Community Forum

URGENT PLEASE READ (feel free to leave a ping!)

Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: URGENT PLEASE READ (feel free to leave a ping!)

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

UnpredictableDragon wrote:
GabbysPets wrote: How does viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40324 look?
Might I make one suggestion? I would like to lend a hand in this project, however I don't want it to overstep my current project. As I've stated, I'm on board with helping with certain breeds that pertain to my current project, and for now that's all. I don't want to be starting outside projects that are irrelevant to my current project breed. For example, I would gladly help breed Newfoundland Ponies, Poney Francais de Selle, Irish Draught, and/or Irish Sporthorses. I would have to decline breeding (for example) a Noma Pony as it does not have any relations to my connemaras. So I might suggest making a membership tier for people who want to work with specific breeds, not just whatever is thrown to them ;)
Awesome idea, thank you :D
Cat_girl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cat_girl »

Spartan Onyx wrote:So as we are all familiar with me buying rare breeds and helping to boost population, ive noticed at least 3 to 4 breeds hanging by a thread to exist and just 2 to 4 horses away from full on extinction!
please note that its hard work, a little expensive and quite tedious to do but id like to see how many others would be up for the idea of starting a group or a club based on bringing all the rare breeds back to a healthy number?
I would love to be in the club! I have some tawleeds Idk if you consider this hanging by a thread but there are 21 active ones. my sister wanted some and Then decided she would rather breed something different.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

I'm glad the "Specific Breeder" part got added; I'll probably fit into that since I've been working on all of the breeds at random. I'll probably do Extra Breeding as well since I tend to make my own recipe horses anyway.

I'd say don't make all of the eval books a requirement. Speaking from experience, it's an absolute pain and a bit overwhelming trying to find a specific one if you buy all of them at once; that's over 300 breeds to scroll through. It's easier to keep only the ones you deal with often and then buy and sell books as needed to stop them from clogging your inventory.

Alternatively, you could make an Evaluator Tier where someone has all of the books and evals each breed/recipe horse for every breed that it could be used for. I'd recommend possibly another form be made for that so that the main one doesn't get clogged. This could be good for actual breed horses that will definitely be used just to test their potential moving forward, but ultimately it'd be best if breeders did their own evals for recipe horses and such as to not spam a topic with links.

A recommendation could be an Advisor tier? For those who have a lot of experience with breeding to specifications or breeding new breeds. That way if anyone has questions or needs help, they know who to ask. Alternatively you can add "Would you be willing to offer advice as needed?" or something similar to the tier questions and you can just add a star emote next to the name of the player in that list. I'm sure we all have a few different tips and tricks we can pass on to others.
Spartan Onyx
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Spartan Onyx »

GabbysPets wrote:
Spartan Onyx wrote:So as we are all familiar with me buying rare breeds and helping to boost population, ive noticed at least 3 to 4 breeds hanging by a thread to exist and just 2 to 4 horses away from full on extinction!
please note that its hard work, a little expensive and quite tedious to do but id like to see how many others would be up for the idea of starting a group or a club based on bringing all the rare breeds back to a healthy number?
How does viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40324 look?

i actually like this thanks! also ive been busy irl so ive gotta deal with that plus manage time on here too :D
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:I'm glad the "Specific Breeder" part got added; I'll probably fit into that since I've been working on all of the breeds at random. I'll probably do Extra Breeding as well since I tend to make my own recipe horses anyway.

I'd say don't make all of the eval books a requirement. Speaking from experience, it's an absolute pain and a bit overwhelming trying to find a specific one if you buy all of them at once; that's over 300 breeds to scroll through. It's easier to keep only the ones you deal with often and then buy and sell books as needed to stop them from clogging your inventory.

Alternatively, you could make an Evaluator Tier where someone has all of the books and evals each breed/recipe horse for every breed that it could be used for. I'd recommend possibly another form be made for that so that the main one doesn't get clogged. This could be good for actual breed horses that will definitely be used just to test their potential moving forward, but ultimately it'd be best if breeders did their own evals for recipe horses and such as to not spam a topic with links.

A recommendation could be an Advisor tier? For those who have a lot of experience with breeding to specifications or breeding new breeds. That way if anyone has questions or needs help, they know who to ask. Alternatively you can add "Would you be willing to offer advice as needed?" or something similar to the tier questions and you can just add a star emote next to the name of the player in that list. I'm sure we all have a few different tips and tricks we can pass on to others.
I never thought of that... But it's a great idea :D

Both of your suggestions will be added shortly :)
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Spartan Onyx wrote:

i actually like this thanks! also ive been busy irl so ive gotta deal with that plus manage time on here too :D
I'm glad you like it :)

Is there anything you'd like changed? Like, if there is someone else you want to be a leader or not since you cannot be on that much :D
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:I'm glad the "Specific Breeder" part got added; I'll probably fit into that since I've been working on all of the breeds at random. I'll probably do Extra Breeding as well since I tend to make my own recipe horses anyway.

Might I make one suggestion? I would like to lend a hand in this project, however I don't want it to overstep my current project. As I've stated, I'm on board with helping with certain breeds that pertain to my current project, and for now that's all. I don't want to be starting outside projects that are irrelevant to my current project breed. For example, I would gladly help breed Newfoundland Ponies, Poney Francais de Selle, Irish Draught, and/or Irish Sporthorses. I would have to decline breeding (for example) a Noma Pony as it does not have any relations to my connemaras. So I might suggest making a membership tier for people who want to work with specific breeds, not just whatever is thrown to them ;)
Spartan Onyx wrote:

Made another main post just with this account: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40327
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:

Spartan Onyx wrote:

Made another main post just with this account: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40327
When are you going to allow people to sign up for it? Just a quick question
GabbysPets
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by GabbysPets »

Iris rock stables wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: Made another main post just with this account: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40327
When are you going to allow people to sign up for it? Just a quick question
Once everyone here agrees it looks fine and suggestions are done :)
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:.
Iris rock stables wrote:.
UnpredictableDragon wrote:.
Heartland2001 wrote:.
Cat_girl wrote:.
viewtopic.php?f=19&p=339338#p339338 is now open to applications, though anything can still be added/removed if necessary :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 26, 2024 6:11 pm

It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 6:11 pm