Community Forum

[× Mossy Oak Acres ×]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Re: [× Mossy Oak Acres ×]

Post by Setting Sun »

HorseBrett wrote:
O_OBye? wrote: Glad to be of service. :)
question i need money for a stud fee do you need any horses at all??? i have some in my sales pasture
If you have any foals up for sale for 5,000 I can purchase them. :D
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
- Oscar Wilde
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

O_OBye? wrote:
HorseBrett wrote: question i need money for a stud fee do you need any horses at all??? i have some in my sales pasture
I have no foals sorry :( :( :( :( wait maybee....... https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3949493 would work or https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2449785 wait to old.....
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

O_OBye? wrote:
HorseBrett wrote: question i need money for a stud fee do you need any horses at all??? i have some in my sales pasture
thnx O_OBye :) :)
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Premium

Post by Setting Sun »

Whoop, whoop! I'm now a premium user. I had some trouble figuring out how it worked, but I eventually managed to set my avatar and signature. The avatar part took around 30 minutes since it won't accept most links. Had to find something on Pinterest.

I got Cascade ( https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4000086 ) trained. Isn't she beautiful? Absolutely lovely.

Turns out my horses have a higher-than-average speed score. Ranging between the lower 50s and 60s.

If anyone needs conformation help, let me know. :)
- Oscar Wilde
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Name Change

Post by Setting Sun »

Yup, it's still me. O_OBye? was getting kind of old and definitely seemed like it was too immature. Now I am Setting Sun. Pretty cool, eh? :D
- Oscar Wilde
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

orijlisjt hs.lkIUhs3e ;liawkm

Post by Setting Sun »

Don't mind the title, my keyboard glitched and the backspace bar broke. Oh, welll.

Decided to let my foals get 100% yellow corn from birth. It'll let them keep a steady weight and temperament until they move on to the pastures.

I've also come to a breaking point. None of my ladies will go over 12.1hh and none of my dudes over 13hh.

Has anyone else gotten over this barrier or achieved something like it? I'm stumped.
- Oscar Wilde
Mossy Oak Holding
Visit My Farm

Another Name Change

Post by Mossy Oak Holding »

Gone are the days of O_OBye? And O_OHi?

What's that I see? There's something new on the horizon!

Welcome Setting Sun and Mossy Oak Holding. We're what you would call the... ehem, cool kids. B-)
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Post by Setting Sun »

Please view the post above if you haven't already - I don't want any confusion circulating about my usernames! :lol:

Anywho...
I think it's time to move into the next stage. Mohawks have no trouble being dominant, feathering is starting to reveal itself more and more, and I'm pretty sure I've reached the max for height.

Okay, so I now have a new list of requirements for newly born foals. NO EXCEPTIONS. I'm looking at you, myself. Not even if the babies are cute as heck.

- Fillies at 12hh colts at 13hh
- interesting-enough color variations
- mohawk parents
- some sort of feather gene in ancestors
- HGP over 60k

I'm hoping to have a healthy range of HGP in the higher 65k areas. After that I'll plan on testing more foals as grinders and then I'll move to eval.
- Oscar Wilde
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Post by Setting Sun »

Another update!

I started briefly using a blue roan stallion up for public studding. Before then I was sorta aiming for at least a few blue roan dudes just to add more color variants. Now I have three blue roan beasts. War, Tsunami and Commander. Two dudes and one gal.

I haven’t been on much lately to take any turns as I’ve been getting more frequent headaches. I’m not sure why they’re suddenly popping out of the blue, but I’m going to get it checked on Tuesday. Until then, I’ll be on HWO for about an hour daily at max.
- Oscar Wilde
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

[× Mossy Oak Acres ×]

Post by Setting Sun »

Feathers are slowly edging their way into my lines once more! Now every one of my stock has at least feather genes at this point.

The headaches turned out to be some sort of cold-related thing, so I'm hoping they'll go away once my sore throat does. Then I can be back on HWO like I used to.

I haven't really been keeping track of ages at my farm. And because of that, I found I have a 38-year-old mare named Maple Syrup still alive and thriving. Whoops! Poor old gal. I might decide to move her in with the foals until she passes so she'll be as happy and well-fed as she can be.

I also have 490 PT saved up, and I have until Dec. 3rd to get over 500, so I'm for sure set!
- Oscar Wilde
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 pm