Community Forum

Looking for multiple breeds, please contact

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Re: Looking for multiple breeds, please contact

Post by Tjigra »

I believe that that [+1] counts the generations the horse has been bred pure, and so it's not possible for breeds other than ancient have that (100%) mark. The first horse of the created breed, the one created by given "recipe" will have [+1], their offspring (from another parent of the same breed) will be [+2] and so on. I don't think I've seen that (100%) mark on horses other than those from AC.
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

I stand corrected, as I just noticed a not AC horse with [100%] mark. Apparently these are the first generation back-to-purebred horses. The one I noticed had a "part arabian [83%]" dam, and "Arabian [98%]" sire. His son from a "Arabian [+3]" mare was marked as "Arabian [+1]". To see what I am talking about, check this one's pedigree - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/504888
Defasher03
Visit My Farm

Post by Defasher03 »

WILD FLICKA wrote:
Defasher03 wrote:Well yes, but her whole line of family as well, unless that horse had to be mixed in order to create that breed originally. At the top of the horses profile page, you should see a spot on the left that says their breed, and typically, it says, for example, "Arabian [+1]" etc. That implies that the horses blood is impure and has one more breed mixed into its bloodlines. I am looking for horses who say "Arabian [100%]" etc
I thought that the (+1) meant how many generations it had been bred for. I have purebred ancient breeds that have only been bred to other foundations so they could not have other breeds in them.

hmmm..I never thought of it like that, so I suppose there could be some truth to it, but I'm not sure
Defasher03
Visit My Farm

Post by Defasher03 »

Tjigra wrote:I stand corrected, as I just noticed a not AC horse with [100%] mark. Apparently these are the first generation back-to-purebred horses. The one I noticed had a "part arabian [83%]" dam, and "Arabian [98%]" sire. His son from a "Arabian [+3]" mare was marked as "Arabian [+1]". To see what I am talking about, check this one's pedigree - http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/504888
wait, so what does that even mean? lol I am so confused now. Can you explain this in "dummy" terms so I can understand more clearly? :P
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

I am not sure I understand it correctly myself, but I'll try to explain how I see it.
Let's imagine we have adopted a horse, and it's breed says "Arabian [100%]". Now we breed our horse to a grade horse (and let's imagine the grade has no Arabian blood at all, it'll be easier that way). The resulting foal's breed would say "Half Arabian", as it is exactly half Arabian (our grade didn't have any Arabian blood). Then we breed this "Half Arabian" to another "Arabian [100%]". The resulting foal is now 3/4 Arabian, and it's breed will say "Part Arabian [75%]". If we now breed this one to another "Arabian [100%]", we'll end up with "Part Arabian [88%]" (that's actually 87.5%, but I think the numbers are rounded). If we continue the pattern, we up the Arabian percentage with each generation, until we reach the 95% mark - then we lose the "part" and get an "Arabian [95%]" (or more). And apparently, at one point, when we reach a certain %, it stops calculating % altogether and switches to [100%] again. In the case of the horse I mentioned above, if my math is correct, he only has 90.5% of Arabian blood (calculated from his parents' %), meaning his sire is more purebred than himself, yet his sire is [98%], but Quake is [100%], and I am really not sure why.
In the case of [+something], that is the number of generations there are only the one and only breed mentioned as the breeds of the horses in pedigree. If you create a new breed by a recipe, the "created" horse will be marked as, let's say, "Baladi [+1]". If you breed that horse to another "Baladi [+1]", the resulting foal will be "Baladi [+2]", as it is the second generation with only Baladis in the pedigree (his own generation + parents). If you breed a "Baladi [+5]" to a "Baladi [+1]", the result will be "Baladi [+2]" anyway, because no matter how far Baladis go back on one side of the pedigree, you'll find something else on the other side already 3 generations back.
In the case of the abovementioned Quake and his son, however, I am not sure why son turned out [+1], since his sire is "Arabian [100%]", and there are only Arabians in two generations anyway.

One thing I am completely sure - I've hijack a topic and this doesn't belong to "Horses for sale" in any way. I am so sorry.
Defasher03
Visit My Farm

Post by Defasher03 »

Oh my gosh, that makes so much sense now!! I have been trying so hard to figure that out, thank you very much! And don't worry about it haha, no big deal, I really appreciate the explanation. :)
Defasher03
Visit My Farm

Post by Defasher03 »

Defasher03 wrote:I do have purebred Anglo-Arabs and Thoroughbred Horses.I have mares,stallions and fillies.
I looked through them and I appreciate your offer but I am really hoping to find some that say "Anglo-Arab 100%" or "Thoroughbred 100%"[/quote]

Actually, thanks to new information being explained to me, would you be willing to sell this beauty? Or which ones would you sell, and for how much? :D
Defasher03
Visit My Farm

Post by Defasher03 »

Malakai10 wrote:
Defasher03 wrote:Thank you as well for your offer but as she is not 100% Anglo-Arab I couldn't use her
When you refer to 'purebred' do you mean that their parents also have to be that breed? I'm just a bit confused since the game lists her as a purebred.
Please check out Tjigra's posts on here, I was wrong and she did a much better job of explaining it than I could
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Defasher03 wrote:Please check out Tjigra's posts on here, I was wrong and she did a much better job of explaining it than I could
Will do. Thanks.
Defasher03
Visit My Farm

Post by Defasher03 »

Defasher03 wrote:if you have any of the following purebreds :
Thoroughbred filly/mare, and/or colt/stallion,(height between 13.1 & 14.2 hh)
Anglo-Norman filly/mare, (height between 15.2 & 17.0 hh)
Spanish Barb filly/mare and/or colt/stallion, (14.1 to 15.2 hh)
West African Barb filly/mare and or colt/stallion, (height between either 12.0 & 13.2hh, or between 14.0 & 15.1hh)
American Saddlebred filly/mare and/or colt/stallion, (14.0 to 15.1 hh)
Standardbred filly/mare and/or colt/stallion (14.0 to 15.1 hh)
Mustang filly/mare
Andalusian filly/mare and/or colt/stallion (14.0 to 15.1 hh)
Fell filly/mare (preferrably 13.0 to 15.0 hh)
I am willing to pay a very good price and am also up for negotiations and trades. I am in need these for breeding projects and so far I have not been able to find many that fit my parameters. Heights are not necessary but are preferred. Will do breed evals to see if they fit. Thank you for your time! :D

Still looking for all of these!! (Please ignore the rest of the discussion as it is in the wrong forum. This ^^^ is still relevant) :D
Last edited by Defasher03 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 4:08 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:08 am