Community Forum

Mixing for new breeds

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Ealesi
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Mixing for new breeds

Post by Ealesi »

Is there a guide anywhere that can help me figure out how I can breed certain non standard bought breeds? I'm trying to figure out a low coi tbred line, but i can't figure out how to get to the base tb from the store breeds. Can anyone help?
Cypress Creek Test
Visit My Farm

Re: Mixing for new breeds

Post by Cypress Creek Test »

https://www.horseworldonline.net/wiki/breeds This is the breeds wiki, which tells you all the ingame breeds and how to make them. (There are over 300!)
https://www.horseworldonline.net/market/store/book This is the book store. To breed a new breed from recipe breeds, you'll want to purchase the evaluation book for that breed. Foals that don't evaluate well for the new breed will pop up as mixed or grade instead.

For the recipe breeds, it doesn't matter the exact percentages or which is male/female, as long as only the breeds stated in the wiki are present in the parents.
➺The Second Line is owned and run by Cypress Creek Elites.
➺Sales Brand: [CCT]
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ealesi wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:28 am Is there a guide anywhere that can help me figure out how I can breed certain non standard bought breeds? I'm trying to figure out a low coi tbred line, but i can't figure out how to get to the base tb from the store breeds. Can anyone help?
As a quick note, COI doesn't affect anything in this game negatively currently. So it's useful to make 'carbon copies'. However, you can also artificially plateau the genes your line has, if you get too high COI (in the +80 range and upward); this isn't something that WILL happen, just that it CAN happen.

The wiki is straightforward, just work backward from the Tb. There is also the quest recipe guide that can be helpful: http://horseworldonline.net/forum/viewt ... 12&t=16282

However, here's your roadmap (written backwards purposefully):

Thoroughbred: [Arabian X North African Barb] X [Akhal-Teke X Galloway]

Akhal-Teke: Arabian X Turkmene
Galloway: Exmoor Pony X [Exmoor Pony X Friesian]

Exmoor Pony: Przewalski Horse X Tarpan
Friesian: Forest Horse X [Arabian X Andalusian]

Andalusian: [Sorraia X Carthusian] X [Sorraia X West African Barb]

Sorraia: [Tarpan X Mongolian] X [Tarpan X West African Barb]
Carthusian: West African Barb X Sorraia
West African Barb: [Arabian X North African Barb] X [North African Barb X Forest Horse]

Other than the Thoroughbred, the other difficult breeding recipes (because the base breeds are either far from the recipe breed, or that their genes they carry are further from the recipe breed) will be the Sorraia (some people have a creep-load of problems with this one, others find it incredibly easy, just will be dependent on the genes that the AC horses pass onward), the West African Barb (the arab and the NAB pass onward light-favoring builds) and the Friesian (again, light-favoring builds). The other recipe breeds shouldn't be unnecessarily difficult.

Getting to the Tb breed isn't an easy thing and if you're working on minimal COI alongside it, you'll find you'll likely need a freeze or board account. I would suggest you work at maintaining COI a different way, other than just using fresh AC horses to manage it. There is a wealth of COI topics in my quicklinks that hit on what it is, maintaining and using it as well as how-to's on dealing with it.

Good Luck!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Ealesi
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ealesi »

Awesome, thanks! I got a little lost in the guides so i figured id ask. Appreciate it!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Always a great thing to ask, if you get confused. ;)
We'll be around if you need something more.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm