Community Forum

Color checks?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Kismet
Visit My Farm

Color checks?

Post by Kismet »

Hi all

Looking for some second opinions/confirmations on a couple of my horse colors. I think I have them right but I find these things pretty easy to mess up.

Radiance

I have her down as a silver sable cream snowflake - the silver and snowflake are pretty straight forward but I keep going back and looking at the sable cream. She has the real faint nose/eye speckles which to me mean she has the cream/champagne combo. Pretty sure she's not bay - no color difference on the lower legs, that I can see, and she seems too dark to be chestnut or black based.

Glitz

I have Glitz down as a flaxen gold champagne, the part I'm uneasy about is the flaxen. I actually originally had her as a silver amber champagne when she was first born - I just assumed from the really light mane and tail with the darker body she inherited her mother's silver and bay. Then show me surprised when I go back to look at her after a year and she is very clearly (at least I think so) chestnut based. But her mane and tail are super light so I'm kind of assuming that both mom and dad have some hidden flaxen and I just got lucky. :D

Thanks for the help!
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Color checks?

Post by Raikit »

Those both look right to me. The sable is harder to tell, but if you look closely you can see some more yellow-ish areas by her nose, flank, and girth area that tell you she is brown-based.
Kismet
Visit My Farm

Re: Color checks?

Post by Kismet »

Thanks for the confirmation Raikit, I really appreciate it!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:43 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:43 pm