Community Forum

Things I wish I knew starting out

NekoCookie
Visit My Farm

Things I wish I knew starting out

Post by NekoCookie »

Hey y'all! I thought it would be fun if we made a forum posting about the things we wish we had known when we first started playing.
As far as I can tell, there isn't a post like this yet - but please correct me if there is one!

I'll start:
I recently realized that investing in Determination during level ups would have helped me max out my Training skills faster. I wish I had known that from the get go! :lol:
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Re: Things I wish I knew starting out

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

NekoCookie wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:43 am Hey y'all! I thought it would be fun if we made a forum posting about the things we wish we had known when we first started playing.
As far as I can tell, there isn't a post like this yet - but please correct me if there is one!

I'll start:
I recently realized that investing in Determination during level ups would have helped me max out my Training skills faster. I wish I had known that from the get go! :lol:
When I was starting out I wish I knew A LOT of things lol. Like the higher you put your horse on a level on local shows, as long as that's something they are good at, the better they do. I KNEW ALMOST NOTHING WHEN I STARTED
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Me, it was grinders. But that was so long ago, grinders weren't really a thing then. That and fully untrained horses could grind too... so it was a wild time! :lol:
Also, learning the training skills is a long one. I tackled horse ownership and then competitions and went over to training, so, even though I don't care to train, I should've started learning the training skills just about first. Now things are changed, we can send our horses to trainers, but back then... yeah.
Also, the painful tackling of all the breed recipe quests. Seriously, it's painful! Would've liked to've known that before I started, but so be it. :D

Ooo! And horse tack doesn't get sold with the horse! We all tend to overlook that, but I do remember way back when the question in my head: Does tack go with the horse??? Hmmm...

Found in my quicklinks ;)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28887
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MDH-Diesel
Visit My Farm

Post by MDH-Diesel »

Me when I first started, I didn’t know how to breed! :D I would try to search it up and I had no clue! :D
Another thing is that I wish I knew how to make money! Before I have like 2k! Now I have 2.7 mil! (No bragging) :D
El Dominicano
Visit My Farm

Post by El Dominicano »

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4131680 que opinan de este caballo me pueden dar consejos de como ganar mas dinero y criar los mejores caballos
Last edited by El Dominicano on Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Dominicano
Visit My Farm

Post by El Dominicano »

I am trying to breed Apaloosa and Pinto Arabian horses with good genetics.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

El Dominicano wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:23 pm https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4131680 que opinan de este caballo me pueden dar consejos de como ganar mas dinero y criar los mejores caballos
This isn't the correct topic to be asking this.

That said...

(Translation: What do you think of this horse can you give me tips on how to make more money and breed the best horses?)

It's a little about HGP, confo scores and overall, competition scores. However, this isn't the only way to play the game. 'The Best Horses' is rather on the tongue of the judge, meaning that it all depends on what 'best horses' means to you. So, you'll first have to define what goal you have in mind, before we can give you more specific instructions and advice. Please do so in the Help, Questions forum and not here, in this topic.

There are many ways to make money on this game. One of the ways that even newbies can tackle, is to find some high HGP horses (a mare and a stallion) and breed foals to be sold as grinder fodder. In this way, you can make 10k on each foal, completely untrained. Your stallion would be a good candidate for this.

Also, the grinder will be super helpful for you as well. Use the grinder to grind in local shows for your basic monies and random turn and PT drops.
There are a number of other topics in my quicklinks, all about making money, if you want to go deeper into the subject.

As far as the horse you have, it looks like he's at least good grinder fodder. He does have a couple pedigree horses that were in competitions and one in particular has some fairly decent WPS (win, place, show) percentage. Your horse has not been tested, so he's an unknown. At the very least, there's some guidance to give your horse a try, should you want to.

Overall, he's not a bad looking horse. I don't know if your sale price is acceptable or not though, if he doesn't sell at that price, you should consider lowering it or even finding somebody with specific interest in him. Specific interest parties do tend to have a higher allowance for purchases.

Pintabian horse breed? Or arabian horses with a pinto color? One is a Paint breed and an Arabian breed cross, the other is just an arabian with a painted color. Currently, we only have tobiano to create such a colored arabian. The other painted color genes have not yet been released to us.

All that said, if you aim [generally] for these breeds that look overall like your horse Marco (HGP, scores, BR, etc.) then you'll be heading in a good direction.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
El Dominicano
Visit My Farm

Post by El Dominicano »

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4116315 ok y este es el caballo con mayor genetica que tengo
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 pm