Community Forum

Confused about Baldi

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Djeraya
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Confused about Baldi

Post by Djeraya »

That's absolutely personal preference. Some people like racing type horses, some people ponies and some heavy drafts. Some like the complicated pathways and some are happy to breed their starting horses. If you like Marwaris you can use Baladis to get there. Otherwise there is not many breeds you can get from Baladis (check the breeds wiki what you need for what). The good thing is, that Baladis are easy to create and there is a good supply of arabian studs for example, while complicated breeds will also cost more money and time and there is less studs available.
Scythian
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Confused about Baladi

Post by Scythian »

Ohhh ... depends on who you're asking. Look at the shameless bragging in many "Stallions at Stud" ads, and you'll be led to think that any/every breed is wonderful. And in this game it often is! :)

Also (ahem) :mrgreen: I own some Baladis and compete most of them. They are generally good at racing and saddle events (English and Western divisions).

If you breed a Baladi from "scratch" -- both parents adopted -- you tend to get: poor Strength, average to good Speed and Stamina, poor to good Movement (hope the NAB gives its best here), whatever in Tempo (tends to get weird comments in the Breeder Report, then might go on to win anyway), average Balance and Agility, poor to average Intelligence.

Any good trait is worth preserving and any less-than is worth improving. Even if it takes several generations and sneaky outcrosses. ;)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 6:41 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:41 pm