Community Forum

GP

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: GP

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ealesi wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:02 pm so something closer to this, https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4191869
or
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4191975
bred by me, same line as rehomed that was lower coi, better idea of why i'm asking questions
COI doesn't jump like that?

I'll def check out the bug forum, as my coi's have been jumping couple hundred % it seems with breeding this close together
No, COI doesn't jump like that. At least, it didn't before.
The last time your horses had a normal COI... At least horse # 4191869 (the first link) was... let's see... on the sire side it was - if you follow the stallion's only (the upper line), it goes back to this horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4059284 some 11 generations. This horse is the last on this colt's line that had a normal and appropriate COI.
His foal (in this colt's pedigree), ♥ Elusive Reaches, was affected by the weird COI. It jumped from the two parents there from approximately 40% to well over 100%.

I think the largest natural and correct jump I've ever seen was in the 20's or 30's. But the COI can drop by half with a good outbreeding. The largest jumps I've seen is never more than either COI parent. And I don't think it's more than half of either of them. So if you have two related horses with 50% COI, the foal shouldn't be more than 75% COI or something. 50 COI in half is 25, 25 added to 50 is 75... something like that. I don't know the math and it's coded specifically to whatever numbers... anyway, I don't know the math, but my experience is that.

Admin should and has been letting us know all of the changes, so if the testing goes right, we'll have a new COI coding or a fixed COI coding, but I don't know if it'll fix all of the current horses or if it'll just be going forward.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Ealesi
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ealesi »

Ahh Thank you for explaining. That's why i have 1700 and 1100 throwing in the 2000's.
I just hope it helps going forward at minimum, otherwise i'm going to hit 9999 in a few weeks
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Be interesting if admin wrote in a max-number code for it. If you happen to get there (where the number stops going up) before the change comes through, I'd be curious to hear that. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
El Dominicano
Visit My Farm

Post by El Dominicano »

como puedo hacer que mis caballos tenga un COI bajo
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

El Dominicano wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:14 pm como puedo hacer que mis caballos tenga un COI bajo
Translation: How Can I Make My Horses Have a Low COI

There are a number of different ways, but the most straightforward answer to this, is to breed your horses to unrelated stock. If you never breed a horse to another related horse within 7 generations, your line should never show COI over 0%. There are two exceptions to this. Currently there is a COI issue that admin is working on testing a fix for. So you may always have COI appear even if the horses aren't related. And the second exception is when you breed to horses that already have COI. You'll cut any COI those horses have.

Working with no COI lines is incredibly challenging. Good Luck!

There are more guides on how to handle COI in my quicklinks with a number of how-to's on handling COI, cutting COI and maintaining low COI within herds. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 12:08 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:08 am