Community Forum

Anyone Breed COI 0 Horses?

WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Anyone Breed COI 0 Horses?

Post by WILD FLICKA »

Hi there, I breed COI 0 horses and wanted to see if there is anyone else out there that does too. What is your best horse? Mine is a Gen 2 Baladi with 1 Green and 49k HGP. I also have some others with Greens and Golds
Dignified Amethyst
GrayJay
Visit My Farm

Re: Anyone Breed COI 0 Horses?

Post by GrayJay »

One of my goals is 0% COI in my herd if I can (except for the "Low HGP foal" quest). I am pretty new to the game so I have bred only the foundation horses so far and I haven't passed 40K HGP yet. (Visit my farm if you want to see, horses are not very exciting so far.) I'm finding it very difficult to find new higher HGP mares for my stallions to keep the COI% down as most people are not concerned with COI%, but I'll take a low COI% over a high HGP any day, if only people would sell those mares! :)
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

GrayJay wrote:.
That's great! It has taken me a very long time to make it here and hundreds of breedings. It is very hard because I can only use a mare and stallion once on the foundation breeds before turning them over. What breeds do you work with most? I can send some mares your way if I get any. I'm guilty of keeping my best mares to create new COI 0 breeds, but I can let a few go. I have also found that there seems to be more stallions with better stats that come out of the Adoption Center in general too.
Ricardo Ardo
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ricardo Ardo »

WILD FLICKA wrote:Hi there, I breed COI 0 horses and wanted to see if there is anyone else out there that does too. What is your best horse? Mine is a Gen 2 Baladi with 1 Green and 49k HGP. I also have some others with Greens and Golds
Dignified Amethyst
I'm breeding turks but as you say in the post above it's very slow going. my best is 5th gen 40k HGP.
Morgan_horse_lover
Visit My Farm

Post by Morgan_horse_lover »

GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay2 »

WILD FLICKA wrote:
GrayJay wrote:.
That's great! It has taken me a very long time to make it here and hundreds of breedings. It is very hard because I can only use a mare and stallion once on the foundation breeds before turning them over. What breeds do you work with most? I can send some mares your way if I get any. I'm guilty of keeping my best mares to create new COI 0 breeds, but I can let a few go. I have also found that there seems to be more stallions with better stats that come out of the Adoption Center in general too.
I'm posting with my 2nd farm profile this time (GrayJay 2 vs. GrayJay (farm 1)).
Yes, the challenge for me has definitely been finding new mares. I'm really just starting out so I have a few of each of the 9 foundation breeds (Arabian, Belgian, Caspian, Forest Horse and NAB on one farm ("East Coast Stables") and Przewalskis, Shetland Ponies, Tarpans and Turkmenes on the 2nd farm ("Maritime Stables"). My goals are simple: To produce all the breeds while keeping COI at 0% or as low as possible. Over the next couple of generations I will be working on horses where the combination is the simplest -- Ardennais, Ob, Baladi, Exmoor Pony (starting with Ob).
My method is to keep the horses I breed that have the highest HGP and either re-home or sell the others that I won't use (I don't usually sell any horses that have red stats, I just re-home them). For purebreds, I keep the highest HGP stallion and mare of the breed, try to find a good mare to buy for the stallion, and breed the mare outside.
At this point I think I am done with the Adoption Centre (I adopted horses from the AC to complete the quests) so I'm relying on whatever people are willing to sell. I look for the highest HGP possible but I'll definitely settle for low HGP mares with 0% COI if you no longer need them. I'll keep in touch!

A thought: It's possible that there are a few other people out there who would like to keep their COI low and who are encountering the same challenge of lack of new mares to bring into their herd. It might be worthwhile for you to form a "Low COI" club so people can arrange breeding for this purposes. (I for one would be interested.)
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

GrayJay2 wrote:.
Yep I have all the breeds and several simple new breeds all COI 0. You are welcome to always go through my mares and pick something out and you can have it as soon as I'm done with her. Anything in my Experiments pastures I'll sell once they aren't pregnant. I would be open to a COI 0 club, but I would only sell horses, I wouldn't buy them unless they came straight from the AC. I'm really picky and my foundation breeds are only breed the the Generation number they are so I can track how many Gens I have gone, plus I like it to be all my genetics.
GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay2 »

WILD FLICKA wrote:
Yep I have all the breeds and several simple new breeds all COI 0. You are welcome to always go through my mares and pick something out and you can have it as soon as I'm done with her. Anything in my Experiments pastures I'll sell once they aren't pregnant. I would be open to a COI 0 club, but I would only sell horses, I wouldn't buy them unless they came straight from the AC. I'm really picky and my foundation breeds are only breed the the Generation number they are so I can track how many Gens I have gone, plus I like it to be all my genetics.
I think I'm tracking my generations the same way you are, interesting! I'm also trying to get all breeds somewhat synced for generations, i.e., for all my horses, I am now breeding the 2nd generation removed from the Adoption Centre (except Arabians are a bit ahead as that was my first horse so I'm working on the first Gen 3 foal). For this reason, I wait until my horses are older (around 15 years) before I breed them, so I will be able to re-home any low-stat mares (I sell only horses that have no red stats). I'm also trying to get the average HGP of my entire herd to be gradually higher with each generation. The problem with AC is that the HGP is usually low, so I do buy mares from the market, but they have to be 0% COI and I check their line to make sure none of my horses are relatives within 7 generations.

I'll definitely look through your herd. Currently I'm looking for a purebred Tarpan mare with 0% COI, ideally 35K HGP or higher but I'll take lower; let me know if you have one that you can spare (I'll look through your farm as well).
GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay2 »

WILD FLICKA wrote:
Hey there! Once you are done with this Tarpan mare (http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1095423), do you think you might be willing to sell her? It's to breed with my Tarpan colt (http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1070374). He's quite young and I breed my horses late so I won't be breeding him for a while yet, so no rush at all. (Plus I play very slowly!)
WILD FLICKA
Visit My Farm

Post by WILD FLICKA »

Sure I just bought her so it will depend on how long it takes to get a foal I want to keep.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:58 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:58 am