Community Forum

What is a farm log for, exactly? What should it contain?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
isomorphism
Visit My Farm

What is a farm log for, exactly? What should it contain?

Post by isomorphism »

I'm pretty new to HWO. I'd like to someday participate in the greater community, especially by breeding high-quality adoption centre lines. It seems like creating a farm log is a popular thing to do for such projects, but I don't really understand what they're for.

So far, I've noticed that farm logs tend to include some of the following:
  • Goals for a given breeding project
  • History (e.g. by generation)
  • Hall of fame horses
  • Links to barns
  • Replies from other interested breeders

Can anyone help me understand what a farm log is used for? Is there anything important missing from my list above? Thanks in advance. :)
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Re: What is a farm log for, exactly? What should it contain?

Post by Emlyn »

isomorphism wrote:Ping
Basically just keeping track of your progress so you can look back on it ^^

Also, some like to see the growth and journey of HWO members
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: What is a farm log for, exactly? What should it contain?

Post by BlackOak2 »

isomorphism wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:16 pm I'm pretty new to HWO. I'd like to someday participate in the greater community, especially by breeding high-quality adoption centre lines. It seems like creating a farm log is a popular thing to do for such projects, but I don't really understand what they're for.

So far, I've noticed that farm logs tend to include some of the following:
  • Goals for a given breeding project
  • History (e.g. by generation)
  • Hall of fame horses
  • Links to barns
  • Replies from other interested breeders

Can anyone help me understand what a farm log is used for? Is there anything important missing from my list above? Thanks in advance. :)
It's as Emlyn said, but I want to say that probably many of us swing by farm logs to watch progress! :lol: There are a lot more forum stalkers on HWO than probably any other game out there. And a lot of our studies are collaborations of multiple peoples' work, not just what they breed and breed to others' horses themselves, but by basing and using theories delved into, by other members. So, Farm Logs are quite helpful in that respect as well.

A Farm Log is also used as a catch-all for conversations that don't quite fit into other categories. It's also important for links to horses we don't want to lose, so mark that heavily in your thoughts, not just Hall of Fame horses. We don't have ways to save horse links we want, unless it's offline (at least, not yet). So if you like to keep a record of all the horses you've bred, the Farm Log is very handy for that.

Farm Logs, at one time, were also used for training services (as well as other services). Although they seemed to've migrated into the general chat now.

Generally, a Farm Log can be used for whatever you feel you need it to be used for. You don't need to create one, but they're helpful for keeping things organized and sharing with the community even if you're not a very social person. 8-) What's more, the Farm Logs are sacred. You own it (as far as HWO is concerned) and admin takes the Farm Logs sacredness a little more seriously than the other forums. What I mean is, what you say, goes, in your Farm Log and if you have some troubles with it, admin will do what they can to settle it. For example, if you have somebody you don't want posting to your Farm Log and you've asked them repeatedly not to, admin will step in and boot them from it (they'll even clean it up from those unwanted posts), if you forward a message to them for help.
Still has to fall into HWO rules, though. And luckily, we don't have that type of activity on the game anymore. We've got good people around here. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 am