So...

Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: So...

Post by Argent »

I mapped on the necessary crosses both on paper and using Excel. And there's a program called BreedMate that I've also used.
Corvus
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Corvus »

I'm trying to see how to get a Finnhorse and it's going to take a while. I've got to cross a Finnish Draft and Oldenburg. The Finnish Draft won't be too bad, but the Oldenburg side is going to be a pain. On the way to Finnish Draft, I need a Norwegian Fjord and an Icelandic, which are two other breeds I like, so I might just stick with those for a while. Or maybe I should see if the Faroese Pony would be easier. And I just looked and yes. Yes it is. Much easier.
Deslumbrar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Deslumbrar »

I think you'll be surprised... With a decent group of people playing regularly (which it looks like there rather will be), most of them will likely be interested in creating breeds that will be great for a group effort (the long-time breeds, Thoroughbreds, most warmbloods, newer designer breeds). And many of those will be helpful to others in their goals. Im sure there will be plenty of cooperation and things will happen much more quickly than one person trying to create a whole line to a certain breed on their own.
Danii
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Danii »

All you people calculating your crosses and how many generations it'll take and such and I'm just here winging it and hoping I create something that resembles the breed I want haha although I have done research, I'm just sorta experimenting at the moment. Seeing what crosses to do what and such. Its quite fun although I keep losing track of what crosses I want to make and such.
Valkyriea
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyriea »

Haha, i need some kind of order in tow xD
Quest
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Quest »

When I can get onto a computer where I can see a sort proper layout (instead of the jumbled mess that is the mobile version lol), I will be working on Thoroughbreds.
As well as Dartmoors and Holsteiners.

It's going to take some time but it'll happen! :)
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Thoroughbreds and Holsteiners are actually fairly straightforward. 99% of the work is getting the Andalusian for the TB, and then there are only a couple of crosses using the TB to produce the Holstein.
Jorlana
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Jorlana »

Wow...

I just spent a couple of hours figuring out the Appaloosa family tree:

http://familyecho.com/?p=START&c=4u97jn ... 3997229661

I'm going to need so many WABs. Sooooo many.
Valkyriea
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyriea »

Jorlana wrote:Wow...

I just spent a couple of hours figuring out the Appaloosa family tree:

http://familyecho.com/?p=START&c=4u97jn ... 3997229661

I'm going to need so many WABs. Sooooo many.
Holy Guacamoly! That's intense!
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

I think I'm going to be going for Mangalarga Marchadors and their adjacent breed. Adjacent to mean those breeds that I can make in my own farm with the breeds I actually want to breed. Marchadors themselves are a 24 generation excursion that includes Hanoveians, Holsteins, Trakheners, and Thoroughbreds. I don't know if I will actually breed those for myself though. It depends on some factors and stuff.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 7:16 am

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:16 am