Community Forum

Adding Different Fonts/Characters to Horse Names

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Devolare
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Adding Different Fonts/Characters to Horse Names

Post by Devolare »

There are a bunch of online generators that do exactly this, and can be found just by googling them btw.
Like this one for example: <clicky>
It was the first one listed when looking up fonts.

**Disclaimer: Some of the characters aren't recognized on here (from that particular generator anyway), but the forum will usually let you know if they are not supported.
voidirium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by voidirium »

http://www.amp-what.com/unicode/search/star

I use this. Not all characters will work because their bitsize is too large, but quite a few do.
Just use the search for what you want.

I don't know why people are hiding this "secret", I use my own tag ❰ℙᵂ❱ to denote horses I've produced and I love it when I purchase horses that have their breeder's tag at the start of their names. Feels more realistic.
reanimator
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by reanimator »

no secret, it's just unicode. Google unicode charts and then experiment till you find something that works for you. Just know unicode is updating all the time and expanding so not everything available works with all browsers/platforms.
D.M Boarding
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by D.M Boarding »

Totina wrote:Since I am one of those breeders who use fonts in the horse names I can be kind enough to reveal the "secret" of how I did it. I even think I was first to use those kind of letters in the horses' names (I had not seen anyone using letters, only symbols before I started using ℬℳ in the names) and then other players started doing it too.

I have a list of symbols saved as a note at another online horse game, which I copied the letters from, and I experimented with them to see which ones work in this game. Unfortunately not all letters in a certain font work, as it leaves an error message when trying to save the text where you edit your farm for example.

The reason I started using letters with a certain font was to have a special "mark" on the horses I breed that is unique and is easy to spot in a list of horses (when looking at the rankings and competition results). It's not unique anymore if everyone else use it too, but I suppose it is just a question about time before everyone knows how to do it anyway so perhaps I could make a list of all the letters and symbols I know will work to copy and paste in the game.
Hi I want to put a DM infront of my horses names but I can't find any that styles will work on this game?
Totina
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

D.M Boarding wrote: Hi I want to put a DM infront of my horses names but I can't find any that styles will work on this game?
As far as I know D does not work in that font I use in this game. Only a few of the letters with another font actually work so there is a very limited amount of prefixes you can customize like that.
D.M Boarding
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by D.M Boarding »

Totina wrote:
D.M Boarding wrote: Hi I want to put a DM infront of my horses names but I can't find any that styles will work on this game?
As far as I know D does not work in that font I use in this game. Only a few of the letters with another font actually work so there is a very limited amount of prefixes you can customize like that.
Oh ok thanks so much!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 2:47 am

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 2:47 am