Community Forum

Questions for fellow Racing Stock Breeders

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Re: Questions for fellow Racing Stock Breeders

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

Silverine wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:16 pm
Horsechronicles12 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:42 pm You haven't checked recently then because I have over 100% pastures (unmowed). I haven't mowed them in a while and all the ones I use for racing DEFINITELY do not got mowed.
I apologize, I realized that many of the pastures are short because of the number of horses in them, not because you mowed them. That was my mistake.

However, I still only see three pastures where the grass is at 100%, and even in those the horses that are at high strung are on 100% weight gain or performance mix. If you have a horse at high strung that has not been eating performance mix or weight gain mix I would be very happy to be directed to it. :)
I'm sorry for getting a little upset. You are right, ALL my horses are on Weight Gain. That's just because I like them to eat but some aren't mowed
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Horsechronicles12 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:20 pm I'm sorry for getting a little upset. You are right, ALL my horses are on Weight Gain. That's just because I like them to eat but some aren't mowed
No, it's totally alright! I realize that I may have sounded very accusatory and I apologize for it. I'm glad we cleared it up. :)
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

Silverine wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:21 pm
Horsechronicles12 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:20 pm I'm sorry for getting a little upset. You are right, ALL my horses are on Weight Gain. That's just because I like them to eat but some aren't mowed
No, it's totally alright! I realize that I may have sounded very accusatory and I apologize for it. I'm glad we cleared it up. :)
Me too
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

AppleofHiseye178 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:52 am Hi, :D
I have some questions.
I am currently breeding racing stock foals.
All of my mares have the temperament of high-strung and I have been breeding them to stallions who are also high strung.
Some of the foals are born calm and then the temperament changes to bombproof...which is not what I want at all.
I'd like to know more information on how to maintain the right temperament (high-strung) for foals.

-Should I keep them in a pasture or a barn? both
-What should I feed them? in a barn=100% yellow corn in a pasture=100% peformace mix
How long should I keep them in pasture or barn? pasture= lifelong barn only before races
-Is it adjustable if they are born bombproof? sometimes
-if they became bombproof can that be changed? yes with feed
-at what age should I start training to avoid the temperament from going bombproof? about 5 months
-Do I need to change feed when training?
no

Any Advice and info to help improve my stock is greatly appreciated!

P.s. Here is some of my potential racing stock colts if you want to take a peek.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/194973
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/197392

More still to be born. Some not included in links. :D
Find The Perfect Forever Horse At Thunderbolt Ranch
We Breed EVERYTHING
The Outside Of A Horse Is Good For The Inside Of A Man - Winston Churchill

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 6:23 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:23 pm