Community Forum

Earth Creek Ranch [closed]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Earth Creek Ranch

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Seriously! :roll: Its so annoying! we need good fillies!! Oh! i went shopping and found two more 5* Quarter mares! They have low GPs, but hey, at least they're 5*! I bred one with my 5* stud but then I couldn't breed the second one because I'm not skilled enough for another pregnant mare :oops: Lol I have like 10 mares pregnant tho :lol:
Hahah congratulations on the new mares! I say we get the evaluation scores consistently at 5* before worrying about their breeder's reports otherwise it'll drive us nuts! And whenever I run into that roadblock....off to learn a breeding course I go :P I lost track of how many pregnant horses I have but I have very few mares now (uhm a lot of them died unfortunately :roll:)

As a side note, while waiting for my turns to come back I want to share these fillies with you. Aren't they gorgeous? These are part of my Danish Warmblood project, they're 95% Part Danish Warmblood x Forest Horse. I had a lot more luck with them on the evaluation side of things, only 2 are 4*, the 3rd is 5*. Only problem is they're quite inbred as there's only 1 stud of the breed posted. As soon as I get them bred back to pure I'll be focusing on getting their GP higher and with gold or green stats suited for show jumping. But yea can't wait until they reach breeding age :P

I love Goldie Locks! lol I have a thing with palominos! I love them <3 Great job on your Danish project! I happen to love Denmark too :P I'll be watching your project with interest :D Thanks for the advice on the mares! I have to remember to worry about evaluation first before stats... and take lots of courses! But I'm doing a training course right now :roll:
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
Hahah congratulations on the new mares! I say we get the evaluation scores consistently at 5* before worrying about their breeder's reports otherwise it'll drive us nuts! And whenever I run into that roadblock....off to learn a breeding course I go :P I lost track of how many pregnant horses I have but I have very few mares now (uhm a lot of them died unfortunately :roll:)

As a side note, while waiting for my turns to come back I want to share these fillies with you. Aren't they gorgeous? These are part of my Danish Warmblood project, they're 95% Part Danish Warmblood x Forest Horse. I had a lot more luck with them on the evaluation side of things, only 2 are 4*, the 3rd is 5*. Only problem is they're quite inbred as there's only 1 stud of the breed posted. As soon as I get them bred back to pure I'll be focusing on getting their GP higher and with gold or green stats suited for show jumping. But yea can't wait until they reach breeding age :P

I love Goldie Locks! lol I have a thing with palominos! I love them <3 Great job on your Danish project! I happen to love Denmark too :P I'll be watching your project with interest :D Thanks for the advice on the mares! I have to remember to worry about evaluation first before stats... and take lots of courses! But I'm doing a training course right now :roll:
Hahaha thank you! I love them all, my favorite one is the middle filly, followed by Goldie Locks hahah! I like palominos myself! My mom use to own a registered palomino QH, but she didn't have that golden color to her coat and looked white. She was a great horse, unfortunately financial issues cropped up and she had to give her away. But she was only greenbroke yet you could throw a little kid on her and they could ride her fine. I also have a thing for dapples, specifically dappled greys, and horses with lots of color (I love leopard appaloosa coats <3, I was thinking of opening a fourth project breeding appaloosa Friesians, but I need to take more courses first :P).
No problem on the advice :) It's best to get one goal accomplished at a time so you don't drive yourself nuts over the breeder's report.
I'm not taking any courses right now, but I do have the holding account where I can own 9 horses and it's learning another one right now :P
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Hahaha thank you! I love them all, my favorite one is the middle filly, followed by Goldie Locks hahah! I like palominos myself! My mom use to own a registered palomino QH, but she didn't have that golden color to her coat and looked white. She was a great horse, unfortunately financial issues cropped up and she had to give her away. But she was only greenbroke yet you could throw a little kid on her and they could ride her fine. I also have a thing for dapples, specifically dappled greys, and horses with lots of color (I love leopard appaloosa coats <3, I was thinking of opening a fourth project breeding appaloosa Friesians, but I need to take more courses first :P).
No problem on the advice :) It's best to get one goal accomplished at a time so you don't drive yourself nuts over the breeder's report.
I'm not taking any courses right now, but I do have the holding account where I can own 9 horses and it's learning another one right now :P
That's so neat about your moms horse! I like dapple greys too! and dapple bays <3 and black horses... Leopard Friesians would be soooo neat! I am thinking of trying to breed the black stallion <3 I'll probably do an Arabian featured mare and breed her with a Thoroughbred and maybe add Deliboz blood? Idk yet...
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
That's so neat about your moms horse! I like dapple greys too! and dapple bays <3 and black horses... Leopard Friesians would be soooo neat! I am thinking of trying to breed the black stallion <3 I'll probably do an Arabian featured mare and breed her with a Thoroughbred and maybe add Deliboz blood? Idk yet...
Oooh, ohh I got a picture of a horse you might be interested in! Not a game horse, but my real life Appendix QH mare Jessie. She's mixed with 2 other breeds, Paint and Standardbred, but the Appendix shows the most. She's sorrel, but looks darker because she's sweated down from the heat and humidity here in FL, and we had just got done jumping! (Yes, I walked her out :lol:) She has a multiple personality thing going on I swear, one day she has the temperament of a QH, the next she's spooking and jumping like a TB...but she makes up for it by being an awesome trail horse and a GREAT jumper...the highest she's done with me on her is 3 foot or 3 foot 1, without a rider she's cleared 5 foot, but that's when she was younger, like 10 or so (she's about 15-17). When we jump now I keep the jumps 2'9 and under, most of the time we do 2'3. Wooo!!!! Now that I got that out of my system xD Just had to share my baby!!! <3

She actually made me think of trying to create a new breed on here....taking the Standardbred side of her and mixing it with appaloosa colored horses to create an appaloosa Standardbred called the Appaloosa Pacer (as you know standardbreds do this really fast pacing trot that could out a galloping horse, and Jessie does that too if you give her the cue). xD
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Oooh, ohh I got a picture of a horse you might be interested in! Not a game horse, but my real life Appendix QH mare Jessie. She's mixed with 2 other breeds, Paint and Standardbred, but the Appendix shows the most. She's sorrel, but looks darker because she's sweated down from the heat and humidity here in FL, and we had just got done jumping! (Yes, I walked her out :lol:) She has a multiple personality thing going on I swear, one day she has the temperament of a QH, the next she's spooking and jumping like a TB...but she makes up for it by being an awesome trail horse and a GREAT jumper...the highest she's done with me on her is 3 foot or 3 foot 1, without a rider she's cleared 5 foot, but that's when she was younger, like 10 or so (she's about 15-17). When we jump now I keep the jumps 2'9 and under, most of the time we do 2'3. Wooo!!!! Now that I got that out of my system xD Just had to share my baby!!! <3

She actually made me think of trying to create a new breed on here....taking the Standardbred side of her and mixing it with appaloosa colored horses to create an appaloosa Standardbred called the Appaloosa Pacer (as you know standardbreds do this really fast pacing trot that could out a galloping horse, and Jessie does that too if you give her the cue). xD
Wow! She's a beautiful horse! That's so neat that you jump! I do western :) I love barrel racing <3 my horse is a solid Paint! An Appaloosa Pacer would just be soooooo cool! Is there such a thing on the game? Or not? Btw someone just answered me so I'm going to be buying some Appendix horses! Yay!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:Wow! She's a beautiful horse! That's so neat that you jump! I do western :) I love barrel racing <3 my horse is a solid Paint! An Appaloosa Pacer would just be soooooo cool! Is there such a thing on the game? Or not? Btw someone just answered me so I'm going to be buying some Appendix horses! Yay!
Thank you!! I love her!! In the summer her age really shows, but in autumn and spring she looks really young :D She's really well rounded, western and english, jumping and everything else for english, trails for western. And no, there is no such thing as an Appaloosa Pacer in the game or even in real life, it would be a breed I create myself and just use the breeding communities forum to get people interested in breeding them....until registries are implemented that is. Good luck with your Appendix project! :D

EDIT:
OMG OMG!!! My Arabians Straight Moon (dam of the colt I posted last night!) and Snowcapped Pepper (sire of that same colt!) just dropped me a very nice filly!! She is the 2nd SIX STAT filly, 4 gold 2 green, 65k+hgp. 4* (little short, born at 29 inches :lol: she is tiny even for an Arabian!) but FINALLY! I bred the parents again once last time in hopes of another filly....if no luck I'm changing the stud I bred Straight Moon to :P

The second QH mare foaled....3* filly culled immediately and bred again with your stud I'm holding :mad:
On the bright side, my 5* Danish filly Kijana Blessing turned 4 and has been bred! To her father ugh! Can't wait until they breed pure so I can get some new blood :lol:
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:ping

This is the colt from last night...he's now halfway through his yearling stage. As you know from our previous chats I don't train my horses any more and since my money maker died I've been looking for a new one (the Part Belgian I have in the barn leftover from the beginning of my Belgian project way back SUCKS....meh at least he's got color :roll:) But yeah anyway, I checked up on this little guy since I had gotten down to 0 turns again, reading over his report, updating his photo and etc. All of sudden I decided to enter him in local level 5 Hunter shows for the rest of the game day. He placed 1st and 2nd places, earned me 3 turns and pony tokens, all WITHOUT training. I think this little colt is trying to tell me something :mrgreen:
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:ping

This is the colt from last night...he's now halfway through his yearling stage. As you know from our previous chats I don't train my horses any more and since my money maker died I've been looking for a new one (the Part Belgian I have in the barn leftover from the beginning of my Belgian project way back SUCKS....meh at least he's got color :roll:) But yeah anyway, I checked up on this little guy since I had gotten down to 0 turns again, reading over his report, updating his photo and etc. All of sudden I decided to enter him in local level 5 Hunter shows for the rest of the game day. He placed 1st and 2nd places, earned me 3 turns and pony tokens, all WITHOUT training. I think this little colt is trying to tell me something :mrgreen:

Wow just wow... what else to say!? LUCKY!!!! Your luck is coming back!! High five!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:

Wow just wow... what else to say!? LUCKY!!!! Your luck is coming back!! High five!
High five back to ya! I just upgraded him to level 6 local Hunter and he placed 1st straight across! No turns this time :( but think he's trying to tell me something for sure!
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:

High five back to ya! I just upgraded him to level 6 local Hunter and he placed 1st straight across! No turns this time :( but think he's trying to tell me something for sure!
Seriously!!! Wow he sure is! No training too? You've got a champ ;)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 21, 2024 9:16 am

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:16 am