Community Forum

Black Oak Farms

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Farms

Post by BlackOak2 »

HorseBrett wrote:
HorseBrett wrote:
Thank you BlackOak2 i owe you
:D You owe me nothing.
This is just something the community has been known to do when accidents like this happen. Helps to soften the blow, because we all know what it's like.

And, in the future, you'll understand from the other end as well and if you're in position, maybe you'll do the same for another individual that's felt the stings of unfortunate clicks. :roll:

Good luck with him. Sorry I didn't get a chance to finish training, but he's almost fully trained already. Even as is, he should be able to do something in competitions if that's your aim. And finishing his training wouldn't take too long, even with no skills learned.

8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
brettdiesel
Visit My Farm

Post by brettdiesel »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HorseBrett wrote: Thank you BlackOak2 i owe you
:D You owe me nothing.
This is just something the community has been known to do when accidents like this happen. Helps to soften the blow, because we all know what it's like.

And, in the future, you'll understand from the other end as well and if you're in position, maybe you'll do the same for another individual that's felt the stings of unfortunate clicks. :roll:

Good luck with him. Sorry I didn't get a chance to finish training, but he's almost fully trained already. Even as is, he should be able to do something in competitions if that's your aim. And finishing his training wouldn't take too long, even with no skills learned.

8-)
Thank you :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:...
I can't view my private messages right now. Showing me an exceptions error page.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
NekoCookie
Visit My Farm

Post by NekoCookie »

BlackOak2 wrote:.
Hello! Long time since we last spoke - I hope life has been kind to you! I have been struggling to find the time and energy to log in and play. I ended up catching covid sometime in October last year and have been struggling since. It seems I get sick much easier thanks to that, so spring and the allergy season is going to be fun to deal with.

How have you been?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

NekoCookie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:43 am
BlackOak2 wrote:.
Hello! Long time since we last spoke - I hope life has been kind to you! I have been struggling to find the time and energy to log in and play. I ended up catching covid sometime in October last year and have been struggling since. It seems I get sick much easier thanks to that, so spring and the allergy season is going to be fun to deal with.

How have you been?
Hanging in there. It seems like I'm dragging a bit too, recently. Sorry to hear you caught that! But good to hear you survived. :D Too quickly covid can go from just a little sickie to hospital to... yeah. Still very dangerous.

Overall, however... I struggle to find nice things to say recently. Got to get mowing done with a machine that doesn't want to work (rider), another machine that can't literally cut it (walk behind) and too much rain that makes it hard to get anything done! So, I'm sure you can imagine just what type of words I've been accustoming myself to recently. :lol:

On the down side (is there an up side this year in real life??? Hah!), got some vegies dropped for this year. Family is still alive and kicking so far and scheduled appointments have flattened out for the moment (next one is in a few weeks for this chauffeur :roll: ).

As far as the game is going, I've been busy with other things to do much more than stalk the forums. But, I still make time to do that much at least. 8-)

It's good to hear you're still kicking.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
NekoCookie
Visit My Farm

Post by NekoCookie »

BlackOak2 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:04 pm Hanging in there. It seems like I'm dragging a bit too, recently. Sorry to hear you caught that! But good to hear you survived. :D Too quickly covid can go from just a little sickie to hospital to... yeah. Still very dangerous.

Overall, however... I struggle to find nice things to say recently. Got to get mowing done with a machine that doesn't want to work (rider), another machine that can't literally cut it (walk behind) and too much rain that makes it hard to get anything done! So, I'm sure you can imagine just what type of words I've been accustoming myself to recently. :lol:

On the down side (is there an up side this year in real life??? Hah!), got some vegies dropped for this year. Family is still alive and kicking so far and scheduled appointments have flattened out for the moment (next one is in a few weeks for this chauffeur :roll: ).

As far as the game is going, I've been busy with other things to do much more than stalk the forums. But, I still make time to do that much at least. 8-)

It's good to hear you're still kicking.
Very dangerous, I am very thankful to still be kicking! I am very blessed that my case was not severe, and that my husband kicked my stubborn butt to get myself looked at by a doctor.

Oh fun, love when machines begin to act up and malfunction. *Big sarcasm, obviously* I too have picked up somewhat of a sailor's mouth. Mostly when tempers flare, emotions are difficult to handle. I had a moment while cooking, I'm surprised my pan didn't turn red. :oops: I hope you are able to get your mowers fixed with whatever issues they are having - as for the weather, well unfortunately all we can do is wait for it to clear itself up.

I am happy to hear your family is well! Appointments are hectic, so it is good that yours have flattened out.

I seem to stalk the forums more often than I actually play. Oops. But I have been quite happy to see the community thriving. I can't even recall the last time I came across a "privet stud/rehome" post, which I am relieved for. Everyone is so kind to each other now, it really makes me smile to see such understanding and maturity between players.
On another note however, I managed to pop out a 44k and a 45k HGP foal. My surprise is just as big as my wariness on how the heck I jumped between genetic potentials so fast. I was perfectly content to churn out 40-43ks for upwards of a year, then this happened. Oh how projects love to stump us.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

NekoCookie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:57 am
Very dangerous, I am very thankful to still be kicking! I am very blessed that my case was not severe, and that my husband kicked my stubborn butt to get myself looked at by a doctor.

Oh fun, love when machines begin to act up and malfunction. *Big sarcasm, obviously* I too have picked up somewhat of a sailor's mouth. Mostly when tempers flare, emotions are difficult to handle. I had a moment while cooking, I'm surprised my pan didn't turn red. :oops: I hope you are able to get your mowers fixed with whatever issues they are having - as for the weather, well unfortunately all we can do is wait for it to clear itself up.

I am happy to hear your family is well! Appointments are hectic, so it is good that yours have flattened out.

I seem to stalk the forums more often than I actually play. Oops. But I have been quite happy to see the community thriving. I can't even recall the last time I came across a "privet stud/rehome" post, which I am relieved for. Everyone is so kind to each other now, it really makes me smile to see such understanding and maturity between players.
On another note however, I managed to pop out a 44k and a 45k HGP foal. My surprise is just as big as my wariness on how the heck I jumped between genetic potentials so fast. I was perfectly content to churn out 40-43ks for upwards of a year, then this happened. Oh how projects love to stump us.
That could be that you've finally emptied out the worst of the bad genes, or that those two foals are showing the best or near the best that your herd has to offer at this point. If you do breed from them, don't be surprised if they never have foals that top them.

But yes, our projects on here are quite like what we'd come across in real life (with a handful of exceptions and no really big surprises, like popping a top-racehorse from two unknown and mediocre thoroughbreds from backyard breeders).

It really does fulfill that OCD-like desire of seeing where things end up.

Yeah, the forums have been quite nice recently. I don't know if the private stud and rehome issues are done and done or if our players are just more mindful of it overall. Really, it's not going to see it's end until broodmare approval comes into play. And I think with the help-base we have here, the rehome feature gets a lot more use because they don't need to sell their rather mediocre foal stock to make extra monies. We give them what they need to survive, for free.

Summer is just around the corner, we'll have a number of returnees and newbies for when school starts and also those that'll be leaving for the summer because they'll be without computers. Funny how that shift occurs. :lol:

And with all the new changes from admin, hay-ly creepers! Let all the horses out and run for those hills, we'll have our hands full with that. :P Fun-fun... :?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm