Community Forum

Opinions needed!

Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Opinions needed!

Post by Argent »

Bombicilla wrote:Also, about the money. There is a bug, based on the fact that money for the purse of the competition is collected only when created. It allows you to have as much money as you want, especially if you own an unique breed. Looking at the gap between the Argent and other players in the top of the earnings, it's easy to guess that he used it. Don`t speak that you don`t use it.
Yes, I also used it, so I know what I'm talking about. Now I stopped doing this and decided to let the money for charity and the development of breeds.
No. I didn't use any bug. I created shows with high payouts and relatively small entry fees which were open to anyone to enter. After losing so many times, most players chose not to. The same thing happened in shows run by other players that I entered my horses into. The largest payout show I made was actually a joke and to test whether there was a bug in the system -- unfortunately when I asked the admin to delete the show after it ran, she told me that would require an unreasonable amount of work on her part.
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

Argent wrote:
Bombicilla wrote:Also, about the money. There is a bug, based on the fact that money for the purse of the competition is collected only when created. It allows you to have as much money as you want, especially if you own an unique breed. Looking at the gap between the Argent and other players in the top of the earnings, it's easy to guess that he used it. Don`t speak that you don`t use it.
Yes, I also used it, so I know what I'm talking about. Now I stopped doing this and decided to let the money for charity and the development of breeds.
No. I didn't use any bug. I created shows with high payouts and relatively small entry fees which were open to anyone to enter. After losing so many times, most players chose not to. The same thing happened in shows run by other players that I entered my horses into. The largest payout show I made was actually a joke and to test whether there was a bug in the system -- unfortunately when I asked the admin to delete the show after it ran, she told me that would require an unreasonable amount of work on her part.
This is what I'm talking about.
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

Kayaine wrote:If there is no rule against it, which there is not, then it is player preference. It is not right to try to force your play style on other players. Argent is neither correct nor incorrect in the way they are choosing to play. I can see why you are upset about it, but there is nothing wrong with this playing style. Titles are pretty. How they are obtained doesn't matter as long as it is not cheating, and this is not by any current rules.

It is somewhat similar to going to a large horse show and finding out you may be the only entrant in a class with 10 other people who all ride at the same stable. They paid their dues to be there just like you. If at the same show, you weren't in that class, those 10 players compete against themselves even though they are from the same stable. Does this typically happen? No. But when it does, there is nothing wrong with it.

If Argent had made it impossible for other players to enter, I could maybe understand the problem, but as that was/is not possible, then it is a choice of play style. Something that NO player should ever be attacked for.
Cheating is just a play style? Lol, ok
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Bombicilla wrote:Cheating is just a play style? Lol, ok
You are bizarre and confused... :roll:
Kazuko
Visit My Farm

Post by Kazuko »

I entered in a race and I was the only one but I still havent recieved the money yet...why?
KayaineII
Visit My Farm

Post by KayaineII »

Kazuko wrote:I entered in a race and I was the only one but I still havent recieved the money yet...why?
This would be more appropriate in the questions forum. As for the question, a race would require 5 horses to run. When 5 entries are achieved, the race will run and prize money will be handed out accordingly.
alaskangirl
Visit My Farm

Post by alaskangirl »

Yes,I say it is!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 8:19 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:19 pm