Community Forum

[× Mossy Oak Acres ×]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Halloween at Mossy Oak Acres

Post by Setting Sun »

I've been keeping a minor updates page on my farm. Since Halloween has sadly come and go, I'll share the updates I had for October.

UPDATE! The farm is done up in fancy fall décor to celebrate the coming spooky day! Everyone's excited... mainly because they enjoy mushing pumpkins under their hooves..

Halloween is here... The horses are fancied up in spooky costumes and are grabbing their trick-or-treating bags in preparation for the best night of Halloween ever! Even the trees are ‘dying for the occasion’! Oh, eek, I better go stop a filly from eating her brother's costume - bye!

Halloween has passed... The horses are shaking off their costumes while the foals trade their (horse-friendly) candy. The pumpkins are rotting and boy, am I tired! Can you imagine taking over thirty horses to go trick-or-treating, as well as washing twenty-five costumes? It's exhausting.

Maybe I'll do Christmas and New Year's!
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

[× Mossy Oak Acres ×]

Post by Setting Sun »

I definitely have the colors down. I've got palominos, buckskins, dappled champagnes, chestnut bays, blacks, grays, and more!

The blacks, however, do not carry any genes of feathers since they originated from a public stud and one of the OG non-feathered mares.

I popped three useful foals yesterday, and since they were born on what I believe to be the spookiest day of the year, I named them after such. Meet Reaper's Call, Poltergeist, and Spider! Aren't these gals cute? I believe they sure are. :lol:
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Re: [× Mossy Oak Acres ×]

Post by brettdiesel »

O_OBye? wrote:I definitely have the colors down. I've got palominos, buckskins, dappled champagnes, chestnut bays, blacks, grays, and more!

The blacks, however, do not carry any genes of feathers since they originated from a public stud and one of the OG non-feathered mares.

I popped three useful foals yesterday, and since they were born on what I believe to be the spookiest day of the year, I named them after such. Meet Reaper's Call, Poltergeist, and Spider! Aren't these gals cute? I believe they sure are. :lol:
Soo cute
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Post by Setting Sun »

HorseBrett wrote:
O_OBye? wrote:I definitely have the colors down. I've got palominos, buckskins, dappled champagnes, chestnut bays, blacks, grays, and more!

Soo cute
Yup! :)
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

O_OBye? wrote:
HorseBrett wrote: Soo cute
Yup! :)
its cool that beacuse they were born on halloween you named them after things on halloween i love it :D
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Post by Setting Sun »

HorseBrett wrote:
O_OBye? wrote: Yup! :)
its cool that beacuse they were born on halloween you named them after things on halloween i love it :D
Thank you! I was waiting for any useful foals because I had the best names selected!

Here's some of my favorites:

Reaper's Call
Ghoul
Poltergeist
Spider
Fang
Hallow
Spirit
Spookiest Day

:D
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

O_OBye? wrote:
HorseBrett wrote: its cool that beacuse they were born on halloween you named them after things on halloween i love it :D
Thank you! I was waiting for any useful foals because I had the best names selected!

Here's some of my favorites:

Reaper's Call
Ghoul
Poltergeist
Spider
Fang
Hallow
Spirit
Spookiest Day

:D
lol funny :D :D
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

[× Mossy Oak Acres ×]

Post by Setting Sun »

Oh, dear. My mare Sand Dune had a foal to Whirlpool (My beautiful mohawk + feathered dappled dude). Although he was rehomed, I couldn't resist showing you bunch a photo of him. He's a little off... where's his hair?
(Link didn't work for some reason :/ )

Edit: Also thanks to the trusty addition of leveling up, I now have over 850 PT. That's a whole... 350+ extra if I decide on getting premium!
Last edited by Setting Sun on Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

O_OBye? wrote:Oh, dear. My mare Sand Dune had a foal to Whirlpool (My beautiful mohawk + feathered dappled dude). Although he was rehomed, I couldn't resist showing you bunch a photo of him. He's a little off... where's his hair?
https://img.horseworldonline.net/galler ... 4b048a.png

Edit: Also thanks to the trusty addition of leveling up, I now have over 850 PT. That's a whole... 350+ extra if I decide on getting premium!
the link dont work and GET A PREMIUM ive been saving up PT and i got a halter instead of saving and only have 8 PT left lol
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Post by Setting Sun »

HorseBrett wrote:
O_OBye? wrote:Oh, dear. My mare Sand Dune had a foal to Whirlpool (My beautiful mohawk + feathered dappled dude). Although he was rehomed, I couldn't resist showing you bunch a photo of him. He's a little off... where's his hair?
https://img.horseworldonline.net/galler ... 4b048a.png

the link dont work and GET A PREMIUM ive been saving up PT and i got a halter instead of saving and only have 8 PT left lol
Oh dear, I'm well on my way to 900 :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm