Community Forum

Opalite Ranch - Diluted Akhal Tekes

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Re: Opalite Ranch - Diluted Akhal Tekes

Post by Farant »

hex4kit wrote:
Farant wrote: Do you keep track or something?
Yes, I have a huge spreadsheet :)
In Excel?)
hex4kit
Visit My Farm

Post by hex4kit »

Farant wrote:
hex4kit wrote:
Yes, I have a huge spreadsheet :)
In Excel?)
I have it in Google Sheets
Basically, it's the horse, comments if I have any, Family (which is a letter for each horses and then I put them together for the foals), Breed, Breed %, GP, Number of gold stats, number of green stats, and coat grade on 5
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

hex4kit wrote:I have it in Google Sheets
Basically, it's the horse, comments if I have any, Family (which is a letter for each horses and then I put them together for the foals), Breed, Breed %, GP, Number of gold stats, number of green stats, and coat grade on 5
Well, it's good!
I started that some time ago, but lost some time. I just don't know how to sort all this/ I write all my breedings in the copybook. I write name of the stallion and some details. Under him I write mares' names and details about foals: gender, build, rehomed or not. But it's a mess. I sort my horses very often, and it's hard to keep track of them before maturity - I can erase any. I just don't know how to organize that.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Tell me, after that age mane will not change? I guess it may change now? http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/616254
hex4kit
Visit My Farm

Post by hex4kit »

Farant wrote:
Tell me, after that age mane will not change? I guess it may change now? http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/616254
It can grow longer but the type of mane can't change :)
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

hex4kit wrote:
Farant wrote: Tell me, after that age mane will not change? I guess it may change now? http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/616254
Yeah. I should look for mohawk after 3 years. I had a hope she'll have a mohawk.))
hex4kit
Visit My Farm

Post by hex4kit »

Farant wrote:
hex4kit wrote:
Yeah. I should look for mohawk after 3 years. I had a hope she'll have a mohawk.))
I feel you lmao, I'm watching my mohawk babies every turn because I want them to be homozygous so bad
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

hex4kit wrote:I feel you lmao, I'm watching my mohawk babies every turn because I want them to be homozygous so bad
I think there's no point. I have some babies out of mohawk stallion, and I guess I'll check them at 3 years. But if they'll be mohawk, there's great work to include mohawk in my lines. I guess I need 2 or 3 generations only to get some good mares with that kind of mane to include them in herd.
But I used Bita's horses, and it was great. I had good stallions with mohawk. Looong time ago.
hex4kit
Visit My Farm

Post by hex4kit »

Farant wrote:
hex4kit wrote:I feel you lmao, I'm watching my mohawk babies every turn because I want them to be homozygous so bad
I think there's no point. I have some babies out of mohawk stallion, and I guess I'll check them at 3 years. But if they'll be mohawk, there's great work to include mohawk in my lines. I guess I need 2 or 3 generations only to get some good mares with that kind of mane to include them in herd.
But I used Bita's horses, and it was great. I had good stallions with mohawk. Looong time ago.
There's no point in checking them everyday, you're right, but I prefer to do so and rehome them as soon as a regular mane pops so that I have more space
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

hex4kit wrote:There's no point in checking them everyday, you're right, but I prefer to do so and rehome them as soon as a regular mane pops so that I have more space
Oh, I forgot about that.)
Did you ever seen horses with Horse-type, medium heavy build?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:21 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:21 pm