Community Forum

Standardbred Breeding

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
TigerJade
Visit My Farm

Standardbred Breeding

Post by TigerJade »

Hello there! I am looking to breed Standardbreds. Since there are none for sale, I have been looking to breed my own, however there is a serious lack of the following horses: 
Narragansett Stallion
Canadian Pacer mare OR Canadian horse

If someone could let me borrow one, or buy one, I'd be very grateful. Even if someone had an old or unused Standardbred Mare I could have, or use to get a filly of my own, I'd appreciate it a lot.
Please let me know if you can help, or if you have any suggestions for me. :D
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Re: Standardbred Breeding

Post by Sunpath »

I don't have what you are looking unfortunately, but given that Standardbreds are typically used for harness racing i just wanted to say that if you get your standardbred stock going and you want to gear them towards harness racing, and want a jump start in confo and BR for harness racing specifically, just give me a shout :) I breed harness racers (TB x Russian trotter crosses) and would love to see more harness racing breeds around, so I'd gladly help you out with a stallion or two to mix in some of that harness racing build in your stock.
Sunpath Acres brand: - Ṩᴬ -
Second account: SunpathAcres
MysticSunflower
Visit My Farm

Post by MysticSunflower »

TigerJade wrote:Hello there! I am looking to breed Standardbreds. Since there are none for sale, I have been looking to breed my own, however there is a serious lack of the following horses: 
Narragansett Stallion

If someone could let me borrow one, or buy one, I'd be very grateful. Even if someone had an old or unused Standardbred Mare I could have, or use to get a filly of my own, I'd appreciate it a lot.
I just got this Canadian Pacer stallion! I am actively working on them, so I will let you know if I get another one.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4007091

I have this barn of Standardbreds - let me know which stallion and mare you like and I will try to get you a filly.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/187945
TigerJade
Visit My Farm

Post by TigerJade »

Omg tysm! Endless chuckle and Just the Illusion? You're so kind!
TigerJade
Visit My Farm

Post by TigerJade »

MysticSunflower wrote:
TigerJade wrote:Hello there! I am looking to breed Standardbreds. Since there are none for sale, I have been looking to breed my own, however there is a serious lack of the following horses: 
Narragansett Stallion

I just got this Canadian Pacer stallion! I am actively working on them, so I will let you know if I get another one.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4007091

I have this barn of Standardbreds - let me know which stallion and mare you like and I will try to get you a filly.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/187945

Omg tysm! Endless chuckle and Just the Illusion? Just quote me when/if u get a filly and just private list it and ill pay whatever!
TigerJade
Visit My Farm

Post by TigerJade »

Sunpath wrote:I don't have what you are looking unfortunately, but given that Standardbreds are typically used for harness racing i just wanted to say that if you get your standardbred stock going and you want to gear them towards harness racing, and want a jump start in confo and BR for harness racing specifically, just give me a shout :) I breed harness racers (TB x Russian trotter crosses) and would love to see more harness racing breeds around, so I'd gladly help you out with a stallion or two to mix in some of that harness racing build in your stock.
That sounds great! Up until recently I owned a Standardbred ex-Pacer, and She's what got me into it! My plan was to breed for harness racing, so if i can find a mare that'd be greatly appreciated!
Sunpath
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

TigerJade wrote:
Sunpath wrote:I don't have what you are looking unfortunately, but given that Standardbreds are typically used for harness racing i just wanted to say that if you get your standardbred stock going and you want to gear them towards harness racing, and want a jump start in confo and BR for harness racing specifically, just give me a shout :) I breed harness racers (TB x Russian trotter crosses) and would love to see more harness racing breeds around, so I'd gladly help you out with a stallion or two to mix in some of that harness racing build in your stock.
That sounds great! Up until recently I owned a Standardbred ex-Pacer, and She's what got me into it! My plan was to breed for harness racing, so if i can find a mare that'd be greatly appreciated!

I wish you all the best with getting hold of one! I've decided to take a bit of a break from my harness racing project and start up something else, but I still have my stock saved on my holding account so just give me a holler if you want a mare covered :)
Sunpath Acres brand: - Ṩᴬ -
Second account: SunpathAcres
MysticSunflower
Visit My Farm

TigerJade wrote:Omg tysm! Endless chuckle and Just the Illusion? Just quote me when/if u get a filly and just private list it and ill pay whatever!
Those are both stallions, let me know which mare you like :)
TigerJade
Visit My Farm

Post by TigerJade »

MysticSunflower wrote:
TigerJade wrote:Omg tysm! Endless chuckle and Just the Illusion? Just quote me when/if u get a filly and just private list it and ill pay whatever!
Omg i got mixed up haha. Flash Mob please?
MysticSunflower
Visit My Farm

TigerJade wrote:
MysticSunflower wrote:
Omg i got mixed up haha. Flash Mob please?
Here you go! :)

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4009877
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm