Community Forum

Advice needed!

lilykate
Visit My Farm

Advice needed!

Post by lilykate »

Hey all, I played HWO for a bit in 2017 and I recently made a new account. I am just wondering the fastest ways to fully train horses, what two breeds can make different breeds if bred together, ways to make more money, rarest breeds, best prices for horses/how to price them properly. If anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated! I love this game and would love to further my experience. Thank you, Tahlz<3
Cypress Creek Test
Visit My Farm

Re: Advice needed!

Post by Cypress Creek Test »

lilykate wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:13 am Hey all, I played HWO for a bit in 2017 and I recently made a new account. I am just wondering the fastest ways to fully train horses, what two breeds can make different breeds if bred together, ways to make more money, rarest breeds, best prices for horses/how to price them properly. If anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated! I love this game and would love to further my experience. Thank you, Tahlz<3
For the pricing stuff- it greatly depends... varies based on the breed itself and its popularity, the markings the horse has, the horse's competitive ability, age, sex, training... there's way too much variance to give a hard and fast rule for pricing.

For breed creation, the breeds wiki is located under the "help" section of the menu, but here's a link: https://www.horseworldonline.net/wiki/breeds (this will also tell you how to create breeds and give a rough idea of what breeds are popular).

There are lots of training guides! My personal method is lunge/arena with a mix of walk, canter and gallop until I'm doing 30 minute sessions for 5 energy, and then focus on each individual stat that I need. When I was training dressage, though, I did walk/arena/collection and impulsion and then focused on tying up the loose ends. Your training needs will vary based on what discipline your horse is suited for; it's often unnecessary to train every single stat.
Avoid things that give your horse fatigue. Trotting on a loose rein in the arena will actually reduce fatigue, in most cases, if you get stuck.

Local competitions will be your biggest money maker. Investing in a trained horse with at least 50K GP (called a grinder) to compete in level 10 local comps will net you max a little under 1K per each game day, plus usually some turns and PT.

If you really want to make money in sales, your best bet is either going to be training grinders for sale (depending on quality they can go for 75-100K easily) or finding a competitive niche for yourself. I would personally suggest avoiding racing disciplines, dressage and... I think log pull is the other big one; those are all very competitive and also difficult to breed for.

Obstacle driving hasn't had a record broken since 2020 in the upper levels. Saddleseat's level 4 record hasn't been broken since 2017. Western Pleasure hasn't since 2022, and most of Working Ranch's records were set in 2021. I honestly don't think there's been much activity in any of these four disciplines in a while, and if you wanted to build up a competitive line that would be a good place to start.
➺The Second Line is owned and run by Cypress Creek Elites.
➺Sales Brand: [CCT]
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

lilykate wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:13 am Hey all, I played HWO for a bit in 2017 and I recently made a new account. I am just wondering the fastest ways to fully train horses, what two breeds can make different breeds if bred together, ways to make more money, rarest breeds, best prices for horses/how to price them properly. If anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated! I love this game and would love to further my experience. Thank you, Tahlz<3
When you click your "my farm" button, don't actually click it. Scroll down to where it says help and it'll say help. Click that and click the breeds wiki and it'll tell you waht breeds make what
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

This link won't tell you what the crosses make, but you can use it to quickly reference if such a cross makes anything.

Next, Welcome Back! :)
Always good to see returnees.

I would suggest the 'fastest' way to train, is to study up on the Player Skills. Without any of them, a horse will take about 7 years to train. So, work on them alongside horse ownership skills.

Also, my quicklinks have a slew of self-help reading if you want to tackle things on your own.

And as already been said, I'm reaffirming the Grinder. This is how all of us make our day to day monies. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
lilykate
Visit My Farm

Post by lilykate »

Cypress Creek Test wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:23 pm
For the pricing stuff- it greatly depends... varies based on the breed itself and its popularity, the markings the horse has, the horse's competitive ability, age, sex, training... there's way too much variance to give a hard and fast rule for pricing.

For breed creation, the breeds wiki is located under the "help" section of the menu, but here's a link: https://www.horseworldonline.net/wiki/breeds (this will also tell you how to create breeds and give a rough idea of what breeds are popular).

There are lots of training guides! My personal method is lunge/arena with a mix of walk, canter and gallop until I'm doing 30 minute sessions for 5 energy, and then focus on each individual stat that I need. When I was training dressage, though, I did walk/arena/collection and impulsion and then focused on tying up the loose ends. Your training needs will vary based on what discipline your horse is suited for; it's often unnecessary to train every single stat.
Avoid things that give your horse fatigue. Trotting on a loose rein in the arena will actually reduce fatigue, in most cases, if you get stuck.

Local competitions will be your biggest money maker. Investing in a trained horse with at least 50K GP (called a grinder) to compete in level 10 local comps will net you max a little under 1K per each game day, plus usually some turns and PT.

If you really want to make money in sales, your best bet is either going to be training grinders for sale (depending on quality they can go for 75-100K easily) or finding a competitive niche for yourself. I would personally suggest avoiding racing disciplines, dressage and... I think log pull is the other big one; those are all very competitive and also difficult to breed for.

Obstacle driving hasn't had a record broken since 2020 in the upper levels. Saddleseat's level 4 record hasn't been broken since 2017. Western Pleasure hasn't since 2022, and most of Working Ranch's records were set in 2021. I honestly don't think there's been much activity in any of these four disciplines in a while, and if you wanted to build up a competitive line that would be a good place to start.
Thank you so much! So is it more effective to train stamina first and then train all the other stats? I currently have Arabian's, Thoroughbreds', and an Arabian x Thoroughbred. All of my horses so far range from 60-72 HGP which I think is good but they are not fully trained yet. I bred my Thoroughbred mare with an Arabian x Thoroughbred stallion from the market. Which should make an Anglo-Arabian which is the breed I'd like to focus on, although I do not know how in demand they are, or if they would be a good breed to sell and compete. I may need a second opinion about that. I have currently had under 1K for a couple days (real time) due to me investing in buying horses, so will local competitions be a fast way to make money? I am super thankful for all the informative information that you shared, I will definitely have a look at training guides. Super cool to have such supportive players who help one another. I appreciate you taking the time to help me while I am still figuring HWO out again. Tahlz :D
lilykate
Visit My Farm

Post by lilykate »

Horsechronicles12 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:32 pm
When you click your "my farm" button, don't actually click it. Scroll down to where it says help and it'll say help. Click that and click the breeds wiki and it'll tell you waht breeds make what
Thank you very much. :D
lilykate
Visit My Farm

Post by lilykate »

BlackOak2 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:31 am This link won't tell you what the crosses make, but you can use it to quickly reference if such a cross makes anything.

Next, Welcome Back! :)
Always good to see returnees.

I would suggest the 'fastest' way to train, is to study up on the Player Skills. Without any of them, a horse will take about 7 years to train. So, work on them alongside horse ownership skills.

Also, my quicklinks have a slew of self-help reading if you want to tackle things on your own.

And as already been said, I'm reaffirming the Grinder. This is how all of us make our day to day monies. :mrgreen:
Thank you very much! Amazed at how helpful everyone is, will definitely have a look at your quicklinks:) Appreciate the help lots, so again thank you. Tahlz :D
Cypress Creek Test
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Test »

lilykate wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:26 pm...
So, one thing you will learn is that HGP is really not as influential as the other aspects of horses on paper- these being BR or conformation, specifically. Horses who are really high HGP tend to have more rounded stats, so they're decent in a lot of areas, but as you specialize them for a specific discipline you'll tend to lose anything "extra" (for the most part, competitive lines are in the 62-68K range, and the exact GP of the horse isn't as important as the comments the horse has).

Thoroughbreds and Arabians are hands down the most popular horses, and because of this they and Anglos aren't super likely to be in high demand (the market is already pretty flooded). High GP Arabs in particular are pretty common.

Yes, locals are a fast and reliable way to earn money. Entering player made comps that have low fees ($20 and under) will also usually net you a small profit.

Focus on training Stamina first, but try to make use of as much energy as you can! As you complete training courses it'll get significantly easier.
➺The Second Line is owned and run by Cypress Creek Elites.
➺Sales Brand: [CCT]
El Dominicano
Visit My Farm

Post by El Dominicano »

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4116315 ok este es el mejor que tengo de genetica que opinas sirve para las competencias
JaycenUwU
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

lilykate wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:13 am Western Pleasure hasn't since 2022, and most of Working Ranch's records were set in 2021. I honestly don't think there's been much activity in any of these four disciplines in a while, and if you wanted to build up a competitive line that would be a good place to start.
Actually, if you fancy going into western pleasure I'm working on a line of shires and I haven't got the time to test all the studs I want... so I'm happy train up a colt and give him to you, I'll make sure hes a good'n (one that'll make me jealous) and I can guarantee he'll be one of the only competitive shires out there other than my own! And I'm currently working on getting close to records... (not there quite yet) so hopefully he'll get 60+
Ping me back and I'll let you know when I have one!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am