Community Forum

Maybe Interesting, Maybe not?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
StellaSim
Visit My Farm

Maybe Interesting, Maybe not?

Post by StellaSim »

So I keep three separate lines of the Andravida horses I breed, but the main two are what I call the "Light Draft" and the "Quick Type". The "Quick Type" lines have Tiger Eye and Cream scattered throughout, but the "Light Draft" lines do not and both lines carry lots of cryptic dun. At least, I thought so.

However, this guy, who is of the "Light Draft" lines appears to have tiger eye? A quick glance through his pedigree and idk where it came from. While both of these lines originated from the same founding stock, the tiger eye was introduced to the "Quick Type" lines long after they had diverged from the "Light Draft" lines. Obviously, it must have been introduced somewhere to the "Light Draft" lines, but this is the first time I have seen it present itself.

Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Maybe Interesting, Maybe not?

Post by Silverine »

That is the neat thing with recessive genes. They can hide for seemingly ever. :) And the Andravida has pretty heavy NAB influence in its breed recipe, which makes it very likely that at least one horse used in the original recipe of all lines had TE. And that one gene can really proliferate without you knowing. Resulting in surprise pops like above. :) (TE is also popular in a lot of TB lines that I've seen. So there's that, too.)

I have the same thing in my Knab lines, but with chestnut. Generations and generations go by and no red. Then BAM. There's a red. :lol:
StellaSim
Visit My Farm

Post by StellaSim »

It certainly keeps things exciting!
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

It's also very realistic!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 pm