Community Forum

Markings and coat mutations

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Rosalba
Visit My Farm

Markings and coat mutations

Post by Rosalba »

I don't know if this is asked in another thread yet, but what I was wondering is whether white markings, such as blazes and socks, will be included. I have not seen any of those on any of the preview horses. In real life, you can have a 'solid' horse with white markings this way.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Markings and coat mutations

Post by larissar »

Yes all the traditional white markings will be available on the horses. I haven't included them in yet but I've already programmed how they will work :)
Visit My Farm

Post by Guest »

Ah, nice! Looking forward to this game more and more! The first game out there to actually work with dynamic horse types... I was twiddling my thumbs for you guys to make it through the Kickstarter campaign, and now I am assured that every penny invested by the community is well spent! :)
To bug you with just another question: will somatic mutations/point mutations also occur? Think of Calico, Pawprints ('mismarks' in pinto patterns), Brindle, Tetrarch Spots... I would totally love the game without them too, but I am quite curious about the more detailed range of possible effects on the coat color. Also: yes, FINALLY a game to work with color shades rather than just colors. Good job there! :D
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

We're pretty thrilled the Kickstarter succeeded too :)

The plan is to eventually add in all kinds of special markings like the one's you mentioned.
Rosalba
Visit My Farm

Post by Rosalba »

Nice :) Also, how will the 'regular' white markings such as blaze be coded? Will they be inherited through simple dominant and recessive genes or will they be randomly assembled?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

They definitely wont be random. They are the result of many different genes most of which are incomplete dominate but some are also simple dominate.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:33 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:33 pm