Community Forum

Cremello?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Cremello?

Post by Diamond Filly »

Is this a cremello or perlino? Or some sort of champagne? I don't think it's smoky cream.

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Cremello?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Diamond Filly wrote:Is this a cremello or perlino? Or some sort of champagne? I don't think it's smoky cream.

Looks like a triple dilute as a foal... But can't be, there's no champagne from the parents to pass down. But is a double cream. One parent is buckskin, the other is palomino... also, the buckskin has silver.

Possibility for bay-base, black-base or chestnut base... I'm thinking, right now, anyway, that this foal is going to be a Silver Dappled Smoky Cream... but, still a bit early. Keep watching for dapples to pop up. If they do, then you definitely have a silver and black combination.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Diamond Filly wrote:Is this a cremello or perlino? Or some sort of champagne? I don't think it's smoky cream.

Looks like a triple dilute as a foal... But can't be, there's no champagne from the parents to pass down. But is a double cream. One parent is buckskin, the other is palomino... also, the buckskin has silver.

Possibility for bay-base, black-base or chestnut base... I'm thinking, right now, anyway, that this foal is going to be a Silver Dappled Smoky Cream... but, still a bit early. Keep watching for dapples to pop up. If they do, then you definitely have a silver and black combination.
Okay! Thank you!
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:

Not the right base/mane combo for a silver dapple. This one is definitely cremello. A Silver Smoky Cream would look more like this. (The example is a silver black with cream/pearl but is much closer to what a silver black with double cream would look like.)

Here are some other foals that are verified cremello:
Plain Cremello
Cremello Roan
Cremello Dun (this one is slightly greenish because of the dun)
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Not the right base/mane combo for a silver dapple. This one is definitely cremello. A Silver Smoky Cream would look more like this. (The example is a silver black with cream/pearl but is much closer to what a silver black with double cream would look like.)

Here are some other foals that are verified cremello:
Plain Cremello
Cremello Roan
Cremello Dun (this one is slightly greenish because of the dun)
Okay, thank you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 pm