Community Forum

Earth Creek Ranch [closed]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Lunar_Stables21
Visit My Farm

Re: |Earth Creek Ranch|*Farm Log* Spotted Belgian Project COMPLETE!

Post by Lunar_Stables21 »

Aw thats so cute!!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

End of the Belgian Era for ECR

Post by JillJessie1997 »

I have completed my spotted Belgian program. It has been a joy for the past 2 months breeding color into what is an awesome draft breed and I have met all of the goals for the project. I have a huge stock clean out sale for the Belgians over at my sales page ----> http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =15&t=9693 scroll around the fields and see if there's anything you guys like!

I have also completed the main goals as listed for the Arabian program, but have expanded the goals to include breeding six and seven stats for both the females and males, so will still be working with them. I won't update progress for the Danish Warmblood projects until I have them breeding pure, which won't be long now.

I have partnered with cassietaylor27 to begin breeding quality Quarter Horses that will replace the Belgians. Speaking of...
cassietaylor27 wrote:ping
Hi there! Decided that I would mention you now that we're partners :D This is my farm log and I thought we could use this to talk to eachother as needed besides the chatroom. What do you say? :)
Last edited by JillJessie1997 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Re: End of the Belgian Era for ECR

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:I have completed my spotted Belgian program. It has been a joy for the past 2 months breeding color into what is an awesome draft breed and I have met all of the goals for the project. I have a huge stock clean out sale for the Belgians over at my sales page ----> http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =15&t=9693 scroll around the fields and see if there's anything you guys like!

I have also completed the main goals as listed for the Arabian program, but have expanded the goals to include breeding six and seven stats for both the females and males, so will still be working with them. I won't update progress for the Danish Warmblood projects until I have them breeding pure, which won't be long now.

I have partnered with casietaylor27 to begin breeding quality Quarter Horses that will replace the Belgians. Speaking of...
casietaylor27 wrote:ping
Hi there! Decided that I would mention you now that we're partners :D This is my farm log and I thought we could use this to talk to eachother as needed besides the chatroom. What do you say? :)
JillJessie1997 wrote:ping
Did I get the ping right? I think I didn't get the notification because you spelled my username wrong.. lol it's cassietaylor27, two s's... but that's fine! :D This is a great place to chat!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:I have completed my spotted Belgian program. It has been a joy for the past 2 months breeding color into what is an awesome draft breed and I have met all of the goals for the project. I have a huge stock clean out sale for the Belgians over at my sales page ----> http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =15&t=9693 scroll around the fields and see if there's anything you guys like!

I have partnered with cassietaylor27 to begin breeding quality Quarter Horses that will replace the Belgians. Speaking of...

JillJessie1997 wrote:ping
Did I get the ping right? I think I didn't get the notification because you spelled my username wrong.. lol it's cassietaylor27, two s's... but that's fine! :D This is a great place to chat!
Yeah you did! I just posted a photo on other forum to help you out just as I got this notification...:lol: And I fixed the spelling error xD
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:

Yeah you did! I just posted a photo on other forum to help you out just as I got this notification...:lol: And I fixed the spelling error xD
Great! The ping worked! Thanks for all your help!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Ready To Start!

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Hey you! I'm ready to start! I didn't get all the Belgians sold but I'm so anxious to begin I just moved them to the sales pasture and somebody will either place best offers or they'll die :twisted: But anyway, yeah, let's begin!

What goals would you like to attain for our project?
I like to write out each goal in the pasture info to keep track. I know 5* is one of the goals but 4* is okay as long as it's height, not body size. Are there any specific disciplines you'd like to breed the horses towards? Gold/green stats? High genetic potential? Certain coat colors? etc You get the point :lol: Just let me know so I can fill out in the pasture info and on the farm log ok? ;)
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Re: Ready To Start!

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Hey you! I'm ready to start! I didn't get all the Belgians sold but I'm so anxious to begin I just moved them to the sales pasture and somebody will either place best offers or they'll die :twisted: But anyway, yeah, let's begin!

I like to write out each goal in the pasture info to keep track. I know 5* is one of the goals but 4* is okay as long as it's height, not body size. Are there any specific disciplines you'd like to breed the horses towards? Gold/green stats? High genetic potential? Certain coat colors? etc You get the point :lol: Just let me know so I can fill out in the pasture info and on the farm log ok? ;)
Sure definitely!! That's a great idea to get out goals in mind! You're right about the conformation evaluation, I totally agree! 4* is ok as long as it's height. Disciplines- hmm... I love barrel racing and pole bending, why not western sports? Is that ok with you? Definitly as many stats and as high genetic potential as possible! Maybe at least one gold and two green and GP 50k or higher? I don't really care about coat colors.. so let me know your opinions!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:

Sure definitely!! That's a great idea to get out goals in mind! You're right about the conformation evaluation, I totally agree! 4* is ok as long as it's height. Disciplines- hmm... I love barrel racing and pole bending, why not western sports? Is that ok with you? Definitly as many stats and as high genetic potential as possible! Maybe at least one gold and two green and GP 50k or higher? I don't really care about coat colors.. so let me know your opinions!
Well since we're gonna breed Quarter Horses true to their standard that means they'll be suitable for western sports. I like pole bending and barrels myself, I also like reining and cutting, but reining a lot more than cutting (western equivalent of dressage <3) so let's focus on breeding towards those 3. That means we will be breeding towards for these stats:

Barrel Racing Agility, Speed, Strength, Balance
Pole Bending Speed, Agility, Intelligence, Balance
Reining Agility, Strength, Movement, Balance

As you can see, they all require agility and balance! The most important stats are first though. So agility, agility and speed. We have better chances of getting golds/greens in agility, speed, intelligence, and balance as getting even greens in strength or movement is quite difficult still. If you want, we can work from scratch or cross with my Arab stallions who have high GP and many golds/greens (in fact, one of my stallions up for stud has 6 golds and 69k+ gp), but that method would require a few generations to breed back to pure Quarter Horse (plus I have no clue what my Arabs rate for Quarab :lol:, might accidentally breed one of those xD). Your choice!

I love appaloosa colors, dapples, and all the dilutions (one of the double creams makes the horse appear white, had a couple of Belgians with that combo). But coat color is low on my list of priorities. Speaking of priorities...we should put in order which goals are the most important for us to achieve first. (As you can see on the front page of my farm log, that's what I did with my Arabian project, I accomplished all the goals that are now struck out and have the new goal listed).
For example:
1. 5* scores
2. Breeder's Report (gold/greens, high HGP
3. Showing
4. Coat color
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Well since we're gonna breed Quarter Horses true to their standard that means they'll be suitable for western sports. I like pole bending and barrels myself, I also like reining and cutting, but reining a lot more than cutting (western equivalent of dressage <3) so let's focus on breeding towards those 3. That means we will be breeding towards for these stats:

Barrel Racing Agility, Speed, Strength, Balance
Pole Bending Speed, Agility, Intelligence, Balance
Reining Agility, Strength, Movement, Balance

As you can see, they all require agility and balance! The most important stats are first though. So agility, agility and speed. We have better chances of getting golds/greens in agility, speed, intelligence, and balance as getting even greens in strength or movement is quite difficult still. If you want, we can work from scratch or cross with my Arab stallions who have high GP and many golds/greens (in fact, one of my stallions up for stud has 6 golds and 69k+ gp), but that method would require a few generations to breed back to pure Quarter Horse (plus I have no clue what my Arabs rate for Quarab :lol:, might accidentally breed one of those xD). Your choice!

I love appaloosa colors, dapples, and all the dilutions (one of the double creams makes the horse appear white, had a couple of Belgians with that combo). But coat color is low on my list of priorities. Speaking of priorities...we should put in order which goals are the most important for us to achieve first. (As you can see on the front page of my farm log, that's what I did with my Arabian project, I accomplished all the goals that are now struck out and have the new goal listed).
For example:
1. 5* scores
2. Breeder's Report (gold/greens, high HGP
3. Showing
4. Coat color
Wow sorry I'm answering so late! I didn't see your message!
I agree 100% with everything you said!
I think we should do barrels, poles, and reining and do our project in the order you have. I agree totally!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

[Ignore]

Post by JillJessie1997 »

[Ignore Double Post]
Last edited by JillJessie1997 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:34 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:34 pm