Community Forum

Earth Creek Ranch [closed]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Ready To Start!

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:Wow sorry I'm answering so late! I didn't see your message!
I agree 100% with everything you said!
I think we should do barrels, poles, and reining and do our project in the order you have. I agree totally!
Hahah it's alright! I'll write all of this up in my pasture info and the farm log.
I'm going to be militant about those evaluation scores just so you know, any foals with 4* in body size will be culled :twisted:
Last edited by JillJessie1997 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Completed Programs Listed Here

Post by JillJessie1997 »

I don't want to clutter the front page of the ranch log so all programs completed will be listed on this post.

Arabian:

The goal was to produce quality Arabians with high genetic potential, mostly gold stats and a variety of coat colors. The listed animals best represent this project.

Belgian:

The goal was to produce spotted coat Belgians with no red stats while keeping their COI under 50%. The listed animals best represent this project.

Last edited by JillJessie1997 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:20 am, edited 7 times in total.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Re: Earth Creek Ranch

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:ping
So I just bought this guy

He's 83% Part Quarter Horse....he rates 4* for Quarter Horse, height is the problem, 54,183 GP, gold intelligence and green agility. I'm having trouble finding females that meet my criteria :roll: Would you like me to put him up for stud so you can breed your mares to him and get a couple colts/fillies we could use? :D
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Re: Ready To Start!

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:Wow sorry I'm answering so late! I didn't see your message!
I agree 100% with everything you said!
I think we should do barrels, poles, and reining and do our project in the order you have. I agree totally!
Hahah it's alright! I'll write all of this up in my pasture info and the farm log.
I'm going to be militant about those evaluation scores just so you know, any foals with 4* in body size will be culled :twisted:
Lol okay I'll do the same thing... to foals. 3 or my mares are 4* and have their body size too small, but I need them :? r u starting breeding Quarters completely from scratch?
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:ping
So I just bought this guy

He's 83% Part Quarter Horse....he rates 4* for Quarter Horse, height is the problem, 54,183 GP, gold intelligence and green agility. I'm having trouble finding females that meet my criteria :roll: Would you like me to put him up for stud so you can breed your mares to him and get a couple colts/fillies we could use? :D
YES PLEASE! He's perfect for my mare that's 4* but too short! only thing is, All my mares are currently pregnant so I have to wait until they pop! :D
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:YES PLEASE! He's perfect for my mare that's 4* but too short! only thing is, All my mares are currently pregnant so I have to wait until they pop! :D
Okay ;) How much shall I put him up for? We could make the line private for now but that means I put a pretty pricey stud fee on him. Or I could put him for $1. Your choice!
To respond to a question from your previous message, yes I'm starting to breed Quarter Horses, problem is I'm not having luck finding females at least 4* :mad:
I might have to settle for another Part QH.

Edit:
went searching the market again and picked up this purebred QH mare. Eval came out 4/5 height being the problem so I immediately bought her WITHOUT checking her exact height.

Lovely stud is 17.1 hands.
She's 18.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I bred her to the stud and will cull anything that isn't tall colts. We can use this as part of the foundation to getting all 5*. Sound like a plan? :D

Edit #2:

Bought this purebred QH filly now turned mare

rated 4* again height being it, this time I read :lol: she's 13.2 hands which is also perfect for our lovely guy. She also has a gold intelligence and green tempo. She has been bred to the stud ;)
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:YES PLEASE! He's perfect for my mare that's 4* but too short! only thing is, All my mares are currently pregnant so I have to wait until they pop! :D
Okay ;) How much shall I put him up for? We could make the line private for now but that means I put a pretty pricey stud fee on him. Or I could put him for $1. Your choice!
To respond to a question from your previous message, yes I'm starting to breed Quarter Horses, problem is I'm not having luck finding females at least 4* :mad:
I might have to settle for another Part QH.

Edit:
went searching the market again and picked up this purebred QH mare. Eval came out 4/5 height being the problem so I immediately bought her WITHOUT checking her exact height.

Lovely stud is 17.1 hands.
She's 18.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I bred her to the stud and will cull anything that isn't tall colts. We can use this as part of the foundation to getting all 5*. Sound like a plan? :D

Edit #2:

Bought this purebred QH filly now turned mare

rated 4* again height being it, this time I read :lol: she's 13.2 hands which is also perfect for our lovely guy. She also has a gold intelligence and green tempo. She has been bred to the stud ;)
Wow this is so awesome you're finding all these great mares! lol you took them all off the market so I got left with the 3* :lol: I'm jk ;) Hows the breeding going??
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:Wow this is so awesome you're finding all these great mares! lol you took them all off the market so I got left with the 3* :lol: I'm jk ;) Hows the breeding going??
Hahahaha I knew you were jk :P I lost my premium status so I have to log off every second it feels like to regain turns :( and I only have 315 tokens so it'll be a long while before I can upgrade again :lol: I'm almost close to levelling so that'll help...

Let me know when your pregnant mares are not so pregnant and I'll put the stud up for whatever fee you want :P
As far as the breeding, the tall mare is almost ready to pop...1 season left to go :p 2 seasons for the younger one
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:Wow this is so awesome you're finding all these great mares! lol you took them all off the market so I got left with the 3* :lol: I'm jk ;) Hows the breeding going??
Hahahaha I knew you were jk :P I lost my premium status so I have to log off every second it feels like to regain turns :( and I only have 315 tokens so it'll be a long while before I can upgrade again :lol: I'm almost close to levelling so that'll help...

Let me know when your pregnant mares are not so pregnant and I'll put the stud up for whatever fee you want :P
Ok sounds awesome! thats sad you lost your status :( I have two things to ask you- #1, once your premium again can you evaluate all my Quarter horses to see what their stats are? like how high their speed, strength, etc is? #2, How do you post links on here? I can't copy the link from my address bar because it is hidden. What if I want to show you a horse? Oh!! I'm so excited because I bought a 4* mare, and her body size is large! I know what you're thinking lol, but I'm going to keep her because basically all the studs on the market have small body sizes, so her foals should even out! Idk, I'll let you know how that goes!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:Ok sounds awesome! thats sad you lost your status :( I have two things to ask you- #1, once your premium again can you evaluate all my Quarter horses to see what their stats are? like how high their speed, strength, etc is? #2, How do you post links on here? I can't copy the link from my address bar because it is hidden. What if I want to show you a horse? Oh!! I'm so excited because I bought a 4* mare, and her body size is large! I know what you're thinking lol, but I'm going to keep her because basically all the studs on the market have small body sizes, so her foals should even out! Idk, I'll let you know how that goes!
Sure, I'll do that :P
Hm to post links of horses you have to find a way to make the address bar unhidden.
But otherwise, go to the profile of whatever horse you want to link, and (agian, you need the address bar visible) find the 6 digit code at the end. Copy it. Then come here on the forum and click on the horse= button next to center and strike, should give you: [horse=][/horse]
Copy and paste the 6 digit code after the equal sign in [horse=]

Like this without the *
[horse=*742446][/horse]
That'll link the horse's image which is also clickable and can take people to the profile of the horse. ;)
And I wasn't thinking about trying to steal your new mare or anything :P

And to post links in general, again you need the address bar hahaha, then you just copy it in *link here*
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:42 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:42 pm