Community Forum

Training Overhaul, Tags, General Font and Margin changes

A log of updates, bug fixes, new features and other notable changes.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Training Overhaul, Tags, General Font and Margin changes

Post by larissar »

• Added new feature: tags. Tags can now be added to your horses. Free players are limited to 10 tags, Premium players can have up to 100 tags currently. In the future tags will be visible throughout other pages on the game and will be used for sorting/filtering/searching. Tags are deleted from retired/rehomed horses automatically. COPPA players are limited to using only the pre-defined list of tags, other players can enter tags free-form. Predefined list of tags will be expanded upon in coming updates.
  • Training page has been completely overhauled to better fit information based on feedback from players. Information has been condensed.
  • Font sizes and margins have been adjusted globally, and specifically on the horse information and horse training pages. More pages will be adjusted in future updates.
  • Training activities has been changed from a horizontal "list" of icons, to a true vertical list which displays the icon and also more details about the training activity.
  • Secondary data boxes on horse pages have been adjusted to reduce the size they take up, boxes on the training page have been moved so they'll appear on the side of the screen now when space permits.
  • Added star icons with gold stats on breeders reports. Some users have been confused about gold stats, thinking they are yellow and thus not as desirable as green. Gold stats now have a start beside them to indicate they are better than green.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Training Overhaul, Tags, General Font and Margin changes

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

I am wondering if it would be at all possible to have an option for the profile information to appear all at once (lineage/feed/etc). I had difficulty finding it when trying out the layout, and since I tend to breed often & a lot at once, having the option to have less to click through would be amazing. Rehoming not being available from the main screen is also a tad annoying but less so.

I love the new layout visually, but I'm having difficulty adjusting to playing with it; I currently have it turned off on this account. The tags are an amazing feature though! I'm excited to see how they're implemented sitewide.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

I would love to learn more about your play style so I can better understand where the issues are. Can you walk me through where you look and what buttons you click on when going through your regular tasks? If I can better learn what buttons you click on repeatedly, and what tasks take longer in this layout, then I can try to improve the experience.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Sure! I can screen record some videos later if that would be useful, but for now I'll just explain it.

I have my grinder open in one tab- this is probably routine. I'll take my locals for the day and then age up.

If no foals are born, I just kinda ignore the popup that appears. In the new layout I have to manually close it; if I did not receive any notifications for the turn (with links in them), I'd love for it to be able to go away on its own.

If I have any horses age up to breeding, those are the tabs I open. I will take pictures really quickly, update their names with conformation & relevant BR info (I don't name foals) and then move them into the pasture that I have set up for mares not in breeding (or for colts, my stud pasture). I had a difficult time locating where the option for moving pastures was in the new layout, and having to click back through to information each time I wanted to do something, or check which pasture a certain horse was in, was a little irritating.

Once I've done that, I will go through each birth notification starting with the one at the bottom of the little notification menu. My process for this is usually open -> check temperament -> check conformation -> check BR. I do like that the BR and confo can be viewed from the same page now, but I would prefer if the conformation summary was at the top, with BR underneath it, and then under that the specifics.

If I'm not sure if the horse is up to standard, I will then go and check the dam. I usually do this from the two tiny links and icons in the "Attributes" section in the layout. And then with the dam I'll have to click through BR, confo etc again, and check to see if she has any existing, better foals. Once I've made my decision I will close the tab(s) I opened in the checking process.

If I decided to keep the foal, I'll throw it into the relevant foal pasture. If I didn't, or if I was able to tell at a glance that the foal was subpar, I'll rehome it, and then reopen the mare's tab from that little link again so I can breed her.
So part of my issue is definitely that I'm unused to the layout. Playing with it more will make things smoother. I just don't like having to scroll way down for the conformation, and having the pedigree in that same tab makes it feel a little cluttered (if it was possible to toggle closed the pedigree maybe that would work).

I've noticed that when I've been using my grinder and then open new horse tabs, they'll all open to the competition tab. I'd like if I could choose which tab they opened on, even if just a premium feature.

The order of the tabs also feels a little awkward. Personally I think that they should go
Information | Breeding | Evaluating | Competing | Training | Gallery | Options, because for most horses I'll never even open the competing or training tab.

Hopefully this was helpful!
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

This is very helpful information! I will spend some time re-reading your post and considering how I can improve on the layout based on this play style. Thank you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 12:51 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:51 pm