Community Forum

Horse World Online: about the game

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Horse World Online: about the game

Post by larissar »

The following is cross posted from PSU. Its the currently released description of the new game.

Horse World Online is an online horse ownership simulation game. With a unique approach blending time-based and turn-based game play and an in-depth attention to detail it is my hope that HWO will be a popular game.

Horses
- truly advanced genetics determine not only what a horse looks like but also how good a horse is
- highly detailed dynamic image generation including colours that actually change as a horse ages in the same manner as real life (grey, some dilutions)
- horses which will actually GROW as they age with height and body style reflected in the dynamic images
- simplified genetic testing and phenotype identification
- well researched breed creation system: starting with historic breeds all modern (and some extinct) breeds must be created through specific (realistic and historic) breed crosses.
- modern 1st generation cross breeding also included
- realistic breeding of unique gaits (Fox Trot, Tolt etc) some specific gaits are required for certain disciplines
- breedable stats include: height, temperament, build, strength, speed, stamina, intelligence, balance, agility, tempo and movement
- actual ability is not just the stat it is evaluated along with height, build and temperament (meaning a mini horse with a high strength would never be strong than a draft horse with a high strength), this results in natural breed-types excelling in disciplines they excel at in real life
- a Breeders Report generated for every horse is a simple and easy way to understand how good a horse is without being overwhelmed by numbers

Care
- no daily tasks required, a simple set-and-forget system for feeding and turnout with a report generated every "game day" to let you know if a feeding regime is not working for a horse
- advanced feed effects based on real life (calories, carbs, protein, fat, fibre) and custom mixing of feed with a simple Grooms Report to avoid excessive number overload

Health/Soundness
- horses can become ill if their pick up a virus or disease
- vets can treat ill horses but sometimes a horse can get better on their own (such as a common cold)
- its up to the owner to determine when to contact a vet
- owners are presented a list of symptoms (which can change) when a horse is ill
- horses can become injured through training, competition, breeding and sometimes just being too playful in a pasture

Training
- Conditioning based training system
- Player selects activity (lunging, flatwork, driving, cavaletti, jumps etc), primary working gait, and terrain (arena, field, etc). Training effects are calculated based on the horses current condition
- Over-training a horse can lead to burn-out (horse will stop gaining ability) or injury; rest and cross-training are emphasized
- this training system lends itself well to allowing players to create their own training techniques in order to raises a horse to his peak condition
- simple trainers report after every training session and a condition report on horses page to indicate how far long in his training he is

Showing
- multiple disciplines available at multiple levels
- horses must earn their way to the top levels however good horses are kept out of lower level shows through advanced evaluation in order to give all horses a chance at winning
- shows run continuously throughout the day (no waiting for the next day to get your results)
- show results calculated based on horses ability with breed types exceling at disciplines as they do in real life (thoroughbreds are great race horses, etc.)

Players
- all players have stats just like horses
- players earn experience doing actions throughout the game to "level up"
- advancing player level increases the players own stats
- stats are used to learn new skills and abilities
- huge lists of skills to learn which increase a players abilities (training, showing) and also give a player new abilities (become a vet, farrier, etc.)

Items
- thousands of items including tack (which can be visually placed on a horse), books (for advancing skills), magic items (for temporary increases to abilities and more), etc.
- players can craft new items (after learning the skills)
- items are "skinable" meaning players can create their own artwork "skins" which, when added to a crafting recipe, create a new item look
- item skins can be sold to other players but the original skin creator retains control over creating new ones
- items can have effects on horses stats or showing ability

Stables
- players can purchase property and build their own stable
- players purchase buildings and fencing and visually create their stable using dynamic images
- stable decoration items can be created and sold to other players similar to how item skins are handled
- stables have no only visual properties but also quality properties
- horses kept in low quality pastures or stalls could be at higher risk of injury or illness
- quarantine buildings will actually quarantine ill horses
- players can purchase crop fields as well and grow their own hay and grains

Goals/Accomplishments
- massive list of potential goals and accomplishments a player can earn
- rewards for goals based on difficulty

Breed / Discipline Registries
- player elected officials can adjust approval settings on registries to reflect what the player population believes registered horses should conform to
- for example Friesians should have a specific body type and coloration which would be more important than say height and temperament (an example), whereas a Thoroughbred would have less emphasis on coloration but stats (speed) would be more important
- upgraded players can create their own associations to further their own breeding goals which may encompass more than just a specific breed or discipline
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse World Online: about the game

Post by brettdiesel »

larissar
i just made a mistake and deleted my horse {TR} Mi$$ $unshine and i diddint mean to and now shes gone can i please some how someway get her back at all or is she gone forever?????
She was my best horse ever :cry: :cry:
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

HorseBrett wrote:larissar
i just made a mistake and deleted my horse {TR} Mi$$ $unshine and i diddint mean to and now shes gone can i please some how someway get her back at all or is she gone forever?????
If you rehomed her she is gone forever. I had this happen with a 70 movement colt once and almost gave up lol
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

My girls gone forever :cry
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

HorseBrett wrote:My girls gone forever :cry
:cry: It's happened to me, at least twice. I think you'll find almost every single player has had this happen to them. And we're all quietly crying when it does.

Is there something we (the community) can do instead?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

Idk do you have a black thurobreed with feathers on its feet?
JaycenUwO
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwO »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:
HorseBrett wrote:larissar
If you rehomed her she is gone forever. I had this happen with a 70 movement colt once and almost gave up lol
I remember seeing him! I wondered where he went, I spent ages looking for him a few months ago lol
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

JaycenUwO wrote:
Cypress Creek Elites wrote: If you rehomed her she is gone forever. I had this happen with a 70 movement colt once and almost gave up lol
I remember seeing him! I wondered where he went, I spent ages looking for him a few months ago lol
lol
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

HorseBrett wrote:Idk do you have a black thurobreed with feathers on its feet?
I do not currently, I think. I will go looking. But I can also breed you a new one from decent enough stock, if you give me a day or two. Feathers might be a little bit of a problem. But let me see what I find, first.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HorseBrett wrote:Idk do you have a black thurobreed with feathers on its feet?
I do not currently, I think. I will go looking. But I can also breed you a new one from decent enough stock, if you give me a day or two. Feathers might be a little bit of a problem. But let me see what I find, first.
I did find one in the market.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3961520
He has decent on-paper as well. I'm willing to purchase him and sell him to you for $1. Will he work for you?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 am