Community Forum

How did you choose a breed (or breeds) to focus on?

DarkYuan
Visit My Farm

Re: How did you choose a breed (or breeds) to focus on?

Post by DarkYuan »

Necro? Anyway...

I joined the game just a week ago; actually, it was never my intent to join. I saw another breeding game's forum listing similar games, and showed my friend. She had long been disillusioned with the way Howrse was going. Hearing her explore with fresh eyes the options HWO had to offer, I couldn't play from the sidelines anymore! (I'm not even a big horse enthusiast!)

My reaction upon stumbling onto the Breed Wiki page must have been like a lot of others I imagine - slowly scrolling down with jaw agape in awe. It was hard to settle on just one, knowing very little about breeds in the real world. Of course, I recognized a few names, but those were already somewhat populated here, and I wanted the thrill of potentially being the first to breed the next big thing!

I did decide to start with a simpler goal for now. Something I liked the name of, did a little research and liked the real world lore of them - Hackneys. (It may not even be the final choice, there's so much to read!) And I plan to get there with a few rules:
  • Only starting from something if they're well populated on HWO, in my case, a Thoroughbred.
  • I'd like to keep COI under 30% or so, but that may change as I get closer to the goal.
  • Certain add-ons I would love to add in as I go are palomino, and feathers.
:D This should be a fun project!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:55 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:55 am