Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Discipline Potential Evaluation

Post by Frost »

Hidalgo wrote:
Silverine wrote:
Is this confirmed? If so, where? From what I've seen the what power comment is rarer.
I don't have a study to prove it, it's just my personal experience (a few years of breeding for strength) and that of others as well. Unfortunately I don't know if the people who I've talked with about it in the past are still active. In my experience the Ox comment is both much rarer and harder to consistently breed, and the horses with it generally perform much better as well, when the other stats are correctly balanced of course. Honestly I thought it was widely accepted, I didn't mean to be too blunt or assertive about it :lol:
Also apologies for my late reply, I've barely been on lately so I only just noticed this.

Pinging you, Frost just in case but I don't know if you've worked extensively enough with strength to have an opinion.
Frost wrote:...
And Lemon idk if you're on much or if you've got an opinion on it either, but I know you've been breeding log pullers for quite a while as well, so I thought I'd ping you too, hope you don't mind :D
Lemoncypress wrote:...

I’ll have to agree Ox is the top comment. The way they are written makes it sound like the wow what power would be better than Ox but I don’t think it is.
The wow what power is just much much easier to get than Ox, especially on mares.
Eugene
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Eugene »

Frost wrote:...
Since we're on the topic of changes to comment orders, I think that "better than a tightrope walker" should be placed above "set the standard" in the balance column. Looking through my excel graveyard, the "set the standard" comment has shown up 20 times out of 179 horses, while "better than a tightrope walker" appeared once in that same pool of horses. At this point 'set the standard' horses are a dime a dozen, but getting the tightrope comment is once in a blue moon.
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Eugene wrote: Since we're on the topic of changes to comment orders, I think that "better than a tightrope walker" should be placed above "set the standard" in the balance column. Looking through my excel graveyard, the "set the standard" comment has shown up 20 times out of 179 horses, while "better than a tightrope walker" appeared once in that same pool of horses. At this point 'set the standard' horses are a dime a dozen, but getting the tightrope comment is once in a blue moon.
Were the horses you recorded related to each other? Horses from the same bloodline throw similar comments more often than completely unrelated horses so it's worth checking.
Eugene
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Eugene »

Silverine wrote:
Eugene wrote: Since we're on the topic of changes to comment orders, I think that "better than a tightrope walker" should be placed above "set the standard" in the balance column. Looking through my excel graveyard, the "set the standard" comment has shown up 20 times out of 179 horses, while "better than a tightrope walker" appeared once in that same pool of horses. At this point 'set the standard' horses are a dime a dozen, but getting the tightrope comment is once in a blue moon.
Were the horses you recorded related to each other? Horses from the same bloodline throw similar comments more often than completely unrelated horses so it's worth checking.
They were yeah.
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Eugene wrote:
Silverine wrote:
They were yeah.
Interesting. I'll keep an eye on this. Currently working through 1,000+ horses to add to my own research so it may take a bit... :?
Eugene
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Eugene »

Silverine wrote:
Eugene wrote:
They were yeah.
Interesting. I'll keep an eye on this. Currently working through 1,000+ horses to add to my own research so it may take a bit... :?
Oh dear, good luck! I looked at the ones that were still alive (or that had good notes) and the tightrope comments all seem to have come from horses descended from this guy and his close relatives. The first few were his great great grandchildren.
JaycenUwU
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

Silverine wrote:
I always thought in the movement section natural mover was better than say "easy on the eyes" or "one fine mover" I find it occurs less but also, if it is below those other comments whew am I doing good with my current herd and perhaps I made mistakes using a few "natural mover" studs too often
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 1:11 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 1:11 pm