Community Forum

Do you concur?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Do you concur?

Post by Silverine »

I have a filly who is giving me a bit of confusion. At first I thought she a double cream on brown, but then I remembered that her mother doesn't have cream. She also can't be a double dilute because her eyes are too dark. So that means single cream and champagne from her dad on top of what looks to me like a bay base now that she's a year. So Amber Cream. But her coat looks a lot lighter than most amber creams I've seen. Is she just a light variant, or am I missing something?

Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Do you concur?

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Silverine wrote:I have a filly who is giving me a bit of confusion. At first I thought she a double cream on brown, but then I remembered that her mother doesn't have cream. She also can't be a double dilute because her eyes are too dark. So that means single cream and champagne from her dad on top of what looks to me like a bay base now that she's a year. So Amber Cream. But her coat looks a lot lighter than most amber creams I've seen. Is she just a light variant, or am I missing something?

Honestly, I'm seeing dun...you can see a darkened head and slightly off colored belly.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
Honestly, I'm seeing dun...you can see a darkened head and slightly off colored belly.
Yeah, I was wondering about that. Her mom is possibly homozygous for dun so it's pretty likely this girl has it, it's just super faint right now.
Dawnstar I
Visit My Farm

Post by Dawnstar I »

Yep I see very faint stripes on her legs C:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 3:54 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:54 pm