Community Forum

Server Migration This Weekend

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Server Migration This Weekend

Post by larissar »

Hi Horse World friends! For those of you who haven't been following the details on our Patreon page we have been building a new server for the game to run on and it's just about ready to launch.

This means over the weekend we'll be taking the game offline in order to move it to the new server.

If you want to follow the progress please check our Patreon as we'll keep progress updates post there, for free for anyone to read. You can also reach out to us on our Facebook page for details there as well.

The exact time/date that we'll be offline isn't determined yet. It could be as early as Saturday afternoon or as late as Sunday evening. More details will follow.
Warband
Visit My Farm

Re: Server Migration This Weekend

Post by Warband »

Quick Question, If we did the patreon once to access the discord, is that a forever access, or only as long as the Patreon is active?
Cranberry Sprite
Visit My Farm

Post by Cranberry Sprite »

Will the new server effect anything on our farms like our horses? Also about this new server will it need to be payed for? Dumb questions but curious lol. Can't wait for the update!
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Warband wrote:Quick Question, If we did the patreon once to access the discord, is that a forever access, or only as long as the Patreon is active?
I believe the Patreon Discord access is only while you are paid, however there is an open channel that you can join without paying. https://discord.gg/pqpGn6Qa6J
Cranberry Sprite wrote:Will the new server effect anything on our farms like our horses? Also about this new server will it need to be payed for? Dumb questions but curious lol. Can't wait for the update!
The new server will be the current game running on new hardware. There are a lot of updates and fixes, possibly some new bugs, but all of the horses and farms should be the same as they are now. The new server will not cost anything more than the current one for users. You may support the game by buying upgrades, pony tokens or joining our Patreon, but it isn't required. :)
Cranberry Sprite
Visit My Farm

Post by Cranberry Sprite »

Alr! That's awesome! Thanks for telling me!
Sora Black
Visit My Farm

Post by Sora Black »

i Need Some Pony Tokens
GrayGray
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayGray »

Didn't you only change the hardware, not the OS itself? We are talking about the fact that theoretically new errors should not appear. I have to migrate a salary server at work. It scares me a lot... I hope that you will not have any difficulties! Backups will save the world!

Админь! This is a linguistic construct formed by the words Admin (abbreviated. from the Administrator) and Amen. In Russian, we say this when administrators are scared =)))
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

GrayGray wrote:Didn't you only change the hardware, not the OS itself? We are talking about the fact that theoretically new errors should not appear. I have to migrate a salary server at work. It scares me a lot... I hope that you will not have any difficulties! Backups will save the world!
Not quite. The OS is the same in the sense that it's the same "flavour" but we're jumping quite a few versions. Same with the programming language version, database version and in some cases different support tools as well. I've also upgraded to the latest version of forum software which is highly integrated with the game itself too. I'm very hopeful that we won't have any major bugs, but I assume we'll have some minor ones.
GrayGray wrote:Админь! This is a linguistic construct formed by the words Admin (abbreviated. from the Administrator) and Amen. In Russian, we say this when administrators are scared =)))
Thanks! Yes, we're scared over here too always with a big migration like this. I've done a lot of testing over the past month, and a small group of players from our Patreon have already been using the new server and finding all kinds of bugs which I've been fixing fast, so I think we'll be okay... hope.... pray....
username <3
Visit My Farm

Post by username <3 »

I'm so excited!! I love the current HWO so I can't even begin to imagine how amazing a new version is going to be! I'm going to be offline all weekend anyway which means the next time I open HWO will be with the new server!! Thank you so much, Larissar and Tom, for all you do to make HWO a special place for all of us.
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

Will i still be able to play in Idaho???
Im glad that it will be better tho, but i LOVE HWO :D
Last edited by brettdiesel on Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Find The Perfect Forever Horse At Thunderbolt Ranch
We Breed EVERYTHING
The Outside Of A Horse Is Good For The Inside Of A Man - Winston Churchill

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 am