Community Forum

[× Mossy Oak Acres ×]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

[× Mossy Oak Acres ×]

Post by Setting Sun »

Welcome to
Mossy Oak Acres

Home of the famed M.O.A Mohawk Horses.

About Us
We're but a small farm located in the rural areas of northern California*. We breed magnificent mohawk + feathered Setting Sun Thoroughbreds and MOA Mustangs. Our goal is to supply Horse World Online with more gorgeous mohawk horse breeds, as well as mohawks with high enough stats to make it in the leaderboard.

*: Not really for real, this is fictional.
NTS

One Mohawk Parent & no mohawk genes parent = all foals are carriers
Two Mohawk Parents = all foals are mohawks
One Mohawk Parent & One Carrier Parent = 75% of Mohawk foals & all others are carriers
Two Carrier Parents = 25% for Mohawk foals, 50% for carriers, 25% for no mohawk genes

Feather is an incomplete recessive gene.
But if the horse has the feather gene, you will always see SOMETHING.
There are three basic sets of feathers. Minimal, partial and full expression. Plus, feathers are also controlled by a separate gene of 'growth'. Which means that even a horse bred for full expression feathering, may not get them until very late in their age (15 years or longer), because their 'growth' gene says that they won't show early.
So if we keep with what I offered in that topic I linked.
Type 1 is feather gene, but no expression.
Type 2 is expressed, but kind of like an afterthought
Type 3 is halfway to the knees
And finally Type 4 is full feathering

31 in--13.0
23 in--9.2
9.1--15.1
33 in--13.3
9.1--15.1
34 in--14.1
25 in--10.1
24 in--10.0
9.1--15.2
30 in--12.3
9.0--14.3
9.1--15.2
23 in--9.2
10hh---16.2
10.1hh---16.3-17
10.2hh---17.1-17.2
10.3hh---17.3-18
28 in---11.3
18 in---30 in
20 in---34 in
11.3---19
Horses stop growing up on their fifth birthday. There is correlation between birth-height and adult height and also, the larger the adult horse will be, the wider range of adult heights that come out of a birth height. For instance, a 34 incher will grow into a 14.1 to 14.2 adult height (pulling info from my thoughts, don't depend on them to be accurate). But a 10.1 incher will grow into an adult height from 18.0 to 19.1 hands.
Birth Height Fifth Birthday
18 inch 30 inch
20 inch 34 inch
23 inch 9.2 hand
24 inch 10.0 hand
25 inch 10.1 hand
28 inch 11.3 hand
30 inch 12.3 hand
31 inch 13.0 hand
33 inch 13.3 hand
34 inch 14.1 hand
9.0 hand 14.3 hand
9.1 hand 15.1 to 15.2 hand
10 hand 16.2 hand
10.1 hand 16.3 to 17.0 hand
10.2 hand 17.1 to 17.2 hand
10.3 hand 17.3 to 18? hand
11.3 hand 19? hand
Last edited by Setting Sun on Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:48 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

[× Mossy Oak Acres ×] Info Dump + Updates

Post by Setting Sun »

Okay, I'll try not to put too much effort into this because I'm tired and it's past my bedtime. I've got some iced coffee but I'm basically immune to caffeine. Aka this post will be packed full of typos and a have very tired tone.

I started out just wanting pretty TBs because they've fallen out of demand with the players (new and old) that are switching to more unpopular breeds. But because I'm... well, myself, I had to set goals and reach towards them. But also since I am indeed myself, I keep setting goals before I can even know what is required to reach those goals and henceforth my farm is a mess. I want high HGP mohawk feathered high eval TBs that are about 17 generations in. I would actually appreciate it if someone were to check in and remind me of my goals and which to reach first (high HGP mohawk feathered) since my cat obviously cannot do that.

Moving on-
the height is going well. I've figured out that anything 13hh+ equals to 22hh+ and so on. I'm deleting any foals under 11hh now as I have an overflow of 18 and 19hh horses. Eval is decent, although it is officially the least of my concerns. High HGP is going no where. The only things I'm really getting good at is breed tall TBs with mohawks. I'm trying to tackle the feather gene at the same time but that's another mess.

To conclude: I'm tired, lazy, and setting too many goals for myself.

Goodnight/morning/afternoon.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠰⠤⢬⣑⣦⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣴⢾⣏⠁⠀⠈⠉⠓⢤⡀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠔⢋⣡⠚⣶⡄⢀⣤⡤⠀⠀⠹⡄
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡖⠉⠈⠀⠿⠇⠘⠿⠋⠀⠀⠀⢷
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠜⠁⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⠀⣼
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠔⠁⠀⠀⠀⢷⡀⠐⠋⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀⣰⠇
⠀⢀⠔⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠦⣄⣀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡠⠞⠁⠀
⣶⣁⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⣹⡏⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⢿⡿⡂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡇⢳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣧⢸⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Hooray! - Info dump

Post by Setting Sun »

Oh, happy day! Larissar has moved to work on HWO full time! Although it’s a lot of work to come, we’re all generously blessed by this information.

I’m getting more 13hh colts and 12hh fillies, so that’s a plus. I also just realized that the highest eval I’ll be able to achieve is 4*, as my TBs are wayyyy over the suggested height limit.

To continue from last night..
I slept maybe... 7? hours before I went to work. When I came home I fixed myself more coffee and then took big nap afterwards. In conclusion, coffee definitely doesn’t affect me and HWO is quickly becoming addictive. Let’s add that to my list of issues, shall we?

Can’t sleep
Has a cat
Works
+ immune to coffee
+ addicted to pixels

Joking ;)
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Meet the Horses! + Info Dump #3

Post by Setting Sun »

Okay, this post might drag on a bit, but I’ll try to keep it from being an eyesore.

I want to introduce my current horses and their purpose on Mossy Oak Acres. Why? I have absolutely no idea. This is a random impulse that sprouted from the deepest cliffs in my brain. Also maybe because I want to show off my beauties that I’m more than proud of... ;)

I don’t want to take the time to post the pictures of the horses so you’ll have to visit them yourselves. Getting some exercise, huh? :)

Starting off with the dudes. The gentlemen. The stallions. The studs. The guys. (Not including my grinder)

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3981327
Seastar. He’s my decent-sized buddy that was the first to accomplish Mohawk and feathering. Honestly love him, but he’s a little too short.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3983992
AAAAAAH FROSTTTT! He’s my pride and joy. Well kinda is. I’m a little disappointed that he didn’t pick up the Mohawk from his sire, but he still could be a carrier. Plus he’s the perfect height and is an absolute beauty.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3981298
Storm Cloud. My brother’s favorite and my first tallest. Not a huge fan of the dapples, but it works. He’s just perfect when it comes to Mohawk and height.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3980063
Orca. My first bud. I remember being so proud of him and boasting about him all day to my cat (don’t ask). Right now I’m only using him for color as I love black Mohawks.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3984860
Haunting Mist. My Halloween prize. I love his coloring and just how he’s built. Absolute masterpiece.

After a grueling night that ended in me falling asleep with my phone on, I'm back 8-). Time for the ladies!

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3980377
Cinnamon. I loved her coloring and since she was my first mohawk I watched her color progression like a hawk. Now, though, I'm not a fan of the varnish threatening to take over her beautiful color. She's getting old, yes, but I'd rather have a young-looking old gal than a fading-gray old gal, Oh, well. I've forgotten whether it's dominant or recessive so I'm crossing my fingers that her gorgeous foals won't be carriers of it.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3980664
Whispering Shadows. I love her name, her coat, and especially her costume. What with her black coat, she looks like a real zebra... minus the mane coloration. She's not the greatest when it comes to offspring, but then again, no one is.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3981742
Blizzard. The first of a very long snow-themed name streak initiated by one of my family members. I love solid coats with mohawks. Like white mohawks and black mohawks. Now I have both! I'm sure her and Frost will make a suburb breeding pair.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3980687
Ah, Moondance. Spitting image of her mother. The only thing I dislike about the Warrior's Heart generation is the lowered back end. Opposite of a sway back, a... not-sway back? Eh.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3981144
Taffy. Not much to say. Love the color and name, but everything else is just... eh?

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3979878 and https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3980062
are the og gals. Great breeders and beautiful colors.
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

[× Mossy Oak Acres ×]

Post by Setting Sun »

I actually slept good last night, so I'm on HWO a bit earlier than usual. I would edit the above post with new arrivals, but you guys can just visit my farm if you so desperately want to see the newbies. My faithful grinder just passed, so I'm bringing out my secret weapon, Slate. I had him trained not too long ago and as of yesterday, he was doing great in level 10 Racing. Maybe my lines are good grinders after all! We'll have to see what becomes of his foals. Then I might just be able to squeeze out some extra grinders to sell to you lot. Hopefully there'll be enough demand that I'll be able to actually earn some money off of it, but I'm so far doing good with what I have so there's really no need for extra moolah.

I'm possibly thinking of getting premium. I have over 500 PT so I might get premium. Though if I do, I have no idea how it would benefit me and my projects and I don't trust Slate enough to earn another batch of PT to keep me going. If at some point I start my MOA Mustangs projects, maybe I can aim for high speed Mustangs?? Depends on if I can actually finish all my goals for the TBs. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Lately, I have been taking a bunch of pregnant mare courses, so now I'm suffering from the downsides of not being able to take two courses at the same time. I'm managing, though. Just using a teeny bit of turns and constantly finishing my ownership courses. I'm at the 10-hour stage, so it's not too hard to start a course before I get to bed so it'll be done when I log on again.

Enough of my ranting :P

Hope you lot slept well whenever you slept.
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

[× Mossy Oak Acres ×] UPDATES

Post by Setting Sun »

Oh, yeah, it's high time for an update!

Frost has feathers! He's a mohawk carrier with feathers, and that's a step higher than teeny Seastar! I also had a batch of gals born a year apart, and they all survived their first years of mohawk testing! They also ended up with feathers, though having a smaller expression, it's still very there, which means they could have feather babies!

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3984490
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3982347 - she's got tiny feathers :lol:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3981843
Flurry and Ice Storm's triplet, Maple Syrup also has feathers, but just as poorly expressed as Ice Storm.
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Update :D

Post by Setting Sun »

Okay, mohawks and feathers are a huge success. Another problem has arisen, though. Someone told me that the same black, white, cream, cream, white, black common colors on my horses weren't all that good for looking at. I've decided to try harder to bring in more chestnut and dark palomino colors to add an additional varying color gene. I'm about to pick up a good bunch of horses soon, so maybe they'll lend a helping hand?

I now have over 630 PT. A good 130 towards another premium amount. Maybe when I reach 1000 PT I'll think seriously about getting premium. Then I might be able to help out with people who need confos and such.
Mossy Oak Holding
Visit My Farm

Freeze Acc

Post by Mossy Oak Holding »

I'm O_OHi?, the frozen account for O_OBye?. I hold grinders, old folks, and my first generation of horses.

I'll be posting off and on to this topic. Mainly because I want to get my six posts in so I can post freely, but also because this account might also be a little interesting. Just depends on what you call interesting.

- O_O
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Update 2.0

Post by Setting Sun »

I do confirm the above post - that is indeed me.

I currently have a max of three horses without mohawks. I also successfully added new and fun colors into my beautiful batch of ladies. I'm going to keep aiming towards these unique colors but also keep working towards better HGP. Nothing much else to update on that you lot can't see for yourselves. So why don't you stop reading and visit my farm? My horses have gotten decently bad-tempered without constant human influence.

I also have over 750 PT now. A healthy... let's see, 759-500=... 259! Apologies for my drowsiness. I have an education- I swear! Back to PT. 259 extra PT if I bought premium at this instance.

I'm officially allowing comments on this thread. It's very boring if I'm just talking to myself, isn't it? I would love to hear your combined thoughts on my project!
Setting Sun
Visit My Farm

Blah, blah, horses, blah blah

Post by Setting Sun »

Uh, so I apologize for the un-excited name but I do have exciting news.

First, Whirlpool has golden dapples! Such a dapper colt, eh? Sorry.

My whole herd is officially completely mohawk. Now it's just the feathers to tackle. I also have over 760 PT now, so that's a plus.

I visited my family yesterday and showed my sister my foals. She asked why they have such a spiny back end. I said I don't feed the foals when they're in the barn. She gasped really dramatically and asked why I would do such a thing to babies! I said since they can't 'retire' of starvation, they're fine until they get grass in the breeding age pastures, so they can look forward to that. She rolled her eyes and said "Ohh no dear Power you are older than me so you'll eat all the grass in the pastures!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Was an interesting conversation that prompted me to decide to give foals 25% yellow corn when they're born so they have energy when they reach breeding age. Are you happy, sister?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:56 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:56 am