Community Forum

Market Updates

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
brightspace16
Visit My Farm

Market Updates

Post by brightspace16 »

As I have been playing this game there are a few things in the market that I think would make the player experience better. I have listed the problems in red and the solutions in green
Inactive Accounts with Horses in the Market
One of the most frustrating things for me as a player is to find a horse that is up for offers but then to find out that that player has not been active for years. Due to this problem, there are tons of horses filling up and clogging the market and they can never be bought. I think the solution to this would be to put a limit on how long your horse is in the market before your listing has to be renewed (maybe not if you are premium) or completely clear the market 1 time week. This way horses on the market that are up for offers could be from active players and others could really buy them.

Searching for horses
It can be hard to find the horse you are looking for with so many in the market, especially if you are looking for a certain breed star or training leave. Another thing that I think would make the market experience better would be a refined search/filter function. It would be awesome if there was a way to filter horses based on the traits a person was looking for. Below is a list of suggestions I have found myself wishing for as I look through the market.
  • Being able to filter based on the star rating from a breed book I own
  • searching based on trained level
Breeders Mark
I have noticed that in many of the comments people wish that their breeder mark be left in the horse name even after it is sold. Unfortunately, there is no way to enforce this request once the horse is sold. It would be nice if you were a breeder of a horse, it would automatically put in your unique breeding symbol and if that could not be taken away. Similar to the way the MC symbol on horses works.

thanks for taking the time to read and let me know what your thoughts are HWO community :D .
MysticSunflower
Visit My Farm

Re: Market Updates

Post by MysticSunflower »

brightspace16 wrote: :D .
I think you have some great ideas here! I really like the suggestion of having a time limit on sale ads, and I think that could also be applied to competitions. Maybe competitions could "expire" if they don't have enough entries within a week of the run date?
brightspace16
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

MysticSunflower wrote:
brightspace16 wrote: :D .
Maybe competitions could "expire" if they don't have enough entries within a week of the run date?
I love it! great thinking!
kkhorsegirl
Visit My Farm

Post by kkhorsegirl »

brightspace16 wrote:
As I have been playing this game there are a few things in the market that I think would make the player experience better. I have listed the problems in red and the solutions in green
One of the most frustrating things for me as a player is to find a horse that is up for offers but then to find out that that player has not been active for years. Due to this problem, there are tons of horses filling up and clogging the market and they can never be bought. I think the solution to this would be to put a limit on how long your horse is in the market before your listing has to be renewed (maybe not if you are premium) or completely clear the market 1 time week. This way horses on the market that are up for offers could be from active players and others could really buy them.

Searching for horses
It can be hard to find the horse you are looking for with so many in the market, especially if you are looking for a certain breed star or training leave. Another thing that I think would make the market experience better would be a refined search/filter function. It would be awesome if there was a way to filter horses based on the traits a person was looking for. Below is a list of suggestions I have found myself wishing for as I look through the market.
Breeders Mark
I have noticed that in many of the comments people wish that their breeder mark be left in the horse name even after it is sold. Unfortunately, there is no way to enforce this request once the horse is sold. It would be nice if you were a breeder of a horse, it would automatically put in your unique breeding symbol and if that could not be taken away. Similar to the way the MC symbol on horses works.

thanks for taking the time to read and let me know what your thoughts are HWO community :D .
i think those are great ideas and would be very helpful! and with the search suggestion i think there should be where you can search a specific user so that if you like a specific users that regularly sell what your looking for you don't have to search their farm, i know if that person has a brand you can search that but most of the time for me it doesn't work and says "no horses for sale at this time". i apologize if i didn't make any sense.
brightspace16
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

kkhorsegirl wrote: I think those are great ideas
this makes perfect sense! I glad you agree with me and see what I am saying! :D
meaghanne
Visit My Farm

Post by meaghanne »

brightspace16 wrote:

Searching for horses
Breeders Mark

Obviously the market has been fixed, but I HIGHLY agree with the non-removable symbol. I couldn’t care less about the horses name until we can actually register them, but even with real world horse registrations you can typically change a horses name if there is no show record. Attaching a permanent ‘brand’ would probably be easier than adding a real brand to the photos and would make a lot of people happy so their barn would get recognition for their lines. I know I don’t sell anything because I can’t guarantee my |<3 will be left alone.
Bar Heart Ranch |<3
meaghanne
Visit My Farm

Post by meaghanne »

brightspace16 wrote:

Searching for horses
Breeders Mark

Obviously the market has been fixed, but I HIGHLY agree with the non-removable symbol. I couldn’t care less about the horses name until we can actually register them, but even with real world horse registrations you can typically change a horses name if there is no show record. Attaching a permanent ‘brand’ would probably be easier than adding a real brand to the photos and would make a lot of people happy so their barn would get recognition for their lines. I know I don’t sell anything because I can’t guarantee my |<3 will be left alone.
Bar Heart Ranch |<3
brightspace16
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

meaghanne wrote: Obviously the market has been fixed, but I HIGHLY agree with the non-removable symbol. I couldn’t care less about the horses name until we can actually register them, but even with real world horse registrations you can typically change a horses name if there is no show record. Attaching a permanent ‘brand’ would probably be easier than adding a real brand to the photos and would make a lot of people happy so their barn would get recognition for their lines. I know I don’t sell anything because I can’t guarantee my |<3 will be left alone.
I am glad you see my point! I believe Noble Horse Champion does something similar (as far as branding goes) and it would be nice to see that here! :D
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

brightspace16 wrote:
meaghanne wrote: Obviously the market has been fixed, but I HIGHLY agree with the non-removable symbol. I couldn’t care less about the horses name until we can actually register them, but even with real world horse registrations you can typically change a horses name if there is no show record. Attaching a permanent ‘brand’ would probably be easier than adding a real brand to the photos and would make a lot of people happy so their barn would get recognition for their lines. I know I don’t sell anything because I can’t guarantee my |<3 will be left alone.
I am glad you see my point! I believe Noble Horse Champion does something similar (as far as branding goes) and it would be nice to see that here! :D
Yeah. I have played Noble Horse Champion and you can fix your own brand there. I stopped playing NHC because it was boring and there wasn't a forum. :) It would definitely be nice to be able to brand horses you breed.

Even more realistic would be to actually see the brand on the horse, and have you own area on the horse that you brand on (hindquarter, shoulder, etc)
Nercrodrone
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Nercrodrone »

I'm nero'ing this thread because I would looove a market filter update!
My wish is to see a search by body type option. I'm in a breeding cycle where I want only pony type medium, and horse type medium; Being able to filter just having horses of that type showing, or even having that information automatically displayed on the horse's sale blurb would make looking into the market much easier.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 7:49 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:49 pm