Community Forum

Earth Creek Ranch [closed]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Re: Earth Creek Ranch

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:Haha! IM SO EXCITED!! I found a 5* Quarter mare on the market and grabbed her! And I bred her with my 5* stud- I CANT WAIT to see her foals!!!!!!! So happy! She's in my Quarter Horse Mares pasture if you want to check her out! I wish I could do links :(
Congrats! I'll check her out right now :D Do you want me to keep my stud up or no?
Sure! I bred him with my short mare since she dropped her foal, can't wait to see the results! You can keep him up as long as you'd like, I'll probably be using him a lot!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Congrats! I'll check her out right now :D Do you want me to keep my stud up or no?
Sure! I bred him with my short mare since she dropped her foal, can't wait to see the results! You can keep him up as long as you'd like, I'll probably be using him a lot!
I have 1 turn now....am I gonna use it? Yep.
Earned 5 days winning in the local shows, take a turn and my money making king (Belgian I retired a long time ago) dies :mad:

P.S. Beautiful new mare you got there!
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Earned 5 days winning in the local shows, take a turn and my money making king (Belgian I retired a long time ago) dies :mad:

Aww man :shock: That's just great.... (being sarcastic) Thanks! I'm glad you like my new mare! If you want, I can give you a 5* filly if she has one!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:

Aww man :shock: That's just great.... (being sarcastic) Thanks! I'm glad you like my new mare! If you want, I can give you a 5* filly if she has one!
Morning! Yeah I figured you were being sarcastic ;) And sure I'll take a filly, that'd be great! Speaking of foaling, another Arab mare foaled....had to rehome it because it was a colt :( but the sire also earned his place at the holding farm. Colt had six stats (5 gold, 1 green) with almost 70k gp :D But I had to breed the parents again and I'm sure the mare's getting exhausted cuz she's 22 :lol: but I need her to drop me a quality filly before I stop....and she won't stop being bred until she does her job :twisted:
Getting so aggravated with all the colts born, I only have ONE six stat mare whom I keeep breeding with my plentiful 6 stat stallions, great colts are produced, but the fillies are CRAP. :mad:
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Morning! Yeah I figured you were being sarcastic ;) And sure I'll take a filly, that'd be great! Speaking of foaling, another Arab mare foaled....had to rehome it because it was a colt :( but the sire also earned his place at the holding farm. Colt had six stats (5 gold, 1 green) with almost 70k gp :D But I had to breed the parents again and I'm sure the mare's getting exhausted cuz she's 22 :lol: but I need her to drop me a quality filly before I stop....and she won't stop being bred until she does her job :twisted:
Getting so aggravated with all the colts born, I only have ONE six stat mare whom I keeep breeding with my plentiful 6 stat stallions, great colts are produced, but the fillies are CRAP. :mad:
Boy does that sound frustrating!!!! :? I hope you get a filly soon! Oh! I put up a stallion for stud that's 4* because he's too short, you can use him if you want! And i'll let you know if and when I get a 5* filly ;) How are things going with you? Have any notable Quarters yet? Also, I think we should start training the best colts we have from birth so we can show and win some competitions!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Boy does that sound frustrating!!!! :? I hope you get a filly soon! Oh! I put up a stallion for stud that's 4* because he's too short, you can use him if you want! And i'll let you know if and when I get a 5* filly ;) How are things going with you? Have any notable Quarters yet? Also, I think we should start training the best colts we have from birth so we can show and win some competitions!
Nothing yet, they're still pregnant, but I hope I get something good...I better xD I just ran out of turns though so have to wait until those come back :roll: I agree with you with training the best colts, I also think we should train our best fillies too :)
Another Arabian foaled (the dam of the colt I linked here last night) and I got a filly.....with 63k hgp and 3 gold/1 green with more than 2 average comments....ugh...rehomed! Mom's bred again

edit: managed to win a turn and the tall QH mare foaled, rehomed immediately, I bred her to the QH stud you just put up :)
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Nothing yet, they're still pregnant, but I hope I get something good...I better xD I just ran out of turns though so have to wait until those come back :roll: I agree with you with training the best colts, I also think we should train our best fillies too :)
Another Arabian foaled (the dam of the colt I linked here last night) and I got a filly.....with 63k hgp and 3 gold/1 green with more than 2 average comments....ugh...rehomed! Mom's bred again

edit: managed to win a turn and the tall QH mare foaled, rehomed immediately, I bred her to the QH stud you just put up :)
I hope you get a good foal from your second mare!! im glad you could use my stud :) Man! Your luck tho :lol: :shock: So with training, it gets me bored fast, lol, so I usually save the fillies for breeding and train the colts, unless I get a filly that is super amazing :)
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:

I hope you get a good foal from your second mare!! im glad you could use my stud :) Man! Your luck tho :lol: :shock: So with training, it gets me bored fast, lol, so I usually save the fillies for breeding and train the colts, unless I get a filly that is super amazing :)
Ugh I know....my luck is crap :mad:. Hope I get something good out of the other mare too. And the tall one after breeding her with your short stud. I know what you mean by training being boring, once I started breeding towards more specific goals I quit training so I didnt have to worry about it lol :roll:
But breeding good quality fillies is just....GRRRR...starting to make me wonder if they exist :?
Last edited by JillJessie1997 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Ugh I know....my luck is crap :mad:. Hope I get something good out of the other mare too. And the tall one after breeding her with your short stud. I know what you mean by training being boring, once I started breeding towards more specific goals I quit training so I didnt have to worry about it lol :roll:
But breeding good quality fillies is just....GRRRR...starting to make me wonder if they exist :?
Seriously! :roll: Its so annoying! we need good fillies!! Oh! i went shopping and found two more 5* Quarter mares! They have low GPs, but hey, at least they're 5*! I bred one with my 5* stud but then I couldn't breed the second one because I'm not skilled enough for another pregnant mare :oops: Lol I have like 10 mares pregnant tho :lol:
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Seriously! :roll: Its so annoying! we need good fillies!! Oh! i went shopping and found two more 5* Quarter mares! They have low GPs, but hey, at least they're 5*! I bred one with my 5* stud but then I couldn't breed the second one because I'm not skilled enough for another pregnant mare :oops: Lol I have like 10 mares pregnant tho :lol:
Hahah congratulations on the new mares! I say we get the evaluation scores consistently at 5* before worrying about their breeder's reports otherwise it'll drive us nuts! And whenever I run into that roadblock....off to learn a breeding course I go :P I lost track of how many pregnant horses I have but I have very few mares now (uhm a lot of them died unfortunately :roll:)

As a side note, while waiting for my turns to come back I want to share these fillies with you. Aren't they gorgeous? These are part of my Danish Warmblood project, they're 95% Part Danish Warmblood x Forest Horse. I had a lot more luck with them on the evaluation side of things, only 2 are 4*, the 3rd is 5*. Only problem is they're quite inbred as there's only 1 stud of the breed posted. As soon as I get them bred back to pure I'll be focusing on getting their GP higher and with gold or green stats suited for show jumping. But yea can't wait until they reach breeding age :P

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:15 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:15 pm