Community Forum

Rose Oak Farm Log- ૨σ

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Rose Oak Farm Log- ૨σ

Post by Rose90067 »

All breeds project-

I've been wanting to start this project for a long time, but found I got hung up or side tracked with other things, but this time I have come back to this project, and have fully committed myself to it. I've sold nearly all of my other stock, except for some extras for grinders (and of course my favorites), so there's not really any going back, or getting side tracked by other projects.

I will be working on this project on a side account (AlbertaBound), that way I have all of the quest achievement things in order. All horses will still be branded ૨σ.

All of the horses that I am breeding will be entirely from my own line! I will not be using any outside studs or broods for this project, (Nor any horses from the market), it will be entirely adoption center horses as the foundation. For the sake of helping out other players with there own projects, I will be selling ingredient horses, as well as some of the "dead-end" breeds that I will not be using later on.

My end goal with this project is to pick a handful of the breeds and specialize them into different disciplines (a different breed for each discipline).

I officially started this project on December 27th, 2023.

Achievement: Reached 50 breeds on January 4th, 2024.

Achievement: Reached 100 breeds on March 16th, 2024

2nd semester has hit me hard (I've got four 3 hour lab sections, so its been busy :mrgreen:), so the project has been slowed, but it is still going!

Achievement: Bred the Poney Mousseye! Trying to get this breed was a... laughable experience to say the least. Because this was such a difficult breed, it will be one of the breeds I continue to breed. Direction: In-hand jumping.

Achievement: Reached 60 breeds on January 29th, 2023
Last edited by Rose90067 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Rose Oak Farm Log- ૨σ

Post by Rose90067 »

Poney Mousseye In-hand jumping project- On hold until at least early May (the end of second semester)

This project is tangent of the all breeds project

Project started: January 28th, 2024

First Poney mousseye mare! She will be the foundation to the entire line. (In other words, the COI is going to get very high).
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4131170

I used a shetland stud (https:www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4131219) to lower the height.

Updates (1/29/2024 - 1/31/2024): With generation 2, I have tested all of the foals, just to get a decent idea of where performance is starting. The range for fully trained, mod-thin, and high strung ponies is 2:29-2:33 (Final score).

Currently, I am still working on lowering the height to be consistently below 9.1hh.

Highest genetic potential so far has been 37k

Update (2/3/2024): Generation 3
Highest GP for stallions was 43k, for mares it was 38k.
Last edited by Rose90067 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlbertaBound
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by AlbertaBound »

This cape horse mare looks like shes well on her way to being a girraffe lol. Definately an interesting conformation on this one. Don't tell my horse I said this, but it kind of looks like him...

Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Rose90067 »

Thoroughbred Project-

This project stems from the all breeds project. All of the thoroughbreds I will be working with will be my own raw line. This will be the first time I am doing a project with no outside gene input.
Rose90067
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Rose90067 »

Rose90067 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:29 pm Poney Mousseye In-hand jumping project- On hold until at least early May (end of second semester)

This project is tangent of the all breeds project

Project started: January 28th, 2024

First Poney mousseye mare! She will be the foundation to the entire line. (In other words, the COI is going to get very high).
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4131170

I used a shetland stud (https:www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4131219) to lower the height.

Updates (1/29/2024 - 1/31/2024): With generation 2, I have tested all of the foals, just to get a decent idea of where performance is starting. The range for fully trained, mod-thin, and high strung ponies is 2:29-2:33 (Final score).

Currently, I am still working on lowering the height to be consistently below 9.1hh.

Highest genetic potential so far has been 37k

Update (2/3/2024): Generation 3
Highest GP for stallions was 43k, for mares it was 38k.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm