Community Forum

Black Oak Farms

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Farms

Post by BlackOak2 »

Alyssa Davis wrote:...
Clear your private messages. :)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Alyssa Davis wrote:...
Clear your private messages. :)
Give me just a minute :D
"There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." - Samwise Gamgee
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Dauntless Project

So... Just been trucking right along for the time being. For the first time, the first negative foods-stuff requirements has arrived. Still unsure whether I want to use him as a stud or not. With the pulling of the other two 10% energy studs (and probably more because of the introduction of a few fresh AC stock horses), no other 10% energy horses have appeared.
But what would happen if I introduced this horse's blood into the project? Did I miss the negative foods-stuff requirements from a parent horse of the two 10% energy studs? Are either of these related?

I think, for now, I'll run some preliminary tests to see first about if I can still manipulate his weight. Because if is weight is permanently stuck where he's at and he can never lose weight, then he doesn't have acceptable genes anyway.

Backwards

Stats
Age at time of recording: 5 years, 7.6 months
BE 5/EK 5
Height: 21.3 hh
Max feed: 91.7 kg
Grazing: -3006%

Regular Feed: -0.2kg to -0.4kg

Edit.

Make that first and second.
Here's the second stallion.
Upside Down

Stats
Age at time of recording: 5 years, 7.1 months
BE 5/EK 5
Height: 21.3 hh
Max feed: 92.2 kg
Grazing: -1856%

Regular Feed: -0.3kg to -0.7kg

I will be sending both of them through identical tests to see if there's any differences that might pop up. -_-
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Record of testing on negative studs.

First: in barn, with no food added
After a single turn, both horses lost weight (going from Very Fat to Fat) and both now have positive foods-stuffs requirements and also both have displayed 10% energy.
Second: move to 100% quality pasture with no food added
After a number of turns (three additional), as my suspicions suggested, both of these stallions ARE 10% energy studs. I be aging them out only and not including them into my rotations otherwise.

In the midst of testing these two new negative studs, another 10% energy stud has appeared. I will be (as like the others) culling his foals from my program and pulling him from breeding rotation permanently.

Shore Dauntless
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Dauntless Project

All of these error horses do go back to my one foundation stud:

Jagged

Whether that is meaningful or whether that's just a coincidence (I only have two foundation studs, I think) I simply don't know. I know from the first time around, all of these horses eventually displayed the same error, but I simply don't know if it's because it's somehow genetically linked, or whether it's in the code and every horse that's pushed along these feeding requirement lines will eventually suffer from it... *shrugs*

But I'm making note of it anyway. Unless I'm mistaken (I'm not going through all of them currently) but every horse I have in this project are linked back to him AND ALSO the other foundation stud.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

racehorse wrote:...
I missed doing it last time, but this time around I entered two of your 'Don't Enter' competitions.

Sorry about that.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:...
I'm temporarily down from upgrade. Need another 67 PT to upgrade for 6 months. Probably take me a day or two to grind it. :D I'll read your messages then.

Just an FYI that it'll be more than just a couple of hours. :roll:
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Lol, that's fine. I just wanted to let you know that the filly is ready:

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3515490

And see what you thought about this interesting mare:

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3523236

I'm curious to know your thoughts on her before I voice my own. (Color wise, in case that wasn't clear.)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Lol, that's fine. I just wanted to let you know that the filly is ready:

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3515490

And see what you thought about this interesting mare:

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3523236

I'm curious to know your thoughts on her before I voice my own. (Color wise, in case that wasn't clear.)
:D Yeah, that wouldn't have been too clear! :lol:

Thank you again for the filly, will be comp'ing her and she'll be ready to donate.

Chestnut dun pangare... with sooty. Unknown with sooty being progressive or not... she's still a bit young to see any changes... but I've seen these types from the AC before and they seem to often become pseudo-blacks. Quite a nice find. Definitely not a glitch (at least the sooty chestnut anyway).
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: Chestnut dun pangare... with sooty. Unknown with sooty being progressive or not... she's still a bit young to see any changes... but I've seen these types from the AC before and they seem to often become pseudo-blacks. Quite a nice find. Definitely not a glitch (at least the sooty chestnut anyway).
I agree with the chestnut, pangare, and sooty, but am on the fence about the dun. She doesn't have any leg barring, or the light spots on her ankles, and the "dorsal stripe" could easily be from her sooty. I'm not good at detecting the faint body masks so I'll defer to your expertise there, but apart from base shade she doesn't scream "dun" to me. :?

Whatever the case, I'll be breeding her to non-duns so if dun does pop up I'll know where it's from. :lol:

(Also, I almost didn't want to let that filly go. She's just so darn pretty right now! Oh, and I would say she got cream instead of pearl from her dad because of the shade her bronzing is giving her.)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 1:14 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:14 pm