Community Forum

Recreating the Nez Percé Horse

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
bingbong
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Recreating the Nez Percé Horse

Post by bingbong »

TheSpottedCat
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by TheSpottedCat »

Tinder

Hey, that's nice. I bred his mother's mother, ER's Sad Sunflower.
bingbong wrote:...
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, BingBong.

If you want to have a Nez Percé horse, you need a Akhal-Teke and a Appaloosa, and cross them.

If you want to know how to make Akhal-Tekes, Paints and Appaloosas as is here are the links for what breeds is needed for the crosses. Paints are not used to in Nez Percé horses.

Akhal-Teke
http://www.horseworldonline.net/wiki/breed/5

Paint
http://www.horseworldonline.net/wiki/breed/216

Appaloosa
http://www.horseworldonline.net/wiki/breed/73

You can click on the breeds under "creation" to see what breed's they need in their turn.

I don't have paints or appaloosas so I can't sell you any. You can try just searching for "horses for sale" or "stallions at stud", or look around in the market place forum or even make your own topic asking there.
Revv
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Revv »

Hey all! I am returning from some time away to focus on finals and work. This post should be updated shortly. Thank you for your patience! :)
Revv
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Revv »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:
Revv wrote:
I have an Akhal-Teke colt that is already 16.0hh I'd like to breed to one of your mares, possibly QHF Hades Fairy, once he's matured.
Tinder

BTW, I love Tinder. So we could an exchange if you like. One brood for one breeding. He sure is pretty. I will pick a different mare so we get a bit of variety.

I am thinking this little girl.

Once Tinder is mature, I would love to accept this proposition. If you are still interested that is.
Revv
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Revv »

bingbong wrote:[horse=][/horhttp://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/349861se][img][img][/img][/img]

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/349861
i need abreeders stalion
Hi bingbong! "Blonde Piecing It Together" is a good prospect mare for breeding a Nez Perce. I would suggest finding an Akhal Teke stallion with a height of 14.3hh or more, that has fairly good comments in his breeding report for stamina, agility, balance, and tempo. You are welcome to view my farm and search for one of my stallions to breed to or check out the stallions listed in the first (main) post of this thread.

Also, to help you with the links (as they were confusing to me at first too), insert the horse's profile number after the = sign in [horse=] and then enter the horse's name in between the two code blocks right... [horse=]HERE[/horse] Hope that helps! ^^
TheSpottedCat
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by TheSpottedCat »

ER's Far Cry

I have taken several foals, both akhal-teke and nez percé, out of this stallion and are planing to let him age out. I can also sell him if anybody would be interested, otherwise I can put up any of his sons for stud instead (in case of the younger ones when they are old enough). I might also be open to sell some of his daughters.

Here is his akhal-teke son.
ER's Cry of Lies

And his akhal-teke daughters.
ER's Royal Patience

ER's Uncharted

And his two nez percé (appaloosa x akhal-teke) sons.
ER's Crossfire

ER's Crossroads
Blazing Colors
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Blazing Colors »

hi
i am interested in breeding those Nez Percé besides my appaloosa
i have quite a lot of good spotted appaloosa that could be used for getting spotted Nez percé but as have so many appaloosa i cant make the nez percé to my primary breeed but i can help you creating some spotted and getting new genes in the nez percé.
i just find it a bit strange that is not an ofiicial breed here and it will always be a mix

but i would be happy to help you
TheSpottedCat
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by TheSpottedCat »

I would love to have some appaloosa mares that are taller than 14.0hh. Most appaloosas I find for sale are so small, they are probably crosses with shetland ponies and other tiny breeds.

I know Revv have not been online for a long time. But I'm still in need of advice.

Can I use these two horses for breeding, or are they "unregistrable" simple because lack of proper height? Can I breed them to get bigger offspring or should I scrap them?

ER's Crossfire

ER's Lilac
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Revv wrote:
Once Tinder is mature, I would love to accept this proposition. If you are still interested that is.
Still interested when he comes of age.
QHF
listerine
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by listerine »

I would be very interested in breeding the Nez Percé if they officially bring the breed into the game :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 1:50 am

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 1:50 am