Community Forum

{EDH} stables (RUS) 8/10/16-2/8/17 Closed.

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: {EDH} stables (RUS)

Post by Farant »

Malakai10 wrote:
Farant wrote:And about green strength. I'm interested in it and I would be pleased if you sometimes write a little note here about how good your strength BR is. I'm curious how fast heavier horses would improve in that stat.
Will do!
Thanks! I'm pretty sure to get heavy foals in every foaling, so I'll keep you in mind and ping about interesting foals.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Farant wrote:Thanks! I'm pretty sure to get heavy foals in every foaling, so I'll keep you in mind and ping about interesting foals.
That would be perfect!
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

I'm pleased to introduce my current breeding herd.

Stallions:
Red Heir

Leading boy. He's frozen to preserve Peak's bloodline, and he's really gorgeous. About 59k HGP, Red Traveler's (do you remember her?) spots, 2 golds and 2 greens. He's not tall, 16.3 hh.
Stone Page

Son of not-too-good stallion Page. He's never been bred, and he's probably never will be, only occasionally. Got very nice head, just something Arabian.
Scarlet Knight

Son of my precious pair Onyx & Peak. Almost 60k HGP, 3 golds, but he's not producing good, only 1 from 6 foals is good enough for me. Yes, I'm picky.
Red Mockingbird

Heir's son. 60k HGP, 3 gold, 1 green. I'm still figuring out how good his children are, but 7 are already here, mostly colts. 17.1 hh, a bit too heavy, stunning color and precious famous pattern included. Don't like his mane, but it's not too bad. He's a big puffy guy.
Here's a link to new great colt. I got him out of Mockingbird, and he might sire several breedings. 4 green, 1 gold.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/564311
And this is his brother, 3 gold 1 green. Will be a sire too.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/564698
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Mares. It's a long story.

Let's start with my active stock.
Traveling Bird

She's a daughter of Frost Eagle, mohawk stallion, and Red Traveler (!). I could rehome her in her childhood because of mane, but decided to give her a chance. She's mother of a Mockingbird and 5 more horses, and she done pretty good for me.
MOHAWK

It's all about mane. She's 14 years old, foaled 8 or 9 times and no mohawk. Sad story. I think I'll buy some mohawk fillies from Whyle and end that torture.
Eternal Thunderbird

Another bird. As you can see, I'm trying to name horses in order to figure out who is his parents. Oh, she's ptetty but not too lucky as a brood. Her foals are still growing and I'm sure that her daughter will do better.
Scarlet Survivor

Peak and Bird's daughter. I'm still thinking about selling her. She gave birth to good but heavy filly, and her HGP and stats are quite low.
Sparkling Ruby

Nice mare. Heir's daughter, rich color and good stats. Foaled only once but showed good potential.
High Queen

Very good mare. Almost 56k HGP, but she's sensitive to stallion's type, I should prefer medium type for her. With heavier mate she gave me heavy filly. Malakai10, it's for you I guess...
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

And here's some young girls who's currently growing on the other pasture.

Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

I rehomed so many foals. I lost count, but it's worth it.

First of all, HGP of my herd is slowly but surely reaches 60k. I already have 64k HGP colt and all new mares are not so far from 60k. And I do think that HGP must be high, it's potential of the horse, so it should be as high as possible. All good stallions are capable to produce foals with higher HGP that itself.
One of Heir's sons, Ruby Salvation, produced extremely good filly, Red Note.
See her BR, it's awesome. She's pony-type and heavy, but I definitely will let her live and flourish.

Red Note

She looks like purebred Belgian foal, and she's Part Deliboz x Arabian [52%].
Good strong filly you've got here should hold up for you. Well, her natural speed is good. Might want to consider racing this one. Wow, you'd be making a mistake not to compete in endurance events with this filly! This filly is very cautious and gracious when she moves. Who needs a watch when you've got this filly, she's got great tempo. Nice filly! Really knows how to keep herself balanced. Appears to be a very agile filly, should do good for you. Bloody filly is smart! Too smart!
Stamina Intelligence Horse Genetic Potential: 57,479

And
Red Emperor

Nice pony-type, medium light colt.
I cannot be certain, but it seems he'll grow into a strong colt. Well, his natural speed is good. Might want to consider racing this one. This colt has great stamina. This colt takes steady, certain strides. Your colt keeps time well. This is one balanced horse! This colt is sprightly, you should be proud! Your colt is sharp as a tack.
Stamina Tempo Balance Agility Intelligence Horse Genetic Potential: 64,415
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

And it's not a pure luck. Another one with good strength.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/565731
Good strong colt you've got here should hold up for you. Real fast colt you've got here! This one can keep going forever! Doesn't even break a sweat. This colt is very cautious and gracious when he moves. This colt is as regular as clockwork. Nice colt! Really knows how to keep himself balanced. Your colt is very nimble. Your colt is sharp as a tack.
Stamina Tempo Balance Intelligence Horse Genetic Potential: 59,731
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

I'm growing my breeding herd. I want to get more foals out of good stallions, but my breeding skills are not high enough. I built another pasture for mares and I want to increase number of mares from 6 to 12. It's because I just can't disqualify even one mare from my current breeding team, they're all nice, but growing fillies are better.
Both my Birds passed away, and Mohawk, and Red Page, my unlucky stallion, is gone too.

Wow, I got him right now! Colt is light, but it's so interesting to read his BR.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/566394
Fairly strong colt, from what I can tell. Well, his natural speed is good. Might want to consider racing this one. Is this a horse or a camel? Your colt moves like the rest of them. This colt keeps time like a musician. This colt could do ballet he has such perfect balance! Your colt should have no problem on an obstacle course. Wow, this is one smart colt. He knows what he's doing after only one lesson!
Stamina Tempo Balance Agility Intelligence Horse Genetic Potential: 63,316
Farant
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

I'm really lucky today. See, my colt is showing high strength. It's a pity he's a little too heavy, but he's my hope.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/566566
This colt won't be winning gold medals at the Olympics, but he's still stronger than your average horse. He isn't the fastest colt around, but he isn't the slowest either. Wow, you'd be making a mistake not to compete in endurance events with this colt! This colt is very average, even in the way he moves. This colt's tempo is like clockwork! This colt could do ballet he has such perfect balance! Your colt could change direction on a dime. Bloody colt is smart! Too smart!
Stamina Balance Agility Intelligence Horse Genetic Potential: 60,540
FrostyViolet
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Farant's stables (RUS)

Post by FrostyViolet »

Farant wrote:Грива растет достаточно долго, лет до пяти-шести. Бельгицы вообще склонны здорово обрастать, но это выглядит естесственно.

Я тут обзавелась жеребцом более легкого типа, чем мои кобылы, и с очень интересной гривой. Думаю, что несколько недель (реального времени) я буду заниматься исключительно разведением, искать свой тип лошади и закреплять его. Тренировки сведу к минимуму (одна-две лошади, чтобы о моем существовании вообще не забывали, собственно, кобылы уже готовы соревноваться), локальные шоу обеспечат меня деньгами и ходами.
Well, it's good to establish a type and breed towards it! It sounds like you're really starting to work towards a goal, which is great! Training only a few horses at a time also sounds like a good plan, I hope to be able to do that with my horses as well! Yeah, local shows also provide me with money and additional turns, they're actually quite important.
What kind of horse do you plan to establish, I wonder? ^.^
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 1:28 pm

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:28 pm