still doing this! And I am planning on making this a yearly contest. Every entry will be paid and then there are winnings to be earned at the end of voting as well.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:36 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:36 am